Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Which Magnaflow is this?

982 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Silver Bullet 
#1 ·
Just bought this car. I was a bit mislead that this had Borla in it but whatever. I'm thinking Catback Magnaflow right?

See less See more
#2 ·
:/ am I looking at stock? Lol.

#4 ·
Sorry cell pics aren't the best. It's my understanding that between the two or so types of magnaflow available (cat/axel) the muffler/tips will look the same no?

Thanks for the help.

#5 ·
Also the previous owner did tell the dealership it was a Borla. Is there a possibility they mixed pieces parts from two brands?

#7 · (Edited)
I think there are three magnaflow catbacks for our cars, 2 systems with 2.5" and 3" diameter tubing options.
Yours looks like one of the 2.5" setups since it has quad tips. The difference between th two is the "street series includes a mid muffler and the other one does not.

#8 ·
Yep perfect thanks!

#9 ·
Looks like the Magnaflow 16795 catback. Not a bad system but it does drone on some cars.

#10 ·
Yep the drone is pretty bad when the AFM kicks in at about 65-70 mph. Guess I'm going to have to avoid the freeway and disable that!

I'm having difficulty finding anyones actual gains on this system. What would typically be expected 5-10hp? if that lol?

#15 ·
Yep the drone is pretty bad when the AFM kicks in at about 65-70 mph. Guess I'm going to have to avoid the freeway and disable that!

I'm having difficulty finding anyones actual gains on this system. What would typically be expected 5-10hp? if that lol?
You might already know this, but if you put you car into manual mode it prevents AFM from engaging.

#12 ·
I guess theres a chance some other parts are aftermarket. What am I looking for?

#14 ·
Oh that should be fun to see. Love how low these sit lol.

#16 ·
Yep. Does it disable in sports mode as well? Cant recall. I guess on he freeway manual mode isnt too annoying so that's something ill have to consider.

#17 ·
If it is magnaflow it should say so somewhere on the muffler (mine does) or on the X pipe/connection pipe (mine does)

I don't think drone is so bad w/ the magnaflow....I have since turned AFM off after adding headers tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.