Alabama Checking In!!

8K views 126 replies 34 participants last post by  OMGWTFBODY 
#1 ·
ANYONE IN THE BIRMINGHAM AREA?:judge:

#4 ·
Bring em to Steele!!! :burnout:

#9 ·
Yep, we're around Birmingville as well.

Steele...took the GTO there (when I had the STS rear mount on it...haven't had it to the strip since the GenTT). Not a very good track...it was quite greasy the day we were there.

#10 ·
I live close to Fort Payne AL.I even bought my car there.I use to love going to steele but the last few times ive been to test n tune i have been really dissapointed,staging lanes are long and just no real managment there,but if we could get a G8 meet there i would come down,it would be good to meet some fellow G8 owners,im the only one up my way that I know of.

#11 ·
I got mine at Devan Lowe also....matter of fact,I'm gonna see if they'll install my new 3.27 diff.
Yea steele sucks...but it beats no track at all. I hope to get my gears in before they shut down.

What color did you get? V8 or 6?

#13 · (Edited)
Yep....that's the one. Had 5 miles on it...at 7 miles,I was bouncing it off the rev limiter around 110. Break 'em in like your gonna drive 'em.

I test drove a panther black one there the day I bought mine. NO!...I did not drive that one hard...only the ones I own....

#14 ·
I had a feeling that was it,you have a sharp ride.In fact when i was shopping I checked it out in the showroom,but my wife wanted a black one,so she got what she wanted lol.When i bought mine they had a panther black gt with the 18 in wheels there,in fact i think they still have it,it had over a 100 miles on it it had a dent in the passenger side fender and looked like it had been rode pretty hard,so i said no thanks and bought my 09 with 15 miles on it it had 7 on it when i test drove it,I paid a little more for the sport and premium package but i love my 19 in wheels i think they really set it off.

#18 · (Edited)
Welcome Jason. I am good friends/business associate with the fella who tuned your car. Glad to see you on here.

EDIT: Nevermind I just noticed this thread is a little old. Well anyways...

#27 ·
Checking in! I live right outside of Birmingham in the Inverness area of Hwy. 280. We should all meet up sometime.

#28 ·
Anyone on the AL coast? Family has a vacation place in Foley (Gulf Shores area) so I head down that way every once in a while

#30 ·
I live down off of 280 on 119. Meadowbrook area. Panther Black fully debadged. I've seen a Maverick Silver GXP at Taco Bell on 280, but that was only once. I don't see you guys driving around the Bham area much. Of course I only take my car out on the weekends mostly though. I bought mine in Trussville.

#33 ·
I'm in the Millbrook area north of Montgomery..we meet up with the Birmingham F-body guys all the time. Let me know if you all want to meet up, we should do a cruise soon! Saw a Mustang cruise saturday around the Hueytown area near Bessemer this past saturday. WE need to do that too!

#35 ·
Checking in too! I just bought my '09 white hot GT this past Sunday brand new. Loving this car. My wife and I live in Homewood, which is a suburb of downtown Bham.

Car will remain bone stock save for some tinted windows probably for close to another year.....not because I don't want to mod it.....because the funds simply won't be there to mod it until then. Baby due any day now and wife will be out of work.

#36 ·
Hey;

If anyone has seen a Styrker Blue G8 doing cutting through traffic thats probably me. If the plate said "G8FTW" it was definately me :D

I know there are two G8 Gts that park across the street from me near the airport in Birmingham (Phoenix..?) Either of y'all here?

#40 ·
There's someone in Homewood that drives an ignition orange '08 G8 GT with tinted windows and the 19's (premium package) and that car is SO beautiful. I wish they had made that color in '09 because I would have gotten it instead of white. I see him at least once a week when I'm out and about.

Wonder if he's on here........

#43 ·
Bumping an older thread...Anyone around Bham still? Just got a Maverick Silver GT last week.

#44 ·
Bumping an older thread...Anyone around Bham still? Just got a Maverick Silver GT last week.
I'm still here, just don't get on the forums much. I live in Pelham and work in Homewood.......

Congrats on the purchase, hope you're enjoying it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.