Pontiac G8 Forum banner

*rant*

2K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Supercharged 
#1 ·
ok so ive seen this talked to death but frankly ppl still dont get it

nobody cares if you've been in the business for 20 yrs dont preach about how it should be set up cuz its not. listen to music in cars are waaaay different from tv/movies and live music. jus give advice and dont hate on others opinions, everyone has there owned preferred setup and experiences.

i like my tune coming mostly from the rear of the car and this bug the pros and others sayin nonono should be from the front thats the sound stage its best heard from.

if u flame ppl for their opinion, dont expect to not get flamed back.
time for ppl to give more respect to this brotherhood, not stupid high school drama queen stuff

#24 ·
lol exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if the O.P. had a good christmas? :wink2:

#4 ·
its jus annoying when ppl ask for advice and u get aholes preaching how they have to set it up or ppl flaming on the advice the last person gave even on my post for upgrading speakers last yr i got flamed out for liking my music coming from the back of my car like come on really, and its been on many posts its jus plain annoying, dont u find it stupid when ppl ask for advice and get flamed on, i can only speak my mind so much cuz man they shyt ppl put make u wanna go nuclear on them sometimes

#5 ·

It's the internet. And furthermore it's a forum. You must be new to to this, because people have and will continue to argue over everything. I haven't seen many people get "flammed" on this board. It's rather tame in my opinion. I suggest though, if your opinion is shot down you don't get your panties in a bunch.

In conclusion, there is not a ton of traffic in here, so when you give advice it's always good to mention why you like your setup and if you've tried other setups why you dont like them. Just saying "Chevy trucks are the best" does nobody any good and impressionable people will go out and buy one without even looking at a Ford. A better way to phrase a statement is "I like Chevy trucks. Their mpg is better and features for the dollar exceed that of a Ford. Also I owned a ford and it was a nightmare, this is my opinion". See the difference between the 2? In the end the seeker of advice can wad through the opinions and make their own conclusion.

#6 ·
....No but seriously, your sound stage should be up front.

It's all about how he sound waves travel and how your ears pick up the different frequencies.

Opinion- I don't like the way a front stage sounds

Fact- front stage produces more accurate audio as perceived by the listener in the drivers seat

#12 ·
"surrounded" and "sound mostly from the rear are different things". My fade is at 2 to the rear as well to allow more bass and substance, but ears are designed to better hear what's in front of me.

#13 ·
Sound from the rear is fine with me as long as the seats are rotated 180 degrees.

#15 ·
Unless you're stuck in somebody elses car all day long, why does their sound preference matter? What impact does it have on your life?

#18 ·
Opinion- I don't like the way a front stage sounds

This is not an opinion. Its a fact that he doesn't like it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

#22 · (Edited)
I love how you guys just thread jacked this thread and turned it into an audio discussion . To O.P. , yea there are times when people could word things better ,when it comes to expressing their opinion and or trying to correct a person if their wrong . I am not into the forum thing other then here and I think where good about it here . Once in a while does it get a little spicy but 98% of the time the people talk it out and sometimes explain themselves better do to misunderstanding what the other person was saying. I had that happen. Once in a while you have days where things get at yuh a little more. Try and relax and if after being cool with the other person and trying to explain your opinion and still no dice to see eye to eye , eh screw em . It's just a forum.

#27 ·
I love how you guys just thread jacked this thread and turned it into an audio discussion . To O.P. , yea there are times when people could word things better ,where they can express their opinion and or try and correct a person if their wrong . I am not into the forum thing other then here and I think where good about it here . Once in a while does it get a little spicy but 98% of the time the people talk it out and sometimes explain themselves do to misunderstanding what the other person was saying. I had that happen. Once in a while you have days where things get at yuh a little more. Try and relax and if after being cool with the other person and trying to explain your opinion and still no dice to see eye to eye , eh screw em . It's just a forum.
the English in that post brained my damage

#23 ·
Oh I love bass but I'm not gonna sub this car up.. not now anyway, I'm content. To each their own on what sounds good to them . I love to feel my music but I also like to hear the words . I know some people like it where they don't hear the lyrics. I'm not like that .

#26 ·
Mej82 , so you decided to represent the bloods and crips with your color selection of your cars. Or democrat / republican . Or go for a white one and be patriotic .

#31 ·
guys,

i went to a concert over the weekend. I turned my back to the stage because it sounded better that way.

#32 ·
I think I see what the OP is talking about...

#33 ·
You want flaming... go to club gp. This is the tamest board I have ever been on. Mainly she to the mods staying on top of everything and cleaning up after trolls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.