G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee - Page 5 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Racing > Kill Section

Kill Section “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.”

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #81
willys srt8

LOL.
You have to admit the amount of publicity that controversy brings to the forums, is a good thing.

07 Super Bee #726
small crate eng, Zoomers, AFE stg II, CMR tune by Dyno Tuned Performance (DTP) (413hp/425tq 12.850@108.39 DA 1872 before tune/swap)

Originally Posted by eng943 - "Nobody has to like the brand X stuff, but let's at least try to deal in facts when talking about them."

Last edited by willys srt8; 01-31-2013 at 04:39 PM.
willys srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #82
The Yeti
'Mod'erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
LOL.
You have to admit the amount of publicity that controversy brings to the forums, is a good thing.
I agree with you there Willy.

Also this thread has gone way off topic and reading the last couple pages you wouldn't even know what the OP intended to share in this thread. So with that I would like to ask that we respect the OP and leave any comments we have going forward geared towards the OP's topic.

Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C Intake & TB, 4IN LS7 MAF, Ported stock Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
VCM CAI, OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&Rs, Koni Shocks
BP catch can, BMR Susp/bush/chasis, Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27 Gears, Zex Wet Shot

Bolt ons Street tires
12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
12.16@114.21 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
11.68@123.19 60ft 1.95 DA 200ft
second gear pull
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #83
AuggieDosta
IdontRe Member

What were we talking about?
#1,693 of 1,829 and #29 of 35 as optioned (1 of 56 SBM's)

'01 Chevy Silverado LT (4x4) 6" IFS lift, 35" tires
AuggieDosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #84
768MPH

Default G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuggieDosta View Post
What were we talking about?
How myself and a SRT-8 had a friendly challenge and I was the victor, I believe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2014 Mustang GT- Track Pack
Little of this, Little of that...

2009 G8 GT- sold
768MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #85
WiscoG8

Default Re: G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 768MPH View Post
How myself and a SRT-8 had a friendly challenge and I was the victor, I believe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You sure? I'm pretty sure its not lol

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3
Solo Mach
Pedders Street II GSR kit
Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
Milled Heads
Ported Intake
Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
After:430/404
WiscoG8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #86
The Yeti
'Mod'erator

I've run a gazzilion SRT8s and I am not surprised at all about the beat down you gave a stock one from that speed. They just aren't good roll racers from the MPH. A diablo tuned one would have been a little more interesting from a different speed.

Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C Intake & TB, 4IN LS7 MAF, Ported stock Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
VCM CAI, OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&Rs, Koni Shocks
BP catch can, BMR Susp/bush/chasis, Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27 Gears, Zex Wet Shot

Bolt ons Street tires
12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
12.16@114.21 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
11.68@123.19 60ft 1.95 DA 200ft
second gear pull
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #87
Deuuuce

I see nothing has changed over the years.

CLEARLY with that jump the SRT-8 wasn't holding a gear. Not say he would win, but definitely not even worth a comparsion. Driver kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonf4$ View Post
Heavier car + inferior tranny pretty much balances out the power advantage
I laugh every time you post this. 1st stock vs. stock timeslips prove differently.

Second, Yeti is better now, but had numerous issues with the proper timing and sequence of the shifter/trans when roll racing.

Third, at the track despite the more aggressive gear ratios for the G8, redlining at 103mph in third immediately gives the gearing advantage back to the SRT-8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonf4$ View Post
gotta add - these "super bee" edition mopar cars are definitely an acquired taste...I mean I'm sure they appeal to 13 year old boys but I'm all set driving around a big blazing yellow truck w/ stripes and bees on it (same goes for the charger) - no offense to anyone who has one, but they make me laugh and puke at the same time.

