Pontiac G8 Forum banner

spotted in central Austin area

47K views 868 replies 39 participants last post by  thirteenthcor 
#1 ·
Spotted a MGM GXP yesterday at Slaughter and Manchaca, It was rather dirty though. So that makes a total of about 5 GXP's in this area that I have seen. I will say Austin seems to be a popular place for G8's.

#8 ·
Round Rock; salt lick bbq beef ribs, worth the drive from Dallas!

#20 ·
All within a week, I have seen a red, a silver, and a black GT in my area... TW45/130 and Kelly Lane. A black GT is now starting to visit the new 24hr Fitness by the Target/Home Depot.

#23 ·
Saw a black G8 on 685 @ Rowe Ln. Way too many in the area...thought I was spechul... guess I will have to go put a blower on it to be a little different :)

#37 ·
I spotted a PBM with blacked out molding and grille at Short Stop, on the corner of Manchaca and Brodie. Also was debugged including the pontiac symbol. I see this one all the time.
That would be me! :) But I think you mean the Short Stop at Manchaca and William Cannon since Manchaca and Brodie don't intersect. I live out past Slaughter on Frate Barker Lane. Do you guys wave at other G8 owners when you see them? Something I do, but I came from the Vette crowd and it was something that was always talked about. Seems like I always catch people off guard when they see the wave.

#33 ·
well, i dont have any extras right now, such
as cai, or headers, so i figured this would
give me a little tranny tuning ability, and be
able to turn dod off, until i get a few more
things. we need to get 2gether sometime, i
wanna check out your ride, and ask a few
questions...

#34 ·
That's the beauty of the tuning that my buddy does. You pay him once and can come back as often as you want to make changes as your car progresses. He uses HP Tuners so TCM tune and turning DOD off is a snap. Just something to think about for the future.

#36 ·
got the cortex in today. updated it
on the web and flashed the g8 with
the 87 tune & shifts on 25%. runs
pretty dang good! nice, albiet small,
seat of the pants improvement. plan
on testing it out a little more over the
wknd. overall, happy with a $237
purchase..

#42 ·
getting gas this morning at the heb quick stop on the
corner of gattis school and red bud, and saw a dark
red g8 with the stock badging on it as well as the
holden v8 badging. looked a little heavy,but to each
his own.

also spotted this.....in my driveway saturday. my buddy
that works over @ hennessey bought an 09 cts-v. um,
that thing is effin nasty!

#43 ·
getting gas this morning at the heb quick stop on the
corner of gattis school and red bud, and saw a dark
red g8 with the stock badging on it as well as the
holden v8 badging. looked a little heavy,but to each
his own.

also spotted this.....in my driveway saturday. my buddy
that works over @ hennessey bought an 09 cts-v. um,
that thing is effin nasty!

I drool over CTS V's. Wish i could afford one :(

I think Ive seen a that big ass dog running down my street with a smallish woman. She turned from Adelfa onto winding way (sp)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.