#1 ·
#98 ·
Order Status = SHIPPED OMG OMG OMG!!!

#100 ·
got it done, that was EASY! thanks!

#104 ·
#103 ·
OMG I LOVE MY VIM!!!

but, Don't you EVER... NEVER EVER EVER EVER send the programmer back using USPS. IT will break and you will be out $200.

sorry for the guys waiting for it :(

#105 ·
I don't get it. There are so many things being mentioned here as to how to do this, that it's confusing. Can someone please tell me how you get on this list to wait on the programmer, and what it costs? Just put the precise link and what the actual cost is. I have two G8s that are eagerly awaiting, and will sign up ASAP.

#106 ·
pm'ed

#112 ·
Just placed my order on your site, Chris. Thanks.

Now I just have to figure out this cable stuff. I want to go from the rear aux to micro HDMI. A link that would help me accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

#113 ·
Finally got the cables made and all hooked up. Works like a champ in park, then disappears after hitting 3 mph, as expected. Can't wait to get the programmer now. Thanks to djuniah for helping me figure it out. This board is awesome for DIY info!

Attachments

#110 ·
So what are we waiting on. How want to do this?

Sent from my Inspire using Autoguide.com
are you kidding me?

go to his website

2008-2009.5 G8 Input While Moving (IWM/VIM) Programming
Price: $99.99

Ask a question about this product

Our input while moving programming allows your stock G8 headunit to utilize the rear auxiliary input (located on the right side of the radio housing) without the stock programming interrupting the feed as it normally would. This allows the stock headunit to double as a navigation unit or whatever else you would like to feed it. This type of programming is also called Video In Motion" or "VIM" commonly as well.

This is a ship in service for your stock radio (which is very easy to remove) in which we reprogram the unit and ship it back to you. No setup (or anything else) is necessary after the programming just plug it in and go.

We have also added new features such as radio startup logo changes as well as background display color changes as well. Please select those options accordingly.

PLEASE NOTE:THIS SERVICE IS FOR THE RADIO MODULE NOT THE FACEPLATE! YOU ONLY NEED TO SHIP THE RADIO MODULE NOW UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING XM RETROFIT PROGRAMMING ON A 2008 RADIO.

WAMS is now also proud to offer our new remote programmer rental, this allows end users or a group of users to program their G8 with a simple plug and play interface that programs the radio in the vehicle. The rental fee is $50 (for programming and setup) plus a $200 refundable deposit.

PLEASE NOTE: The Remote Loader System is now available for both IWM programming as well as color changes and logo changes!

#114 ·
This would allow you to aux your gps (video & sound) from your phone correct?

#115 ·
Correct

#117 ·
I have an iPhone 5 with the Digital AV, HDMI connector. Can some provide me the info I need to make the Connectors I will need to make this work? Thank you.

If I am right I will first need to make or buy the connector for the back of the unit, and then I will also need a HDMI to component converter of some kind. Of course i will then need to get the teh waiting list for the VIM cable. I just want to see the Audio and Video working before I commit to joining the list.

#125 ·
I already have mine from Tyco , I thought about building another set that had different ends.

You just remove the glove box and side panel. Pretty quick too.

#128 ·
I am not sure about IPhone, I have a droid. The pic shows the hdmi to audio video cable from Overstock for $11 shipped. I needed a mhl since my phone does not have mini hdmi $8 it came with power USB cable to to attach to cigarette lighter for power to mhl . The panel mount female jacks from eBay $5.
Cable to attach the parts you get from Tyco for free to the back of the stereo on one end and the other end has male audio video jacks. That you can look for on Craiglist maybe or eBay. I am getting mine mailed to me from a fellow board member, don't know the cost.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#138 ·
The wait time is fairly short right now too. I ordered on 2/11 and it arrived on 2/28. Install is extremely easy.

#143 ·
Process for any Android device is nearly identical, and maybe even easier. Steps in my case:

- Fabricate rear aux cables (self)
- VIM flash module (WAMS)
- HDMI to RCA converter (amazon)
- Power for converter supplied by USB outlet (my converter only needs 5V)
- HDMI to micro HDMI cable

#145 ·
Something's definitely not right with that. I ordered the stuff from Tyco last month and received it within a week. They even sent a tracking number when they shipped.

This thread explains the DIY pretty well, and there are several others. I have access to dozens of those computer USB connectors, so I'm thinking about putting some more cables together.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54539&highlight=

#146 ·
I tried making the cables myself but I mucked em up and it took forever to get the parts so I just bought some pre-made from someone either on this site or the "other" one.

Loving my video, just need to figure out how to get video output from my droid and working on a touchscreen application as well. All that has to wait though because car fund is a little low... had a 3 month wait to get my VIM and working on another month for the deposit.

#147 ·
I got my parts from tyco today, ordered them last week. I had to buy a minimum of 40 pins, so I got enough of the other parts to make 8 sets ;) just need to find some rca cables. I want to get some female ones to eliminate the need for the adapter for 2 male ends (giggity). Once I get it going ill get the vim done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.