It is tough to argue it doesn't make a certain statement about the driver...I mean you're ASKING to make a statement w/ a ride like that...
We do agree on the color schemes, decals, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
I don't think so...Our cars out class yours in every category there is. Certainly including looks where the Mopar fails miserably except for their reincarnation of the Challenger. The Charger is a freaking joke with a truck front end. I'd run my 09 against any lame Mopar on a road course and dust it appropiately. We don't need no stupid decals or outrageous paint to know our cars are fast, and can corner as well. The G8 exudes class compared to Mopars "boy racer look". Oh...and lets not mention that Italy owns 20% of your company and will own the whole thing within a decade. Yes I do know that the Dart II is an Alfa Romeo design. Hopefully it will save your lame duck company. Just watch some Australian V8 racing...Which I don't see Mopar jumping into the ring just yet...Might be a handling problem.
That is quite the fanboy statement. "Out class how?" You mean vs. the 6.1 and it's greater selection of options, Brembo brakes front and rear, SRT Track Experience, etc? Or the 6.4 which is still still in production, under warranty and refined even more than the 6.1? And at least they were made in the western hemisphere with vastly more domestic content. Keep in mind the 300C is the same car. The charger isn't the prettiest, but by far the most aggressively styled sedan on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmf View Post
I raced a 392 charger and wasn't impressed. It had about 2 car lengths on me by 120. The charger owner paid 49k..I felt sorry for him!
Why? He has a likely fully loaded luxury sport sedan, bone stock, refined lots of warranty left, excellent interior and telemetry, and he beat you. Do you feel more sorry for $80-$100k MB/BMW owners?

Quote:
In closing... Lets talk money shall we. Mr. Smiths car, though impressive has at least four times the money I spent on my car, probably more. Your car also. The Viper... Really... The new Vette will kill it. G8 suspension was also developed at the Nurburging. You belittle the GT although most people who have driven both cars can hardly notice the difference between the suspension nor the engine. End of story.
The Viper had production car records at the 'Ring & Laguna Seca until the latest gen. ZR1 inched past it at LS due to similar sticky tires.

SRT has offered the track experience for years, the G8 GT/GXP has no significant advantage whatsoever.

Making blanket statements about Mopar, when the Charger has been described as, "The basic test numbers were impressive, but the Charger's agility on the Grattan road circuit was truly revelatory" running .1 second behind a deep 12 second CLS55.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roada...bdb0c97508.pdf

Quote:
Once again, at twice the price.
What is? The Viper? Or a used vs. a new car? Let's compare apples to apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
I've run a gazzilion SRT8s and I am not surprised at all about the beat down you gave a stock one from that speed. They just aren't good roll racers from the MPH. A diablo tuned one would have been a little more interesting from a different speed.
Agreed Ike, 50mph is a tad low but not horrible.

An immediate 2-3 CL walk (more like a yank!) like that indicates the downshift still had to occur. And if the driver doesn't know to do that, is ESP even disabled too?
Silver SRT-8 413whp/432wtq 12.71 @ 111mph (sold)
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
60 – 130mph Replaces the Quarter Mile, Lower Those Lifted Trucks!, The End of the Horsepower Race
all at: Examiner.com
Deuuuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #88
Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
That is quite the fanboy statement. "Out class how?" You mean vs. the 6.1 and it's greater selection of options, Brembo brakes front and rear, SRT Track Experience, etc? Or the 6.4 which is still still in production, under warranty and refined even more than the 6.1? And at least they were made in the western hemisphere with vastly more domestic content. Keep in mind the 300C is the same car. The charger isn't the prettiest, but by far the most aggressively styled sedan on the road.

The Viper had production car records at the 'Ring & Laguna Seca until the latest gen. ZR1 inched past it at LS due to similar sticky tires.

SRT has offered the track experience for years, the G8 GT/GXP has no significant advantage whatsoever.

What is? The Viper? Or a used vs. a new car? Let's compare apples to apples.

An immediate 2-3 CL walk (more like a yank!) like that indicates the downshift still had to occur. And if the driver doesn't know to do that, is ESP even disabled too?

I see nothing but "fanboy" statements in your entire post. Why did you sell yours anyway ? The G8 Is made in Australia, but with GM backing and design help. The new SS will be more advanced. "Four door Corvette sounds pretty good to me. On the other hand your new parent company Fiat has invested billions of dollars just to bring Chryslers production methods up to snuff. Charger aggessively styled... They borrowed the front end off their trucks !
The Vipers you speak of. All oneoffs, that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to build. Just so they can say they own those records. Lets see them pull one off the showroom floor and pull those numbers. Apples to apples... Right. Why did they pull out of ALMS. Gee, was it because they were getting their butts kicked.
Track experience... If you don't know how to drive. Then you should not be buying one of those cars. What a joke.
As for the last quote. That guy must not attended or did not get the gist of the "track experience".
Now with 62.8 % of the company stock. Fiat has accomplished in 2 years, in what I thought would take them 10. They OWN Chrysler ! The new Alfa designed Dart is the best looking car Chrysler makes. It'll be sweet when you guys are driving Fiat Chargers, Fiat Challengers, etc. etc. SRT's will be Abarths. Will you guys still buy them when the Dodge / Chrysler name is history ?
Sorry for the jack OP.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #89
Crazy_8

Please end the agony...
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 AM   #90
WiscoG8

Quote:
I see nothing but "fanboy" statements in your entire post. Why did you sell yours anyway ? The G8 Is made in Australia, but with GM backing and design help. The new SS will be more advanced. "Four door Corvette sounds pretty good to me. On the other hand your new parent company Fiat has invested billions of dollars just to bring Chryslers production methods up to snuff. Charger aggessively styled... They borrowed the front end off their trucks !
The Vipers you speak of. All oneoffs, that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to build. Just so they can say they own those records. Lets see them pull one off the showroom floor and pull those numbers. Apples to apples... Right. Why did they pull out of ALMS. Gee, was it because they were getting their butts kicked.
Track experience... If you don't know how to drive. Then you should not be buying one of those cars. What a joke.
As for the last quote. That guy must not attended or did not get the gist of the "track experience".
Now with 62.8 % of the company stock. Fiat has accomplished in 2 years, in what I thought would take them 10. They OWN Chrysler ! The new Alfa designed Dart is the best looking car Chrysler makes. It'll be sweet when you guys are driving Fiat Chargers, Fiat Challengers, etc. etc. SRT's will be Abarths. Will you guys still buy them when the Dodge / Chrysler name is history ?
Sorry for the jack OP.
If you were sorry you would have opened your own thread elsewhere for it, not continued to be abrasive to everyone. But instead you reopened a thread that wasn't active for almost two weeks.. To what "prove" your point with research easily attained and copied via the inter web. I agree with above post close this obnoxious thread.

Op nice kill I'm glad for you. Keep it comin

sent from a nuke plant somewhere..
Solo Mach
Milled Heads
Ported Intake
Ported Throttle Body

Old 02-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #91
Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoG8 View Post
If you were sorry you would have opened your own thread elsewhere for it, not continued to be abrasive to everyone. But instead you reopened a thread that wasn't active for almost two weeks.. To what "prove" your point with research easily attained and copied via the inter web. I agree with above post close this obnoxious thread.

Op nice kill I'm glad for you. Keep it comin

sent from a nuke plant somewhere..
Abrasive to everyone ??? Not seeing it. Maybe the previous poster. But he came at me first. Thread not active for two weeks. There is only so much ego stroking you can do in a thread like this, its played out. So why not debate a little. Yeah, I read the Fiat stuff on the web and in some magazines and I want EVERYONE to know about it. On the other hand, you and other G8 owners including the OP should be ashamed of yourselves for letting these Mopar and Ford guys come in here and trash our cars and not saying anything in return. Pathetic !
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #92
Silver Bullet
Super Moderator

I haven't noticed any of the Ford or Mopar guys trash our cars. Most of the Ford guys I see on here previously owned G8s.

Mods: 4 Pistons Brembos, OBX Headers to Maxflows, Spectre CAI, Rick C Intake, HSRK, LS7 Maf and tuned by Pat G.
In The Garage: Yank 2800 stall, Eibachs, SLP UDP
10.59 at 100.31 in the 1000.....8.33 at 88.13 in the 1/8....1.99 60 ft

Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #93
Crazy_8

Quote:
Abrasive to everyone ??? Not seeing it. Maybe the previous poster. But he came at me first. Thread not active for two weeks. There is only so much ego stroking you can do in a thread like this, its played out. So why not debate a little. Yeah, I read the Fiat stuff on the web and in some magazines and I want EVERYONE to know about it. On the other hand, you and other G8 owners including the OP should be ashamed of yourselves for letting these Mopar and Ford guys come in here and trash our cars and not saying anything in return. Pathetic !
Is Don back? DRCustomParts? Lol
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #94
Agose25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_8 View Post
^ Lol! Maybe

Transporter, at this point I need to ask you to cease and desist. You have over stayed your welcome in this thread and it's time for you to move on to other pastures. Consider this your warning. Thx!

Agose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #95
Boss Hogg

SRT8s are fast! When I raced my buddy's Charger SRT8 a few years ago, I had to keep my TPS above 80% to stay even with him at full throttle.
2013 GMC Acadia (Wife Mobile)
2012 Polaris RZR 570 (Zombie Killer)
Boss Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #96
Deuuuce

Quote:
Why did you sell yours anyway ? The G8 Is made in Australia, but with GM backing and design help. The new SS will be more advanced. "Four door Corvette sounds pretty good to me. On the other hand your new parent company Fiat has invested billions of dollars just to bring Chryslers production methods up to snuff. Charger aggessively styled... They borrowed the front end off their trucks !
Sorry for the jack OP.
Sold why? 76k miles on the odometer, 80 mile commute, too thirsty, too big.

Chrysler needed production methods brought up to "snuff"? Interesting news to me. Where was it lacking? My '06 interior was of extremely high quality, long lasting and the design was only lacking.

TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY FALSE about the Vipers. Furman ran an 11.0 @ 130mph in his stock ACR. Go look up Motor Trend for THEIR times. Did you make that up or was that a Vette forum conspiracy theory?

ALMS somehow proves a point? Like the Vette needing a 427 years before production to compete? It goes both ways. Vipers were too restricted by the SCCA for T1 and did just fine in Speed GT/World Challenge. Tommy Archer and a since-deceased racer privateer beat the factory cars at times.

Knocking a Track Experience package? That won't win you any debates at all. If they weren't capable, it wouldn't be offered.

I'll buy whatever car suits my needs and desires. I already have for decades, and will continue to do so.

If you want to do a cost analysis of where ALL the money goes to a 5% domestic content car, US owned vs. a 90% domestic content, foreign owned company, that includes ALL the suppliers, go right ahead, it doesn't change a thing. Did the 458 suddenly become the Fiat 458? I don't think so.
Silver SRT-8 413whp/432wtq 12.71 @ 111mph (sold)
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
60 – 130mph Replaces the Quarter Mile, Lower Those Lifted Trucks!, The End of the Horsepower Race
all at: Examiner.com
Deuuuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #97
jackswhitegxp
Capital City G8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_8 View Post
That's too damn funny! I had Dr CP flashes too...
2009.5 GXP, A6, Sunroof, Whitehot w/Onyx, SOLO Mach Shorty, Rotofab CAI, BP catch can, matte black VMR 710 w/Conti DW 255/40/19/8.5/+35 front & 285/35/19/9.5/+50 rear, BMR full ploy bushing kit, BMR non-adjustable toe rods & trailing arms, Monroe GT struts/shocks, H&R springs, '09 CTS-V front brakes, Debadged except for Arrowheads
jackswhitegxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #98
WiscoG8

Quote:
you and other G8 owners including the OP should be ashamed of yourselves for letting these Mopar and Ford guys come in here and trash our cars and not saying anything in return. Pathetic !
Hmm if your referring to the srt4 thread it was a big joke, as for the ford fans.. well its apples to oranges. If I lose to a 5.0 coyote oh well its a two door sports car, if they lose they lost to a full size sedan. Ashamed, lol of what? My beautiful car that everyday I get compliments on from all different car enthusiasts? I think not.

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3
Solo Mach
Milled Heads
Ported Intake
Ported Throttle Body

Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #99
Transporter

So... Now I get trashed but cannot respond. Nice... See you guys got the thread back on track. Have fun.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #100
atek

good kill OP. this outcome is not surprise in any way.
12.8@109 1.960ft <--Pre dyno
330rwhp/341tq (first pull on dyno)
current 340/350 After tuning on the Dyno
================
2001 Trans am-Sold
2009 Nissan 370z-Sold
atek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement