Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New PB : stock gears/stall, all motor

5K views 90 replies 18 participants last post by  dctg8 
#1 · (Edited)
2 passes in so far today. Both 12.1 @ 117. 73 deg right now and I'm spinning hard on 1-2 shift. Still treating tires in between runs.

More times to come throughout the evening. Once the sun sets might drop some more off of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

UPDATE:

Best run 12.14 @ 118.48, it stayed pretty consistent with that. Got the extra 1 mph when the sun went down. Video Added! Fly-By vids still to come...

See less See more
1 4
#29 ·
Good runs. Wish I could have been there today. Was thinking high 11's pretty close. Bet drag radials will get you there.

#32 ·
#33 ·
Nice traction on street tires wow! What did you use on them?

#35 ·
I needed cooler air today, but I up'd my game with an 11.79!!!!!! Im in doug's sound barrier again lmao!!!

#43 ·
wow thats really good...keep it up Troy..thats terrific for a head / cam 4000lb car.

#44 ·
Just saw this Troy; awesome time!

Getting close Dustin!

#45 ·
Just saw this Troy; awesome time!

Getting close Dustin!
Actually ran a gt500 who run super close to your times Doug. He was running 11.4s at 125ish. that would have been a great race for you I think.

#47 ·
Nope, gt500 was running 295 invo's lol. He was full bolt-ons, smaller pulley, tune, and blah blah blah. He wouldn't really talk to me much, but he friends did cause they thought when I first pulled up I was Doug lol. His friend was like "Are you that fast S/C one that runs here?!" I told him now I wasn't me, they wrote me off then. Made my first pass, which was an 11.8 and drove back through up to the staging lanes. And all I heard after that was "Holy s***!!! That was his car?!?!" Then they decided to come be nice and chat lol.

#49 ·
Those mustang guys.....jeez.

They are in for a rude awakening if they roll up on a white hot G8 in the area. No telling who they might get, the trio can hold its own between me, you, and Doug!

Now if i could just find one of those BABY SH|T GREEN ones to beat up on id be in business. JK :driving: love talking smack to mustang guys.

#55 ·
Dude your timeslips are damn near identical to mine. We essentially have the same type of mods but yet our setups are very different at the same time. It is amazing how there are so many ways to make a car fast with the proper tuner and combo of parts that work perfectly together. Don't mind my MPH in the 1/4 as the track I was at reads really low for some reason...

#57 ·
80ft maybe

#60 ·
You guys out there in NC are ripping it up. I wish the Cali contingent was as active.

#63 ·
Very nice Troy, what are you cam specs ? that trapping speed is awesome. I agree with Yeti, you won't see many G8's running at the track around here, much less now that we don't have a 1/4 mile track to race. Every other Mustang, Mopar, Camaros and my G8 :) are at Irwindale almost very Thursday, but is only 1/8 mile, half of the fun, but awesome when you're able to measure your car against others similar modded.

By March/April i'm expecting my car to be cammed, so in the meantime, i can only be jealous of you guys setups and track times. Hopefully our 1/4 mile track would be open by then as well.

Have fun, btw, if you want some very good tires for your car, without going through a DR setup, try the Nittos NT05's, the Z06 vette crowd in our local 1/8 mile track swear by them, they can launch, and corner very well according to their conversations.

#64 ·
Cam is COMP Custom Grind 223/231 .610/.617 112+0

Got the NT05r's sitting in the garage with GTO front runners (damn I love craigslist). She will go 11's my next pass on the track, I know she has it in her. Right now shooting for the first Saturday after Christmas!

#71 ·
Cam is COMP Custom Grind 223/231 .610/.617 112+0

Got the NT05r's sitting in the garage with GTO front runners (damn I love craigslist). She will go 11's my next pass on the track, I know she has it in her. Right now shooting for the first Saturday after Christmas!

I'll try to be there that sat. See if I can hit 11.4s or even 11.3s if i get some weight off the car ;)

#65 ·
Damn troy you are not playing! With my big brembo setup I couldn't fit something like that up front. Hell I am going to be breaking bread on a drag setup.

#66 ·
Awesome, that should put you in the 11's, i have the GTO drag pack as well, GTO rears with Toyo DR's, and GTO spares wheels with the stock donut tires. I've only used the spares once, but didn't like the feeling when i was trying to stop the car at the end of our 1/8 mile track, Ran them at 40 PSI, so perhaps that's why they're feeling loose while breaking, i'll be buying a pair of M&H front runner tires, install them in the GTO spare wheels and call it a day. I want to run in the 7's before i do the cam, mostly cause i don't have the dove now, so i've set to get in the 7's first :)

Btw, is that FZ8 in the pic ?

#67 ·
Awesome, that should put you in the 11's, i have the GTO drag pack as well, GTO rears with Toyo DR's, and GTO spares wheels with the stock donut tires. I've only used the spares once, but didn't like the feeling when i was trying to stop the car at the end of our 1/8 mile track, Ran them at 40 PSI, so perhaps that's why they're feeling loose while breaking, i'll be buying a pair of M&H front runner tires and call it a day. I want to run in the 7's before i do the cam, mostly cause i don't have the dove now, so i've set to get in the 7's first :)

Btw, is that FZ8 in the pic ?
^R6

Should I balance the skinnies? I hadn't thought about them making the car squirley .

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#70 ·
Lol, in that case, you shouldn't have any problems, they would hold up, they hold more weight than a regular street tire, but i think you have to pump them up in order for them to do that. I'm not really sure, i asked several times from the guys who run them in here, and never got an answer on how much PSI is good for them, so i'll just get the real front runners for piece of mind. The wheels themselves won't have any issues.

Here is a view of what i did to make them "Tech" friendly, i didn't know if they were going to allow me to use this combo with all the Temporal usage, Spare only, etc, etc labels and tags in the wheels and tires.

"I did a little bit more grinding today because i was obssesed with the temp only use lettering, and removed those messages from the tires as well as the one that said convenient spare and the T before the 145/70/17 , i need to see if i can smooth out the finish in the rubber, but oh well, it's done, i also put some primer on the wheels first to make sure the temp only use letters were gone (english and french words), left the rest untouched "

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

after this i painted the wheels with primer and black gloss to match the stock color, and also painted the GTO rears as well so i have a matching drag pack :), came out pretty good.

#72 ·
I got some gto spares aswell Troy. We shall see if these will get me closer to the cam on record!!!!

#73 ·
Good deal man. We will get up after the holidays and make some runs. In the meantime Me and Rick are working on getting a full 2.5"-4" exhaust installed, I'm thinking I'm highly restricted with hacked stock mid section. Hoping for at least another 10-15 ponies. I hate knowing I have power left on the table...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.