Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Help me decide what rims look good on White G8

7K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Daniel Linnett 
#1 ·
Hey all, I got my G8 about a month ago, and was wondering what everyone here thinks are good looking wheels on a white G8. If you have pics that would be awesome and would help me fore a unique decision for myself and anyone else who is wondering the same question. Thanks

#4 ·
White is the easiest to color match, goes with just about anything. It all comes down to what you like.

I too wish VMR had higher offsets on the 20" wheels, for better fitment. I prefer 18", but for those who like/want 20, that would be nice.

20x10 +48 will pobably rub. You want something more along the lines of +56 to avoid rubbing.

#5 ·
I have the 19" Sports power coated in a darker gray color.

#11 ·
My opinion: black wheels are never, ever acceptable, and the stock GT sport wheels are incredibly ugly on this car. Your opinion may vary.

My contribution, my summer wheels, 18" OZ Superturismos: http://www.sosdan.com/dang8ozwheels.jpg

#13 ·
18's look so small on the G8 to me.
I think 18"s and 19"s look the best, but my main reason for going down from the GT Sport 19"s to OZ 18"s was ride quality and tire availability/price.

I use MSW by OZ (type 34 I think) 17" wheels with Blizzak WS70s currently for my winters. I don't have a picture at the moment. 17" brought SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper winter tires than 18/19" (the tires AND WHEELS were almost the same price as larger winter tires!) and also provides more protection from curb rash. I hate the WS70's, though, especially in 17" on this car. Sidewalls so wobbly. I hate driving on the highway with them. Never again. Performance winter tires for me next time I want winter tires.

I still have the stock GT Sport wheels too... 3 sets of wheels, gonna have to get rid of at least one set soon...

#15 ·
I just noticed that my rear tires are bald so i will be getting new rims/tires ASAP so i am interested in seeing your powerpoint :)

#20 ·
For me, I like the black 710 VMR on the white G8. I went with 19" because of the limited offsets with the 20". Love my wheels and tires. Good luck!

#26 ·
Here's my opinion.
Go with silver if you plan on making sure all accessories are painted white. I think the silver looks better with your current setup.

Go with black if you pick out a maverick man hood and/or pick out an upgraded bumper.

#27 ·
I agree that VMRs look great on a WH!!!

#28 ·
^^^ wow nick. Your car still looks great with those wheels. Not to mention the lowered stance.

My opinion is go with silver or polished. The black just fades away in the wheel opening and blends with the tire. Takes away from the wheels and the overall look. Spending that much money on something to look good, should be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#29 ·
Yeah polished or gunmetal is the way I'm leaning when I do mine.
My mustang had chrome wheels on it years ago and it looked ok, always helped the car look clean...but I got tired of it. I put some white 18 inch saleen wheels because it kinda fits the the styling of the car and I dont think I'd do it on any other car. So now I think polished or something with a slight contrast, but not black will look best.

#30 ·
Midnight silver camaro 20s. I have some if you want them.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.