Pontiac G8 Forum banner

sway bar bushings

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GT Drew 
#1 ·
ok so i heard this clunk sound yesterday as i was driving along so i parked it for the night and took it in to the dealer this morning .. the 3 year 36 is out but they came back and told me the right sway bar bushing is no good its a $140.00 fix i said NO but i dont know where to find bushings for it , the dealer said they would have to order but this car only has 33,900 on it so if i can , id like to upgrade them depending on price .. any suggestions guys?

#2 ·
You just missed the sale that BMR had....I just ordered a sway bar package for mine a few hours ago after they opened up the sale for the rest of today...errr...yesterday...but either BMR or Pedders would get my vote...

#3 ·
#4 ·
I will do the work myself , I THOUGHT it was under warranty but it just expired they said . I was looking for a replacement set either oem or aftermarket I will check it out .

thanks

#5 ·
They're probably considering it as part of the 36k "bumper to bumper" warranty. Which is also what the dealership I bought my car did to me when the ENGINE oil sensor (an ENGINE PART) failed at about 37k. They screwed me over for a few hundred bucks because they claimed an ENGINE part wasn't covered under the powertrain warranty, and I was only about 800-1k miles over the B2B warranty.

#6 ·
If you want OEM rubber bushings, just buy them from the dealers parts department. If you want an upgrade, buy poly bushings from one of our sponsors. Measure the bar so you get the right size. You likely have an 18mm rear bar. I'm installing White Line bushings on my car this weekend.

#7 ·
If u still have the stock sways, order the BMR front sway, which comes with better bushings & brackets. The rear sway doesn't come with upgraded brackets but does come with the better bushings. I ordered them as a package & got a better deal! I installed them myself in a few hours! It's really not rocket science. Just have patience & take ur time! U won't regret spending the money cause your car will react!!

#10 ·
Any input on white line end links ? After taking a look I found that was the problem they run about 65 for both sides

#11 ·
Got whiteline every where on the front end with stock size sways. I like em...front end feels a lil more responsive. So many decent brands out there...pick one and be happy.

Pedders has best instructions/forum for assistance
BMR has great prices, and is a forum sponsor who is always a PM away
Whiteline...great prices, minimal instructions...

#12 ·
You can order Whiteline direct from the US distributor online. You are likely 23mm on your front sway bar. $20.61 for the front pair of bushings.
whiteline suspension parts dot com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.