Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Alchol injection installed

5K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  TCorzett 
#1 ·
hey guys

thought id tell you bout my newest mod

its a progressive alky injection kit made by Cartuning performance

i dynoed 392 whp a 15 whp increase no headers stock cats with electric dumps, runs really good you cant even tell its there.. right now im running the blue juice(50/50 windshield washer fluid) on the real stuff i probably would have made maybe 5whp more

extremely happy with the install

and i think its safe to say im now the highest dynoing g8 with no headers hahahahaha fingers crossed

thanks to Kevin @ Cartuning

next mod is moving the cats back after the dumps 400whp here i come

peace out
Jordan

#3 ·
I'm confused... WHAT DID YOU DO?

#4 ·
He added methanol/alcohol kit.

Wonder how much timing you have. What size nozzle?

Should keep the combustion chamber happy.

Don't see it too much in NA apps but does help.

#6 ·
Nice I've also thought about this. I'm curious on how much timing you're running? Are you going to be hosed if you run out on a road trip?

#7 ·
Nice part about tuning for 50/50 mix Silverado is that you are never going to run out lol. When will you not be able to find 50/50 washer fluid(methonal) while driving anywhere :)

I loved my Meth injection on my Turbo Prix....Def helps kill any KR at WOT even N/A. It also eliminates the need for catch can setups :p

#8 ·
Any idea on the Timing you can run with the 50/50 on your NA setup?

#9 ·
#12 ·
lol exactly what I was thinking

#10 ·
to answer your questions...

kevin M at cartuning tuned it

i run 27 degrees of timing at 12.7-13.0 afr the system is maf based and turns on at around 6500-7500hz

why do this?... why not! if i had headers and hiflow cats i would have gained at least 20 thats pretty good for windshield washer fluid

its actually set up for N/A and it works great its a M5 nozzle that goes from a fine mist to full M5 mist at wot

highest dynoing no header car? i think so!!

#15 ·
to answer your questions...

kevin M at cartuning tuned it

i run 27 degrees of timing at 12.7-13.0 afr the system is maf based and turns on at around 6500-7500hz

why do this?... why not! if i had headers and hiflow cats i would have gained at least 20 thats pretty good for windshield washer fluid

its actually set up for N/A and it works great its a M5 nozzle that goes from a fine mist to full M5 mist at wot

highest dynoing no header car? i think so!!
I didn't even know you could do that ... lol awesome

#13 ·
Pretty sure the the most i have seen with windsheild washer fluid is like a 30/70 mix. The only way to get a true 50/50 is to mix it your self or buy boost juice and even then I think it's more like a 49/51 mix just to stay on the safe side.

#14 ·
I'd personally be leery of using washer fluid due to a higher amount of detergents and whatnot, there can be a tendency to wash too much oil off your cylinder walls. Hard to beat the price of the stuff, especially when you work at a place with an unlimited free supply...

#16 ·
How often are you going through a tank? I'm sure it varies on how heavy your foot is though.

#18 ·
It was tried in Baton rouge with a camaro, I think they decided it wasn't worth it (picked up 5 or 10 rwhp on a 7.0 built LS block) I really think it depends on your octane level on how much you pick up

#19 ·
havent depleted a tank yet.. but ill let you guys know as soon as my window washer tank is beeping at me. did i mention we tapped the windshield washer fluid tank?

today theres still rain and wet conditions but as soon as its dry ill floor it and let you guys know how fast she really is lol

all cars are different i happened to gain 15 whp which is super awesome

did an oil change today car is running great!!!! i love amsoil 10w/40

Jordan

#20 ·
im Running 94 octane btw.. plus the alky so somewhere in the 100's

#22 ·
LOL

whatever windshield washer fluid is... thats what i am running

#23 ·
its a Meth Injection kit

#24 ·
So how much does a setup like this run? Seems like the controller is fairly in depth?

Shaun

#25 ·
These kits are not complex at all and can be piece together yourself for quite cheap actually. I paid $250 for my first kit I believe, and you can make them yourself cheaper. I purchased a CT Methanol kit back in 2007 and since then have made several of my own for various vehicles.

All the jokers out there making comments like 'seems legit' obviously have never had a high HP build with meth inject or even understand the concept of adding methanol to an engine. N/A or Boosted it has many benefits. On my intercooled turbo grand prix it allowed me to go from 17psi to over 20psi knock free. This equates to huge hp gains.

#27 ·

All the jokers out there making comments like 'seems legit' obviously have never had a high HP build with meth inject or even understand the concept of adding methanol to an engine. N/A or Boosted it has many benefits. On my intercooled turbo grand prix it allowed me to go from 17psi to over 20psi knock free. This equates to huge hp gains.
My "seems legit" comment was based on what the hell do you do with the rest of the **** in the fluid. Like water, detergents, so on. Dunno bout you but i wouldnt want to shoot **** n span in my engine, especially for only 20hp. But thats just me. Straight meth is one thing, but if i wanted to sell you 50/50 gas mix you wouldnt buy it....or maybe you would.

#28 ·
Sorry man, I didn't mean it in a rude way or anything. Just seemed like some of the comments there were poking fun at running meth injection as if it was senseless when in fact it really isn't from personal experience. I can see what you mean though.

I do know though, atleast here in Canada, we have several 50/50 fluids that are 50 meth/50 water with no detergents added. I'm pretty sure the blue stuff Jordan is speaking of is one of those as well.

It's very easy to acquire the stuff out here without even mixing 50/50 with distilled water on your own. I really do like running it though. I have ripped apart a few meth injected engines and I'd eat the intake before many women I have met :boink:

Kyle

#29 ·
Wasnt knocking meth, living 2 miles from the Las Vegas Speedway/Drag strip ive sat in the stands and watched the "Meth cloud" come attack my face when the pro cars take off. Chokes the hell out of you. Most of the stuff down here thought has hella detergents in it to clean the crap we have on our windshields. still though, i'd be worried about all that water, ive had a couple run ins with bad gas when i lived in the south and it seeped into the gas storage tanks at the station. not pretty.

#30 ·
Ok

So first i wanna say kyle knows what hes talkin about.. I had canadas highest dynoing 04 gp at 581whp and ran blue windshield washer fluid all the time id go through a bjug a week

Weve also taken apart that same engine several times with no hint of any damage or water in the gas tank car always ran mint at 29 psi lol

Its good stuff man everyone should try it at least once lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.