Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New PB : stock gears/stall, all motor

5K views 90 replies 18 participants last post by  dctg8 
#1 · (Edited)
2 passes in so far today. Both 12.1 @ 117. 73 deg right now and I'm spinning hard on 1-2 shift. Still treating tires in between runs.

More times to come throughout the evening. Once the sun sets might drop some more off of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

UPDATE:

Best run 12.14 @ 118.48, it stayed pretty consistent with that. Got the extra 1 mph when the sun went down. Video Added! Fly-By vids still to come...

See less See more
1 4
#5 ·
Nice runs! Even more impressive if that's on street tires.

#8 ·
Damn!!!! Awesome! I need your cam I think lol.

#9 ·
What's ur 60' Troy?

#11 ·
O ok, how bad u spinning taking off?

#12 ·
Outstanding ET for that 60'. Would love to see a few time slips when you can.

#16 ·
What's the DA there?

#77 ·
450ish DA

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Where do you find your DA info? I always end up using Drag times and have had good luck with it. Looks like the DA around your best pass was 15DA( i am jealous of you east coast guys with the awesome DA and Tracks staying open most all the year)

#78 ·
I hear you! I would love to get a run with temps in the 40-50s. We have a track out here that stays open in the winter, but they don't prep it at all so it is super dangerous. You end up aborting a 1/4 of your runs out of fear of spinning out. You have to roll into it real smooth, and lift just a tad in second when it gets loose. It is what it is though. I just wish they would stop messing around with the mpg measure ment. One week it will read one thing, then the next week it will read 2mph slower lol

#79 ·
I hear you! I would love to get a run with temps in the 40-50s. We have a track out here that stays open in the winter, but they don't prep it at all so it is super dangerous. You end up aborting a 1/4 of your runs out of fear of spinning out. You have to roll into it real smooth, and lift just a tad in second when it gets loose. It is what it is though. I just wish they would stop messing around with the mpg measure ment. One week it will read one thing, then the next week it will read 2mph slower lol
Yea some tracks measure MPH different that's for sure.
For example last year when my G8 was just the blower no cam or anything i went to a outlaw 1/8th mile track and trapped 102 in the 1/8th, one week later i went to a 1/4 track where the mph was timed different and trapped 96 in the 1/8th.

MPH all depends on placement of sensors/wiring/Different timing companies.

NHRA tracks are supposed to use the 66 foot measuring rule.

#18 ·
You give me hope for an 11.5-11.7 tomorrow troy! :)

#19 ·
We would be really close I think Troy! Of course you would be running me down on the other end pretty bad!

#20 ·
Well, since my old 11.9s, I have switched to a cam slightly bigger than Troy's and also went with a 4" ls7 maf setup. So my trap speed should be higher than my old runs and pull a lot harder up top at the track! I'll find out tomorrow since I couldn't make today with Troy.

#23 ·
You would be catching me so hard at the end! Lol!! U need some drag radials and some 3.27's!! Great times tho!! We would be close but u better believe I wouldn't try u without my drag radials! U have any videos??

#25 ·
Ok cool!! Yeah I'm gonna try and get Rick to look at some stuff for me when I come next weekend!

#27 ·
I got chewed out for being an hour late, im sure any later would have been exponentially worse! aahhhhhh the spoils of being married two weeks.

We will catch a cool sunday before too long. Im hoping to have some better tires for the next time. I think it has another .15 in it with a 0 or negative DA

#28 ·
Troy did u say u were gonna be gone next weekend...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.