Factory freakkkkkk Stock g8 vs bolt on 5.0 - Page 7 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Racing > Kill Section

Kill Section “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.”

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #121
MotorCityG8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
Come to the ECS and you can see 5-6 passes. I don't share everything with you guys
Do you have any videos of a run with the new setup?

2008 G8 GT PBM / No Roof - SOLD

Go: Livernois Stage 1 Cam / Circle D 3000 Stall / Ported TB & Intake / Roto-Fab CAI / Pat G Tune / SLP Powerflow Axlebacks / OBX 1 7/8 LT w/3in midpipe / LS7 MAF

Show: Avant Garde M310 / Eibach & Fe3 set up / Plasti Dipped Wheel and Kidney grills / Debadged / Tint (20% windshield, 5% sides, 20% on top of 5% on the rear) / Bathurst Stripes.
MotorCityG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #122
Zodiac
In the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
Come to the ECS and you can see 5-6 passes. I don't share everything with you guys
I would love to come to ECS, unfortunately it's not in the cards, and damn you should share more.

2014 Ram 1500 QC Express
2014 Mazda6 Touring
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #123
Troy Trackbeast
Super Moderator

Default Factory freakkkkkk Stock g8 vs bolt on 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I would love to come to ECS, unfortunately it's not in the cards, and damn you should share more.
Hopefully one of the fast cars will let my gopro tag along for a pass...
Troy Trackbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #124
Zodiac
In the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Trackbeast View Post
Hopefully one of the fast cars will let my gopro tag along for a pass...
Yes I would love to see that on Daniel's car. Also a video of him and wreck would be awesome.

2014 Ram 1500 QC Express
2014 Mazda6 Touring
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #125
todds87ss
Car RamRod

Just read this thread from the beginning.

It's not the content of the thread that sent shivers up my fat spine. The title brings back memories of a previous member (long since perma-banned) who swore he had a "factory freak"...

No one ever was really sure if he actually had a G8 or not.

As to racing in a Honda, two things - and please do not take them personally.
1. I've blown up more honda motors racing in one year than I have blown in 30 years of racing GM motors...and every one thinks they are "reliable" - Perhaps just not at the track.
2. You will grow out of it. Trust me. There will come a day when it's too expensive to run 11s in a honda, and the G8 ( and any other v8) will go 11s with simple mods - some bolt ons and nitrous, and still be a great daily driver.

Cannot comment on your kill, though. In a roll race you can never tell if the winner is the guy with the faster car, or the one who stayed in it longer. The 1/4 mile never lies.

Nice video though.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #126
AuggieDosta
IdontRe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post

It's not the content of the thread that sent shivers up my fat spine. The title brings back memories of a previous member (long since perma-banned) who swore he had a "factory freak"...

1. I've blown up more honda motors racing in one year than I have blown in 30 years of racing GM motors...and every one thinks they are "reliable" - Perhaps just not at the track.
2. You will grow out of it. Trust me. There will come a day when it's too expensive to run 11s in a honda, and the G8 ( and any other v8) will go 11s with simple mods - some bolt ons and nitrous, and still be a great daily driver.

Cannot comment on your kill, though. In a roll race you can never tell if the winner is the guy with the faster car, or the one who stayed in it longer.

The 1/4 mile never lies.

Nice video though.
3 truths that need to be reiterated.
#1,693 of 1,829 and #29 of 35 as optioned (1 of 56 SBM's)

'01 Chevy Silverado LT (4x4) 6" IFS lift, 35" tires
AuggieDosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #127
DanSVT03

A stock G8 GT will never beat a new 5.0 Somethin ain't right here kids.

2009 G8 GT, Premium & Sport Package, with sunroof,

-Comp Cams, 227/231
-Yank 3200 SS Converter, B&M Cooler
-All supporting DOD Delete components
-Slowhawk Built & Tuned

-Kooks Longtubes (1-7/8'')
-Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced Exhaust (with cats)
-Rotofab CAI
DanSVT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #128
DDTECH
Camshaft Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post

Cannot comment on your kill, though. In a roll race you can never tell if the winner is the guy with the faster car, or the one who stayed in it longer. The 1/4 mile never lies.

Nice video though.
No growing out of it, when I own a business and Tune/build performance Honda's lol.. The Sig isn't fake, its my real business, its not there for looks, i get flown around the nation to tune cars, and i have a national reputation as a cam profiler and tuner for the import industry. With that said, Jumping over to the domestics is a new experince for me, while tuning is pretty much the same thing, it allows me to grow my business.
I got into the industry because i'm good at it, very good.. I've been tuning for over 10 years, and have been profilling cams for quite sometime as well as building motors.. Its not enough to quit my day job as a Audi Tech, but its enough to help with living and when i have a bad day as a flat rate tech, tuning 2-3 cars pays the car note/insurance fairly quick.

