Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Highest Mileage G8

46K views 200 replies 94 participants last post by  captjoe 
#1 ·
I think I've got it:

Just hit 200k! Check engine light came on. Yesterday!

See less See more
#73 ·
It seems like once you work out a few bugs (that is, if your car has them), these then go on to a long life of service, if thats what you want out of them. I didnt intend to drive mine as a daily runner, but I find more and more I am driving it , mostly because it is just so damn much fun.

#81 ·
@Wright, I think you will have a mileage record for years, just as the "Doc" has the most number of posts years after being banned.

#84 ·
Makes me feel better about taking out a 5 year loan on my g8 gt with 71k. I got it for 17k so I took the chance since it was such a good deal. Im averaging 30k a year lately so I also wanted a car I wanted to be in

#97 ·
You're taking this to 300k awesomeness pretty fast @wright :D

#91 ·
FTW --- along with the mileage log comes the "maintenance log" --- anything break or wear out lately?

Still on stock suspension?

Still stock engine -- no mods?

Tires? Brakes? Gas pedal wear out yet? LOL

Man... you sure get your moneys worth out of your cars... but trade in value when/if that time comes will be in the 1-2k range I would think (at 850k on the odo)

--zep

#92 ·
Nothing new. Original stock suspension, stock engine. Original battery! Just put I think my 5th set of tires on. Delta rotalla's. I know, sacrilege.

One thing I need to have checked out is my outlets, they both stopped working. Check engine light is on, a mechanic said with a tune up that will go away.

#94 ·
Mostly hwy driving. A few country roads, nothing too rough. I am hearing a light popping noise seemingly from passenger front wheel at hwy speeds, haven't had it checked out yet. My strut bushings are completely annihilated by this board's standards, but a mechanic drove it and said it rides fine so don't replace.

#95 ·
My strut bushings are completely annihilated by this board's standards
LOL

I'm very close to hitting 100,000 and this thread gives me hope that I'll be able to get 200,000 out of this car.

#96 ·
Wow Congrats to all of you 100K & 200K + guys out there. I only have 36090 miles. LOL.

#103 ·
I love it! 250K+. I'm not surprised your not having any issues. The more you drive a car the better it seems to run. As long as you keep up with your maintenance you should be good to go for a while. My only question is how are the squeaks and rattles in the interior?

#104 · (Edited)
@WRIGHT . thats very impressive. i agree with all you have said . my '09 has 100k. how many miles between your oil changes ? i do it myself at 3k . i think this might seem a bit anal to some , but if i get 200k , it would have been well worth it . i have coolant replaced at 25k . trans filter/fluid at 25k . rear diff at 15k , myself

#106 ·
So all you who fear racking up the miles, drive it! I drive 40k a year and enjoy the car. Sure i could have got a honda, but i wanted a car i could drive and be happy. The g8 sure does the trick!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.