f**k got a speeding ticket - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > Lounge

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
Bob the Noob

Reminds me of the time I rolled through a stop sign in my youth. Just as I'm partially through the intersection I look to my right again and notice a Cop parked behind another car which I didn't see at first glance. I just got a little ways up the road, pulled over and had my license/reg ready to hand to him.

I think he appreciated it. He gave me a no seatbelt ticket vs. the stop sign 'cause it wasn't any points on my license (yeah, it was a while ago).

Go: Roto Fab CAI, Livernois Tune, Kook's Mid Length 1 7/8", Corsa Mid-section, Solo Axle Backs, Chrome TVS2300, 8PSI Pulley, 60# injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, and other related goodies, BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, BMR Drive Shaft Loop, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tires

Stop: CTS-V 4 piston, Camaro rotors, Hawks HPS Pads

Show: GXP diffuser, Breyton GTF2 wheels

483.8 - RWHP
465.5 - RWTQ
11.85sec/116.68mph
Bob the Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
Turbo301

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnertroy View Post
I got a126 in a 70 after my first tune. Been a couple years but sorry to hear tickets suck donkey

126 in a 70 zone? Wow, up here that would have seen your car taken away from you - likely permanently

I'm surprised there isn't a "cop locator" app for phones now (referring to the aforementioned Cobar detector thing for phones): that is, not so much a radar detector, but some GPS-based system that alerts you if a cop is in the area. I'm sure police cars are all GPSed up now, for safety of the officers, so it should be possible to develop something that tells you where they are. This could be helpful even if they're not actively radar patrolling, and could be useful in the case of an emergency. I guess it could also be useful for badguys, though .

Mods: K&N air filter, AEM Brute Force short-ram, Solo Mach Balanced + HFCs + resonators, Livernois ECM/TCM tune(s), gorgeous wife mod
Other cars:
1996 Caprice Classic: dark cherry, LT1, B4U
1977 Mercury Cougar XR7: light jade metallic, rare 302/low-option Ontario car
Turbo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #23
rmcdonell318
09 SBM G8 GT

what city/town you get pulled over in? I may be able to get you out of it..last time i got pulled over for speeding in Amherst, (43 in a 30 ) the cop pulled me over, took my info, asked me if i had a factory paint job on my car, i told him yes, he then proceeded to tell me how he used to have one and he understands how its hard to keep the needle at the posted signs, told me keep the car clean and watch out for cops and let me off with a slap on the wrist...lol COOLEST cop i've ever encountered ...he also brought up the fact tht he saw my record was kind of full and tht it would've resulted in the revoking of my license...Pulled over 13 times, ticket 10, 8 of 10 for speed, 1 for tints and another for rolling through a stop sign ...all and all, ive gotten more points on my license for rolling the sign, that i do for speeding..7 total lol thts like 1.25 points for every year ive been driving ..and i made the mistake of buying a sports car tht doesnt hesitate to go fast when you ask it...i have a feeling im going to be tht old guy racing all the kids...
rmcdonell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
rmcdonell318
09 SBM G8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo301 View Post
126 in a 70 zone? Wow, up here that would have seen your car taken away from you - likely permanently

I'm surprised there isn't a "cop locator" app for phones now (referring to the aforementioned Cobar detector thing for phones): that is, not so much a radar detector, but some GPS-based system that alerts you if a cop is in the area. I'm sure police cars are all GPSed up now, for safety of the officers, so it should be possible to develop something that tells you where they are. This could be helpful even if they're not actively radar patrolling, and could be useful in the case of an emergency. I guess it could also be useful for badguys, though .
we should start an "Anti Speed Limit" club and go to our local police stations and plant our own transmitters on all there cars in the wee hours of the morning LOL
Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #25
Scholl26

Trapster app. Users provide updates where cops are sitting, have sat recently, along with locations of speed cameras. It uses the GPS on your phone for reporting. Illegal to update while driving, possibly, but I use every time I travel outside of my daily commute. Has helped me more times than I can count and I do my best to help others out and report locations as soon as I can. Give it a shot, its free. Plus if you have your phone plugged in for music, it will speak over the music to give you updates as you approach.
30% tint, VG Sharkfin, Interior LED swap out, (Concept dart swap out pending)
Plastidip'd all chrome
Cat Back MagnaFlow Exhaust
VMR v710 Matte Black 19" (F8.5"/B9.5")
317 RHP and 316 Rftlb on Mustang Dyno
Scholl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #26
pony killer

[quote be useful for badguys, though .

we should start an "Anti Speed Limit" club and go to our local police stations and plant our own transmitters on all there cars in the wee hours of

the morning LOL ][/quote]
I'll be right behind yuh but if you happen to look back and don't see me . Dont worry , just keep on going lol
pony killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
DougSpirit