Obviously the 3rd gear, which i reeled him in , and walked pass him was just that. In most races, i've actually never street raced above 120ish..in all honestly this is because in my Hatch, i'm geared for 1/4, meaning anything above 120-130, i'd be in 5th gear, which is dumb. So i normally shut my races down around there.. That was around 90ish i wanna say if i remember correctly when i let out, and so did he.. he was at my back bumper when i let off. There was no "staying it longer".

Its getting to the point where its annoying now. The video shows i walked over that mustang, i dont care what it is now, because its obvious everyone gets their panties in a wade. This is almost as bad as honda-tech or other import forums, Guy told me information, i posted what he told me, was it true? Who knows, nor cares, it was a good race ,obvious a V8 with bolt ons, and any case, a respect win. LTS/Xpipe and stuff is on its way, should be here next week and i'll have some pics of install and stuff in the exhaust forum.
08 G8 GT - Daily 13.5@107mph 2.0 60'(STOCK)Its got some mods now.... And tuning.
92 EG Civic - Racecar - Trapping 115mph+(NA)
DDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #129
Zodiac
In the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTECH View Post
No growing out of it, when I own a business and Tune/build performance Honda's lol.. The Sig isn't fake, its my real business, its not there for looks, i get flown around the nation to tune cars, and i have a national reputation as a cam profiler and tuner for the import industry. With that said, Jumping over to the domestics is a new experince for me, while tuning is pretty much the same thing, it allows me to grow my business.
I got into the industry because i'm good at it, very good.. I've been tuning for over 10 years, and have been profilling cams for quite sometime as well as building motors.. Its not enough to quit my day job as a Audi Tech, but its enough to help with living and when i have a bad day as a flat rate tech, tuning 2-3 cars pays the car note/insurance fairly quick.

Obviously the 3rd gear, which i reeled him in , and walked pass him was just that. In most races, i've actually never street raced above 120ish..in all honestly this is because in my Hatch, i'm geared for 1/4, meaning anything above 120-130, i'd be in 5th gear, which is dumb. So i normally shut my races down around there.. That was around 90ish i wanna say if i remember correctly when i let out, and so did he.. he was at my back bumper when i let off. There was no "staying it longer".

Its getting to the point where its annoying now. The video shows i walked over that mustang, i dont care what it is now, because its obvious everyone gets their panties in a wade. This is almost as bad as honda-tech or other import forums, Guy told me information, i posted what he told me, was it true? Who knows, nor cares, it was a good race ,obvious a V8 with bolt ons, and any case, a respect win. LTS/Xpipe and stuff is on its way, should be here next week and i'll have some pics of install and stuff in the exhaust forum.
Nah don't get discouraged. It's all in good fun, a good race is a good race. Hopefully we will see more to come.

2014 Ram 1500 QC Express
2014 Mazda6 Touring
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #130
DDTECH
Camshaft Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Nah don't get discouraged. It's all in good fun, a good race is a good race. Hopefully we will see more to come.
I know this thread is fairly old and people are still popping in with this and that.. enjoy a good race and be done.

But they got guys way older then me making a living in the import/domestic industry..there's no such thing as growing out of it, if that was the case, then you'd eventually grow out of modding a domestic as well..

Hopefully next sunday I'll have some free time to hit the track for a baseline track run. I have to finish dialing in my hatch for IFO and i'll have my GF run the g8 to get some prelim numbers to go with the stock dyno baseline.
08 G8 GT - Daily 13.5@107mph 2.0 60'(STOCK)Its got some mods now.... And tuning.
92 EG Civic - Racecar - Trapping 115mph+(NA)
DDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #131
Deuuuce

Just had a rental 5.0 automatic from Hertz. No stock G8 GT will hang with one from 80mph on up. No way, no how. Felt every bit as quick as my dyno tuned 6.1. 111mph vs. 105mph trap speeds is a league apart.

If it was a manual being short shifted, or shifted slowly, then yes, of course.
Silver SRT-8 413whp/432wtq 12.71 @ 111mph (sold)
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
60 – 130mph Replaces the Quarter Mile, Lower Those Lifted Trucks!, The End of the Horsepower Race
all at: Examiner.com

Last edited by Deuuuce; 02-18-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Deuuuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement