Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Cadillac ATS Brembos on G8? Will it work?

28K views 108 replies 48 participants last post by  inov8rPPV 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the brembos on a Cadillac ATS will work on the G8? I think the rotor size is the same as the GT so all you would need is the calipers and pads. Might be a good way to get the looks and a little bit more performance without dropping a tone of cash on a CTS-v or Camaro set up

#28 ·
this seems like a nice option for people who want to keep stock wheels, if everything works out and bolts up correctly.

one thing I will say on the 04-07 cts-v calipers: remember the 04-07 cts-v calipers are not much more price wise. also the 14" camaro rotors are like $30 plus shipping for a pair from slp. also remember the ats is a much lighter car, around 3400lbs if I recall. also the 04-07 cts-v pistons are much larger then the new ats 4 piston. also a 12.6" is rather small to disperse heat compaired to a 14" or larger rotor, when your talking a 4000lb car, now I know these are the same size as our stock rotors, but our stock brakes are not as strong and fade resistant as the brembos, I hope the limited fade, wouldn't overheat stock rotors.

#29 ·
Got a link for those rotors?

#30 ·
Don't buy the ATS calipers from ebay. The calipers should have a crossover tube and the ones on ebay must have been damaged and removed. GM does not sell this tube seperate so you would be SOL.
Plus I've seen those calipers new for $127 each.
22760030 & 22760031

-Greg

Edit: The ATS calipers use the larger 14mm bolt just like the Camaro so the older CTS-V calipers are a better option still so you don't need to drill the knuckles.

#32 ·
As soon as they roll in the door. ;)

I'm currenlty judging that off of the GM parts catalog so you are correct I could be mistaken.

#34 ·
No Cross Over Tube on ATS Brembo

I think your right, I never saw a cross over tube on the XTS or ATS. I believe that they are internal and are capped with a setscrew on the bottom if you look closely. Make sure you use G8 GT rotors, because I think ATS rotors are 5x115. But exactly same size front rotors, just drill out knucles and keep your stock wheels.

Hope someone tries this, already bought camaro rotors for cts brembos.

Attachments

#35 ·
wow 5x115 what an odd size

#37 ·
I just got the pair in.
Yes Monaro was corect. There isn't a crossover tube. The holes are pluged with screw in plugs.

I'll do more checking on them later and maybe even try to mount them on a GT very soon ;)

#38 ·
Those three "?" have to match between ATS and G8 for brakes to work/fit.
First one on the left sometimes can be solved with a spacer washer. The second one in the middle is essential to have the same rotor diameter. And the third one is essential for it even to bolt on.

Attachments

#39 ·
rotor diameter between the G8 and ATS seem to be pretty close. Does that suggest if they do mount up that the brake pads could be used as is unlike the HSV rotors that require partial cutting of the pads?

#41 ·
I'd be VERY interested in this if these will work on my stock 18" wheels and my winter 17" setup...

#42 ·
OK
I compared the ATS to the '07 V caliper.
The ATS face is about 1/4" shorter so this will give more wheel spoke room but not much.
Bolt spacing seems the same, but I'll check later when I get home.

#45 ·
If the face is ~1/4" shorter than the V calipers, we may be able to get by with a 5mm spacer to clear the stock 19" wheels and avoid changing studs. I just wonder if they require drilling out the the bolt holes like the Camaro Brembos do.

I don't track my car so the size doesn't matter as much to me as the feel. My 2012 Ford Focus brakes shouldn't feel better than my G8 brakes.

Edit: Oops. Just saw an earlier posting where Greg says that the mounting holes will have to be drilled out.

#46 ·
I'm working on it ;)

Oh linking not working for me so no pics for you.

#48 ·
So is this using the stock GT rotors or ATS rotors? Good option for "better looking" brakes. Won't be much help on a track compared to the much larger V Brembos. This needs to go in the sticky thread. Thanks for doing the leg work MONARO. I never get time to check fitment on stuff anymore.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

#55 ·
From what I have researched, for ATS Brembos use the same size rotors as Stock size GT rotors (ATS rotors won't work because they are 5x115), ATS calipers 22760030 & 22760031 about $130 to $108 each look to Pace {NOTE you will have to drill out your knuckles the to 14mm same as Camaro brembos}, its been difficult to find ceramic pads for these yet. But don't know if they will truely clear stock 18" without spacers.

#51 ·
Do the ATS calipers use the same pads and pin as the other 4 piston Brembo calipers?

#58 ·
IIRC, the factory 19's have less clearance than the factory 18's unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.