Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Yet, another personal best in my GXP!!!!

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  danlewis 
#1 ·
It was good seeing some of you there last night. It did suck that the track suffered major down time due to some pos tossing a rod. Anyway, the car ran extremely well!!!! I never thought it would have ran this well. Drove the piss out of it, and the car agreed with it. As you can see by the times, the car is all launch right now, with an "okay" trap speed. My clutch was stinking a lot during each run, which may account for the low mph.

First run:

12.67@111.16 w/ 2.0 60ft

Second run:

12.49@111.96 w/ 1.8 60ft

Third run:

12.31@112.57 w/ 1.8 60ft :driving:

Mods are:

2010 Camaro intake tube
HPT tune by me
275/40/17 Nitto DRs

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! +366 ft DA

#4 ·
congrats! given the same amount of horsepower and a better 60 foot time you will always have a lower top end. nice to have a da close to zero. i hope to be up there on the 24th.

what type of fuel were you using?
care to share your timing table with me or is that of proprietary nature?:)

#7 ·
Nothing special in my timing table actually. The LS3 doesn't need much timing at all. I use 91 octane QT gas. Never had a problem with their gas. Shell is good too.

Next, I'm going to bolt up some headers, a clutch, and slicks. Going to shoot for 11s on just bolt ons. :driving:

#8 ·
if you are talking a true slick for 17 inch rims they really do not exist.

m & h has one. but it is undersized.

hoosier has one. but it is too tall. 28 inches.

the best you can do is the hoosier drag radials which are almost like slicks.

275/40/17

315/35/17 wobbly on the side. but surprisingly fits. because they are so short.

i am going with the 275 40 17s.

#9 ·
sweet runs, keep up the good work

#10 ·
Thanks guys!! Here are my time slips from Friday. My reaction times stayed rather consistent which was good. Im car #158 BTW

The first one was against a bolt on/ pullied ZL1 A6 Camaro. I think he got mad.

This next one was against a 2012 Whippled 5.0L Mustang M6 with bolt ons, and slicks and skinnies. I put up a good fight, but my car is just too stock and heavy. lol

My last run against a 2006 Spice red GTO M6 with a Corsa and CAI I believe.

#12 ·
Impressive runs! Now you give me something to shoot for before I add LTHs.

#14 ·
Thanks guys. The car is definitely strong. Had a run in with a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport on the freeway this past weekend. Let's just say that he is probably still wondering what the heck happened. Ha ha ha.

#15 ·
Sorry but you aren't going to beat a C6 on the highway if he is actually racing and competent. He has an 800lb weight advantage and a huge aero advantage.
Not to mention he is 430hp to your 415hp stock due to better stock exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.