Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Squeaking Brakes In Reverse

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  alex94z 
#1 ·
Im not sure if its another "all g8's do that" or my pads are starting to go. Every morning when I back up from my driveway they squeak pretty loud. From what I can tell it seems to be the rears only but im not positive. As soon as I get to the end of the street (which is not far) and have to stop no more squeaks. Anyone's car do this besides mine? perhaps its just the cold ny weather?

#2 ·
Mine will do just after washing, if it sets for a few days, cold wet weather and set's overnight.

#3 ·
Will they do it if you back your car into its parking spot at night and pull out forward in the morning?

#4 ·
Ill try that today when i get home and see what happens in the morning

#5 ·
Mine do it for a short time before real braking force is demanded. I think it is the Carquest ceramic pads I have on but it really only started since the cold weather.

Mobile via Galaxy S3

#6 ·
Do you set your parking brake at night?

#8 ·
Mine does it most mornings. Worse if its been sitting for a couple days. Hate it but its always done it. Stock pads or my Hawk pads.

#9 ·
mine does this also. Only in the morning when backing out of the driveway.

It did it with the stock pads so i changed them out to Wagner QS pads. That made it go away for a few weeks then it started doing it again.

I do set my parking brake all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.