Pontiac G8 Forum banner

This twin turbo monster will be the end of me!

9K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  Rillo71 
#1 · (Edited)
So when I got my car I was in love hell I still am. I loved catching people of guard who slept on the hidden goodies, but last year my engine blew because of my boost controller dying and my motor not liking 20+lbs of boost. Over the last year I had been slowly and carefully rebuilding the car the way I wanted it. It started out with picking the engine the guys at CMS set me up with a forged stock displacement LS3 with a 9.5ish CR, little more power from the motor but could handle more boost. Then we made the turbo exhaust side a little bigger during the rebuilding, next changed the boost controller to the center cubby mounted Eboost2 setup, sent the 3200 stall to be dialed in again at Circle D, popped in some Gforce racing axles and BMR Bushings. Every time I looked up I was trying to make this thing even more insane. So as I come to the end of this build I have just a short list of things to do.

Mechanical
- Tune the car
Take it to the track and get into the 9s.:driving:

Cosmetics
- GXP front bumper
- Bathhurst stripe kit (Silver)
- ZL1 replica wheels
- HDPE radiator cover (making this also, borrowed idea from the other forum.)

Help me out guys is there any other weak points I didnt get to or any other suggestions that could help make this car a little better? Ask any questions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a look at the FIC injectors, they look great out of the box, no tool marks or anything I could see that would worry me and I cant wait to put the dyno sheet up next.

Attachments

#4 ·
That's way beyond where my know-how ends but where would you say the stock engine HP max is at from your experience? Also what went when you over-boosted (what cylinder(s) and what part?

Good luck with the build.

#5 ·
I have a Circle D trans in the car so thats good. The engine held 13psi pretty good, but normally I kept it at 7-9psi. When it went, piston number 3 detonated and the rest of the pistons tapped the valves.

#6 ·
Didn't see anything mentioned about oil or trans cooler?

#7 ·
trans and oil coolers were already installed temps never even crept into bad areas.

#9 ·
I'm interested about the Wavetrac also. I like and hate our limited slip.

#10 ·
Its a GXP 3.27 rear but the camaro ones are stronger as well. The gear ratio is what I want and to pick up a little more time in the 1/4 mile. The wavetrac is a beast, cant wait to put it in.

#11 ·
So you think with all those horses, you're still going to want smaller gears?

#12 ·
She'll be a beast on E85 dude, have fun with it, you have some local gas stations in SD that sell it, Pearson Fuels. Ask your tuner to use 10.65 as the start stoich point in your tune if you pump E85 from them, all Pearson Fuel gas stations that sell E85 have more or less the same amount of ethanol in it (i've pumped from the SD gas stations, and one close to Santa Monica where i work). starting at 10.65 stoich in the calibration, should put her right on, or super close from where she needs to be running this E85 brand.

Have fun.

#13 ·
Yeah I was running E85 in 2010 when I was in Virginia, at least in San Diego the military bases have E85 and Pearson is less than 5 minutes away from me. The 3.27 is where I want to go since the wavetrac can only fit the g8 rears that 2.92 is just too short on 1st and 5th isn't getting all it could.

#14 ·
I thought I was going to read some terrible news about a build. Good to see this is not the case.

#18 ·
Stock intank pump feeding 2 gallon surge tank with three staged Walbro 392 pumps. -10an feed line / -6an return line. Fuel lab regulator and new 127lb injectors on Areomotive rails.

Sounds like a cool build!!! Hope it runs a number!

But 720/680 and only a 10.8? Whats wrong with it? Kinda sounds like an unoptimized setup or lack of traction.
Yeah this was originally Parish's build, but I had to upgrade it the tune got tweeked and all the areas I wanted to clean up as far as traction and running are now different. Hopefully the new set up drops the time by at least .5 to .7.

CircleD 3200 stall Pro III 245mm triple disk converter.

#20 ·
3.27 rear on its way, injectors at the shop, wavetrac in the dining room. This week should be interesting....

#22 ·
Car should be done Monday says Ryne the tuner! :driving:

#25 · (Edited)
#26 ·
Oh yeah forgot about e85... stuff gets crap for mileage, haha. Not that anyone cares, its cheaper then race fuel for sure! Wish we had it more available, only one station around here though.

PS- Link isnt working.

#27 ·
Link fixed! We have about 4 stations in my area and all along where I live so no problems there. It isn't that bad I got about 21.5 highway and I have an DD so now worries here.

#28 ·
Hope to see you running 9s with me.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.