WAZE is a very cool app for this. Check it out.
DougSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
drewdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSpirit View Post
WAZE is a very cool app for this. Check it out.
this. not only can drivers report speed traps, but also traffic jams, etc.
Tints, Sharkfin antenna, passenger seat mod
drewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #29
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony killer View Post
Well I got my first speeding ticket in the g8 tonight. 55 in a 40. I gotta get a radar detector. Can't let this become a habit. Well I got busted. Just gonna plea it down and move on.
Yup the cost of a radar will save you in the long run. I've been driving with a radar for the last 20 years. No speeding tickets.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive
deezomaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #30
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
for 15 over? lol. go to court like everyone else by yourself. Don't need to make up any stories just be professional, well dressed and honest. Refer to the judege as "your honor" make contact and truly act sorry. They'll plea you down to a non-moving or maybe even a parking ticket. You'll still pay the fine and might have to go to class but it's better than more points and increased insurance.

isn't that the truth. My silverado shakes at 65 haha and the g8 is smooth as butter at 80

generally you just show up on a date they give you with 50 other people. you see the prosecutor, they cut you a deal. you then go to the judge and he generally agrees. It's a good 2 hour adventure but worth it.
It's different in each state, and pretty different in each city/county.

First, never admit anything. EVER. PERIOD.

Second, absolutely hire a lawyer.

Third, enjoy your clean record.

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 632/530 Mustang Dyno
ExpLiciTSainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #31
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpLiciTSainT View Post
It's different in each state, and pretty different in each city/county.

First, never admit anything. EVER. PERIOD.

Second, absolutely hire a lawyer.

Third, enjoy your clean record.
Hmmm.....

I got pulled over by a Statie in MA when I lived there and the trooper said I was going 75 (driving the Maxima). I told him that's not possible because I had my cruise control set to 70. I didn't get too scientific with him knowing that when my dash reads 70, I'm really travelling at 68 due to my tire diameter. He let me go but he just didn't like that I passed him while he was driving 65 holding up everyone.

The main point I guess is that I admitted to going 70 because I wasn't going to allow him to tell me I was going faster when I know I wasn't.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #32
Oneg808

Haha Radar has saved me way to many times, well worth the investment. Whenever they try to pull me over I just run.. then get away... Then I don't have to worry about a ticket! Ha, only joking!
2008 G8 GT, Vararam, H&R's, Straight Pipes, Pace Setter Long Tube Headers, Pat G tune, Pat G custom cam, DOD delete from pace performance, TSW Valencia Wheels; 20X10 Rear, 20X8.5 Front, Brembo brakes with drilled and slotted rotors, 5% tint "So you can't see up in my windows!", debagged, Smoked out, GXP diffuser, GXP front facia, HID Kit 12K, HPJUNKIE HID fogs, and more to come!
Oneg808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
Hmmm.....

I got pulled over by a Statie in MA when I lived there and the trooper said I was going 75 (driving the Maxima). I told him that's not possible because I had my cruise control set to 70. I didn't get too scientific with him knowing that when my dash reads 70, I'm really travelling at 68 due to my tire diameter. He let me go but he just didn't like that I passed him while he was driving 65 holding up everyone.

The main point I guess is that I admitted to going 70 because I wasn't going to allow him to tell me I was going faster when I know I wasn't.
I would have told him I was not going 75. Never admit to speeding, if you do, it's only luck that an officer doesn't give you a ticket. I have avoided tickets by saying I wasn't speeding and nothing more. I have won 100% of my speeding tickets with my lawyer, there is no guessing.

My uncle was Chief of Police for Breckenridge, MI, and let me tell you, if you said you did something illegal, you got a ticket. That was that. If you get lucky with a police offers who doesn't give you a ticket for doing something illegal because you were honest, then glad it worked out for you; that one time.

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 632/530 Mustang Dyno
ExpLiciTSainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #34
HardTech

Got a ticket once while doing 7 over because I was in a lane that suddenly ended over a hill and the 2 choices where slam on the brakes and hope to god someone lets me in behind the 18 wheeler before i run into the construction zone. Or gun it and get in front of the 18 wheeler leaving plenty of room. I went for safety.

Cop got me, I was civil and said i picked the best safe choice. His comment was "yes but it was speeding." I told him the construction signs are down, he laughed and said "I keep hear that, its good for me then. So if its not speeding should I right you down for wreck less driving?"

I told him I hope he has a great day and stays safe because an 18 wheeler might not be able to get out of that lane and I thought it was a safety hazard at least. He just walked to his car and busted another guy before I had the chance to get out. That guy sped up to safely pass instead of slamming on the brakes. It was a speed trap as no one was working that day and I am unsure what they would have worked on.

Bought a car camera within a week that records audio. Went to the court house and had the pay 210 bucks so it "would never hit my record". I was pissed. I wasn't the only one there busted in the same area asking to pay the same fee. I will not have that happen again, thus camera was bought.

