Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Twin Turbo build by Next Level Performance..

53K views 373 replies 76 participants last post by  STAGEUP 
#1 ·
I am starting this thread after discussing it at length with Geoff Skorupa from Next Level Performance. I have known Geoff now for about a year and we even hail from the same hometown, Chicago. I do not know many tuners in the business, but I know people in general and Geoff is as good as they get.

Goeff has convinced me that he is fully committed to finish a TT setup for the G8. In fact, I will be giving him Gianna for a full two or three months this fall for the fab and setup process.

Initial design will be using cast iron manifolds instead of stock and I will be collaborating with Geoff during the design process to take plenty of photos and answer as many questions as I can.

This thread is to continue to update those interested in a TT setup for the G8. If you have any questions at all, feel free to post them or to send me a PM. I humbly ask that you use this thread for constructive criticism and discussion only. :pir_flag:

#4 · (Edited)
I know for a fact it will NOT be a rear mounted set up. It will be in the engine bay. I will definitely have more to offer once Gianna is in Geoff's hands being fitted.

Edit: Yes, Geoff is local his business is about 5 minutes away from my home.

#7 ·
For the first part of this build no motor work will be done, ie forged rotating assembly. The stock LS3 motor and rotating assembly will be used per my knowledge. I do not have ideas of boost levels yet, but I will talk to Geoff as the questions come in to get ideas of where the project is heading.

Ultimately a forged motor will be required for higher hp numbers, above 700hp at the flywheel, but I believe we are going to focus on a lower goal for now.

#9 ·
I am starting this thread after discussing it at length with Geoff Skorupa from Next Level Performance. I have known Geoff now for about a year and we even hail from the same hometown, Chicago. I do not know many tuners in the business, but I know people in general and Geoff is as good as they get.

Goeff has convinced me that he is fully committed to finish a TT setup for the G8. In fact, I will be giving him Gianna for a full two or three months this fall for the fab and setup process.

Initial design will be using cast iron manifolds instead of stock and I will be collaborating with Geoff during the design process to take plenty of photos and answer as many questions as I can.

This thread is to continue to update those interested in a TT setup for the G8. If you have any questions at all, feel free to post them or to send me a PM. I humbly ask that you use this thread for constructive criticism and discussion only. :pir_flag:
Aren't the stock exhaust manifolds cast iron?

#16 ·
sub'd

#17 · (Edited)
Update!

I spoke with Geoff today a bit more about what he has in mind for this TT build. To answer a previous question, yes the stock manifolds are cast iron (CI), but Goeff is using a better flowing design that will keep velocities up to help spool the turbos and provide better flow overall.

The goal with this build and the stock engine and driveline is roughly 500 to 550 whp on an A6 and about 600 whp with the M6.

Geoff is making this build upgradeable depending on the additional modifications each individual is willing to do, ie. forged rotating assembly, 9" differential, transmission upgrades, etc.

For the actual turbo, Geoff is looking at the Precision ball-bearing turbo assembly. He is using the ball-bearing desgin instead of the bronzed sleeve style bearing because it will allow the turbo to spool more quickly and provide increased longevity.

The exact boost levels are not known at this time for obvious reasons, but Geoff did mention that boost will not exceed 10psi because we are using the car's stock configuration.

That is all I have for now. I see we have some additional people subscribed. Please keep the questions and interest coming. HAve a great July 4th holiday everyone! :judge:

Oh yeah, one last item for you guys to chew on. A video of a 914 whp TT vette that Geoff built. Enjoy! :pir_flag:

#19 ·
Update!

I spoke with Geoff today a bit more about what he has in mind for this TT build. To answer a previous question, yes the stock manifolds are cast iron (CI), but Goeff is using a better flowing design that will keep velocities up to help spool the turbos and provide better flow overall.

The goal with this kit and the stock engine and driveline is roughly 500 to 550 whp on an A6 and about 600 whp with the M6.

Geoff is making this kit upgradeable depending on the additional modifications each individual is willing to do, ie. forged rotating assembly, 9" differential, transmission upgrades, etc.

For the actual turbo kit, Geoff is looking at the Precision ball-bearing turbo assembly. He is using the ball-bearing desgin instead of the bronzed sleeve style bearing because it will allow the turbo to spool more quickly and provide increased longevity.

The exact boost levels are not known at this time for obvious reasons, but Geoff did mention that boost will not exceed 10psi because we are using the car's stock configuration.

That is all I have for now. I see we have some additional people subscribed. Please keep the questions and interest coming. HAve a great July 4th holiday everyone! :judge:

Oh yeah, one last item for you guys to chew on. A video of a 914 whp TT vette that Geoff built. Enjoy! :pir_flag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnqOw-tuS1s
Sweet I look forward to the build... please post pics of his progress if you can:)

#20 ·
Sorry for not posting a reply sooner. Pics will definitely be posted when the fab and setup process starts. that should be September/October time frame. Until then, I won't have much to show.

#25 ·
I should have more info tomorrow. I am talking to Geoff now about when to bring him Gianna. We were originally talking the first week of September. I need to find out if that is still the plan or if he will need some additional time to finish up current projects.

I don't know what Geoff's plans are to market this yet. I am sure that once we get into the fab & setup process that information will be discussed and subsequently posted.

I am really glad to see additional interest in the build and this thread. Keep 'em coming as this project is moving forward.

#28 ·
Quick update everyone. Spoke to Geoff today and the turbos are arriving next week. I should be able to get a photo or two of the turbos and the manifolds. Still working on timing with Geoff on when to drop Gianna off with him. Mid September seems like that is what is going to work.

Stay tuned, no pun intended, as we continue with this build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.