Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New PB.

2K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Todasi 
#1 · (Edited)
Went out with my bros to one of our local tracks. Historically I don't run very fast there but with DAs around -1000ft I said it was worth a shot to test out the new street tires and new tune to data log.

They wouldnt let us run for two hours until the track temps hit 50 degrees.

I did 4 hot lapped passes in 38min. Never shut the car down in between passes.

Tire pressure was at 35psi
60fts were 1.87-1.90 with 285/30-20 Hankook V12s. Amazing considering the sidewall on my tires is like two inches haha

After data logging my new tune I tried to load up my previous Pat G tune that was a MAF only tune as I had ran my previous PB's on that, but I couldn't get it to load with out an error. So I don't know if the car would have gone faster as my newest tune the fuel trims were rich. I honestly didn't want to beat the car up anymore as I new that I just wasn't going to touch anything lower than 12.1 at that track today so I called it quits. I have a track day setup for the road course on the Feb 10th so I need to save my tires.

I was happy with my times as my previous best at that track with the same setup was 12.48@112

In this first vid I was actually the first one of the day to make a pass. I was lined up against a little civic so I gave him a head start. I new I had to light up the tires to warm them up a tad. Probably had the smokiest burnout I've ever down. Hell the tires kept smoking well after I stopped. I though I was going to black out the sun:drink: I had a helluva time fighting traction after the 1-2 shift, and then my next shift just got wierd as I spinned a tad and banged the limiter. I just let off at that point...

Next pass was clean. Damn I love how my exhaust sounds.:)

See less See more
2 2
#4 · (Edited)
My gopro is mounted right under the driver tail light. That way It doesn't pick up any wind noise but gets all the sweet exhaust note.

In this pic you can see the camera under my passenger tail light...

Great angle for roll racing too...

Very nice! Car is looking as sweet as ever. WH G8's are definitely putting up the fight for fastest color!
We may not make it to fastest color, but we just might get most consistently fast color haha

I just peeped your 1/4 mile time in your sig. That is one heluva stock time. At the track I was at there were two stock auto 5.0s and neither broke 12.95 today. One had drag radials. As a matter of fact I have never scene a stock 5.0 regardless of manual or automatic ever run faster than a 12.9 at any track I have been at. Congrats to you on that one!

#5 ·
That's awesome Ike!!! I need to get this house business and wedding took care of and get back to competing!!! Just don't know when it will be! Ha I think right now we would be an awesome race except for the fact of my 60' ha

#7 ·
My car is a beast from a roll. It is not setup for the 1/4 mile. But if we were doing a roll from 45mph I like my chances:wink2:

That syclone looked slow! lol

Good run man!
He ran the 13.8 in one of my posted slips haha

#6 ·
That syclone looked slow! lol

Good run man!

#8 ·
Nice! I like the sound too!

#9 ·
Good runs, sounds good!. I think it runs very good for only a .500 lift cam. I would have never of guessed. It surprised me. The thing about a low-lift cam is it makes good power thru the middle of the rpm so it pulls good at the shifts which is what you need with a heavy car. That is why your et is so good but the mph is a tad lower compared to Troys. Once you get that drag-pack and stall it will be whole new animal....

#11 ·
Troy's car is out of this world. I am really happy with where my car stands considering all the things it has going against it. Small cam, big rims, street tires, stock stall, and she moves out very nicely with fully functional dod. Between you and Pat I have had some great help and advise.
's
Your second run was spot on, brilliant! I'm sure not many drivers want to line up against that monster, do you get many takers?
No one runs me anymore. The more mods I get, the less takers.

#12 ·
Great runs! I bet your car loved that DA too. Car does indeed sound mean!

#13 ·
Congrats Yeti, she keeps going faster. I can only wish for a 1/4 mile track around, damn it, wtf is going on in Socal now days, one 1/8 mile track is all we have in like 250 miles range. This weekend was simply awesome temps and humidity wise, but the track is not open until the 17th. dang it.

#16 ·
You may have to make a trip up here to get some rims in. I will let you crash in the guest room Haha...

Awesome runs Yeti. Love the sound as well. Maybe one day I'll be able to keep up with you guys. If only I knew where to find that money tree!
when you find the money tree toss me a few branches!

Great runs Yeti and congrats on the PB. Sounds like traction was in short supply... great air though.

You just need to find someone that wants to use you for a benchmark :rolleyes:

-Todd...
Going down the track was interesting to say the least.

Speaking of benchmarks, I am ready to run em again Todd!

#18 ·
Are you sure your car is on a stock stall???

Haha killer run, your car is sick!!

#20 ·
*cough*12.33*cough*:)

Once I get that stall in I'm hoping to distance myself and from you and your magical mustang aka the pegasus for a long time.

#21 ·
Nicely done! Congrats!

#23 ·
You could call it "Scrotum" if u want balls Morris! Haha.....I'm trying tho for real.....

#25 ·
Still LOL at this one, that would be funny as hell.

I like how you think though so keep up trying I may just do some thing like that.

Sort of like "Got Milk" I would just need a plate that said GOT on top of it as if the plate was a challenge for others. Or that you need a sack to drive this POS.

Just have to make sure Ike doesn't put one of his rainbow stickers on there.

#24 ·
White lightning........Armageddon......Rambo! Ha three from my delirious mind!! Ha

#29 ·
Damn man you got a quick car. DR's on that 2nd run maybe in the 11's

I bet you will crack an 11.99

#31 ·
Wow Ike awesome time! Big congrats on the runs, I could only wish to hit those times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.