I have kept buying them since, its helped out with more insurance than cop related stuff but I like that its there.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #35
pony killer

Quote:
what city/town you get pulled over in? I may be able to get you out of it..last time i got pulled over for speeding in Amherst, (43 in a 30 ) the cop pulled me over, took my info, asked me if i had a factory paint job on my car, i told him yes, he then proceeded to tell me how he used to have one and he understands how its hard to keep the needle at the posted signs, told me keep the car clean and watch out for cops and let me off with a slap on the wrist...lol COOLEST cop i've ever encountered
THANKS but it was in Depew. Also my father is a lawyer. He practices in Wisconsin but has his New York license too. I did talk to him and I know from my last experience that I really don't need him for the 15 over. They normally bump it down to whatever and if its a couple hundred ill live .
Wow a ton of replies . Still reading some . Amherst does seem to be cool about things. They let me go for a cell phone ticket . A.k.a ,talking and driving. It was like the week they started it . Undercover basterd got me lol. Thanks again mcdonell318.
Oh Zep ! . Yea its taking a small bite . There goes the paint my front bumper money lol. Currently still stock but that's not holding me back lol.
Think I already mentioned it but have had a radar detector ,just not for the g8. I tried my cobra and it freaks out. So I gotta get a new one . I've never bought expensive radar detectors and never had a problem. Oh the last time I got a ticket it was in my other ride and I had the volume turned down and forgot. doh !

Last edited by pony killer; 02-26-2013 at 10:51 PM.
pony killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #36
gary123

next best thing to a radar detector is cruise control.thats the only way to keep the beast at the speed limit.
gary123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #37
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpLiciTSainT View Post
I would have told him I was not going 75. Never admit to speeding, if you do, it's only luck that an officer doesn't give you a ticket. I have avoided tickets by saying I wasn't speeding and nothing more. I have won 100% of my speeding tickets with my lawyer, there is no guessing.

My uncle was Chief of Police for Breckenridge, MI, and let me tell you, if you said you did something illegal, you got a ticket. That was that. If you get lucky with a police offers who doesn't give you a ticket for doing something illegal because you were honest, then glad it worked out for you; that one time.
I all depends on the officer and how you react. I was on RT80 in PA on another occasion and construction zones kept coming up every 10 miles or so where the lanes would drop from 2 to 1. Got to this one zone and there were no "Construction Ahead" signs when I got to this one zone and "Bang", a state trooper was there clocking me and my radar picked him up with POP. Once I entered the zone, I kept looking in my rear view to see if he was going to come after me. He did and he was a few cars behind me. Soon as I exited the zone, I said "F' it" and just pulled over.

I had everything ready and waiting for the trooper when he got to the car and I did explain the issues with the signs to him. He checked to see if I had any warrants in his state and let me go with a warning. I've been pulled over many times for speeding and have never gotten a speeding ticket with the radar in the car. What's worked for mein the cases where I didn't have it is not acting like an arse, being apologetic and having a CDL.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #38
JTW
You've got mail, YAAAAY!

I have a latest version Valentine-1 .... on my shelf. I used it for a while, but finally decided that cruise control was the best defense against speeding. In the words of Mr. Popeil: "Set it and forget it!". I simply don't speed anymore, and no, I have not had a ticket since 1992 (first and only ticket). The only time I use the V1 is when I take a road trip, and only for protection against the speed traps which are very common in Texas.

2009 GT: MSM, Sunroof Delete, Onyx/Red, Sport/Premium
Original owner and proud of it!
1987 Porsche 911 M491 Turbo Body Carrera Cabriolet
1971 Dodge Charger 500, 383 #s matching
Go:
Rotofab CAI, Solo Axle-Back
X-Pipe, Cortex 93 tune with Rotofab ad-on
Hawk performance brake pads
JTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #39
r1owner
That's ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougspirit View Post
waze is a very cool app for this. Check it out.

Saved me from an IL trooper running laser a couple of weeks ago.

Also, laser jammers are very effective at jamming laser.
2009 PSM GXP A6 #1803/1829 sold
r1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #40
rmcdonell318
09 SBM G8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony killer View Post
THANKS but it was in Depew. Also my father is a lawyer. He practices in Wisconsin but has his New York license too. I did talk to him and I know from my last experience that I really don't need him for the 15 over. They normally bump it down to whatever and if its a couple hundred ill live .
Wow a ton of replies . Still reading some . Amherst does seem to be cool about things. They let me go for a cell phone ticket . A.k.a ,talking and driving. It was like the week they started it . Undercover basterd got me lol. Thanks again mcdonell318.
Oh Zep ! . Yea its taking a small bite . There goes the paint my front bumper money lol. Currently still stock but that's not holding me back lol.
Think I already mentioned it but have had a radar detector ,just not for the g8. I tried my cobra and it freaks out. So I gotta get a new one . I've never bought expensive radar detectors and never had a problem. Oh the last time I got a ticket it was in my other ride and I had the volume turned down and forgot. doh !
Anytime,always down to help a fellow G8 owner...now if u owned a mustang,I'd say the hell with ya haha about to leave to drop off the Intake and throttle body off at new era..anyone from WNY need anything while I'm out there? Prolly gunna stop at Dino BBQ Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement