Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Know it all tech's WTF !!!

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  jackalope 
#1 ·
Me: The lug nut covers pull straight off, they don't spin off like others.
Know it all tech: Sir, I know my job, I've been doing this for some time.
Me: This isn't a typical Pontiac...
Know it all tech: sir please...
Me: ok...

Annnnd here are the results...

See less See more
#17 ·
I normally do this. I have a good tire shop aobut a mile from my office and its very easy to drop my wheels/new tires off at lunch and have them done by the time im off work. Plus I can torque my lug nuts the proper way instead of having some monkey slam them on with an impact gun.

#20 ·
Lord, I hope he put 8 qts in and not the usual 5 that "an experienced" tech of his caliber is used to doing....

#13 ·
What's funny is that all my previous Pontiacs had pull off caps.

#14 ·
I would have twisted his "nut covers" off.

#18 ·
I don't let people work on my car (or my anything) if they're not willing to do things exactly as I tell them. As soon as someone tells me, "Sir, I know my job," I would tell them to give me back my keys and send a manager over. Even if he'd been right, that is NOT something you say to a customer.

#19 ·
When I traded my '06 GTO to the local Chevrolet dealership they had to replace the worn out tires before they could put it back on the lot.

Around the 13th lugnet the tech realized he was doing it wrong.... hahaha.(GTO's have similar covers) I laughed b/c it was no longer my car and those bitches are expensive to replace.

#21 ·
One more reason to change the cheapo caps out for real lug nuts... My brother has had those cheap ass caps mangled by tire shops on several GM vehicles.

#23 ·
There are many choices for chrome lug nuts to replace the ugly stock nuts and cheapo looking caps. I installed a set of McGards when doing the first rotation on the car.

#24 ·
I've had them tell me the G8 only takes 5 qts of oil where did I ever come up with this 9 qt non-sence. Only to have them put in 5 then check the dip stick to find nothing on it and then went to 6 and check and then 7 and check and then 8 and check and when he put the 9th in he looks at me and says "well I'll be it does take 9qts" I just shook my head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.