Weather tech fitment? - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Appearance / Detailing

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
JASCIN

The WeatherTech mats I have fit very good - no sliding around etc. They've been in two G8's (my previous 2009 GT and now the GXP) and fit both perfectly. My wife's Equinox has a set also and they fit great as well.
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #22
SeeD65
Senior Member Mike

The biggest issue that I have with my Weathertech matt is my driver side mat.

There is is a small gap between the trim and the left side of the mat. I think this is caused because when I get out of my car, I use my right foot to push myself out and then the left side of the mat gets "pushed" out from the trim a bit thus causing the gap. I tried to rectify the situation by placing velcro strips along the left side of the mat and and long the corresponding plastic door opening trim. It lasts awhile but then over time and heat/cold cycles the adhesive wears and then the the velcoro pulls off the mat and then we are back to square one. (I even tried superglue!) The fit of the passgenger side mat is wonderful, mostly because no one hardly sits on the side.

If anyone has some better ideas I am open to try them out.

Mods - Roto-Fab Intake, BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars, BMR RTAs, BMR Steering Rack Bushing, BMR Rear Cradle Bushing Inserts, and Cortex Tune. Summer set-up - 18x9.5 TSWs - Cooper 275/40/18 RS3-S, squared, LS3 Cam, Kooks Mids....and others.
SeeD65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
gary123

best mat out there.the cheap mats iv'e tried from auto part stores last about a year before they start cracking.
gary123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #24
copilot757

I guess I don't understand this. How can there be such a difference in the fit in the G8??? Some guys are saying that they fit perfect, some say that they slide. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and they are sliding every time that I get out of the car. The retention "dome" on the mat is too big for the one on the carpet. You have a 1 inch "dome" trying to fit on a 1/2" "bump" on the carpet. So they want to send me Velcro. And I read that someone says that it doesn't even stick. All you really need is some kind of rubber "washer" to fit over the carpet "bump" that would allow the mat to fit secure. I am trying to find something that will work. Quality is great but definitely not happy with the fit.

SOLO Axle-backs/Roto Fab CAI/Tinted 35%
Superchips Cortex Tune(91Octane)
DMH E-cutouts / VG Sharkfin Antenna/Holden badged
MGP Caliper Covers / GXP Diffuser/ LED Tails
Advanti Racing (Black Powder Coated) Wheels
255/35/20 Goodyear Eagle GT
DBA4000 rotors/Hawk Ceramic Pads

Proud Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
copilot757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
GR888GT

Have them in 3 vehicles right now and the drivers side one in the G8 is the worst fit of all 3 but its still 95% OK and they are the best available. Plus their produced in the U.S.A.
2009 GT PB, 20" Rial Porto's with Summutimo HTRIII's, infinity's in doors, CRV 8" Kickers on deck with 16 ohm center spkr mod. 6K HID's, Homelink, K&N, Solo Mach balanced with HFC's. Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS cam tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B+M....

Spring 2015, HSV Gauge package, suspension u/g plus 4 wheel Brembo u/g

New DD-2013 Buick Regal GS, 3M, P3 VIDI, IPF Tuned
GR888GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #26
Carpoor

Not ordered for the G8, but disappointed in their fit for wife's Highlander. Lot of irregular things on outside edge of driver's side (foot rest, pocket for a gas cap release lever and front cover of seat track) not cutout accurately on their mat where the mat rides overs one those items depending on position. Also, the rise up the firewall is about 3 inches shorter than the OEM mats. No reply from Weathertech when I wrote these comments to them.

The over-the-counter "Delux" mats, trimmed to fit, are working fine for me in the G8.
Carpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement