Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone from Minnesota Pt. 3

52K views 984 replies 38 participants last post by  Agose25 
#1 ·
Another thread??? Dang...

Anyway... I emailed them about the Firehawk

#891 ·
I have it, so does Knox, and GTP... this is all I know of for MN people. Ask away.

OR check out his thread on the "other" board by going to to Google, and searching for "Ported" intake gains on the flow bench...." Should be the first thread that shows up... GREAT info in that thread, but ask here also if you have questions or just PM Rick (G8-4-Speed) as well. Great guy.

#893 ·
He came highly recommended by others on the other board. And after watching their 1/4 mile times drop and Ricks great customer service it was an easy choice. Very happy with my results. I don't care about dyno numbers as its not a very good power indicator as they can be skewed. I think 1/4 is the best test. The heads were ported and milled .030". I wanted to do head work from the get go because they had to come off anyway for the cam. Another good person to ask is Knoxville or Brian (GTP6****) can't remember Brians full username. Hes 2 pages back.

Brian and Brandon can you guys chime in?

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App

#894 ·
I agree with everything said about Rick thus far, the guy is great and knows his stuff. I feel that a ported intake manifold or throttle body should be one of the last performance mods on a car. I feel they help a cammed car the best because of added valve duration the engine can make more powah with the extra air flowing in.

Anything you do through Rick will be great. I had him tune my car, and it turned into a monster. So excited to hit the track next year to run 11's because of Rick taking my car to the next level.

#895 ·
Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I went with Rick as he has proven track results. And I could get the tb, intake, and heads for less than the other companies heads only. With that, and his tuning abilities, his customers have some pretty fast cars. I have been thru a couple cams, and have done the work myself. I highly recommend it as the learning is a lot of fun.

#903 ·
Ok...scrap it. Sounds like a riot though. Been looking for more cubes.

#905 ·
yeahhh. nothing thats really standing out to me though. My DSL modem died last night, this is the 2nd time two different brands. But dont see anything for a DSL modem sale. Typical. Now I probably have to go to Worst Buy.

#914 ·
I want a set, but would have to sell the VMRs first. I do like my car how it stands now though, so probably won't do that. (Unless I win the 500mil powerball tomorrow)

Man I haven't been on here in like 2 months. I may or may not be trying to sell my car this summer. There are 2 cars I would be trying to get if I sold the G8. I have tossed the idea around in my head the last few weeks. I dont think I can make my car much faster at this point without buying a new motor or trans. One car would be the GTR and I wont say the other at this point. How much do you think I could sell my car for?
I've seen them all over from 18K to 25K, just depends on how long you hold out.

I'll give you $50.00 and a hug for the car. The value is way down since your gay ass drove it...
x2, lol

After seeing the post bout the intake mod going up in price after the first of the year got me thinking i need to talk the wife into it. If that should happen are there any other mods that would be smart or easy to do since i have to take the intake off?
You could port the TB since you have it off, but not much to gain there from what I have read.

#907 ·
Man I haven't been on here in like 2 months. I may or may not be trying to sell my car this summer. There are 2 cars I would be trying to get if I sold the G8. I have tossed the idea around in my head the last few weeks. I dont think I can make my car much faster at this point without buying a new motor or trans. One car would be the GTR and I wont say the other at this point. How much do you think I could sell my car for?

#918 ·
What are your current mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.