RX Monster catch can review - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > V8 Engine Tech (L76/LS3)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 04-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Daniel Linnett

Default RX Monster catch can review

Well I am sure you all know that I switched from the tvs2300 to the STS TT. I finally got the motor in and every thing running and was pleased with how the turbos sounded. What I did not like was on decel the car would smoke quite badly. That is a symptom of rings not being seated in a new motor or oil in the exhaust. I was going to be seriously pissed if I had to re ring the motor when I did everything I was told to break in the motor. I have delt with Tracy Lewis at RX and so I new he had some sort of solution for boosted applications. I told him my delima and that the STS solenoid system didn't seem to be up to the task.

He said at my power level that the sts solution would not be sufficient. He told me he had two different size cans for boosted applications and that in my situation I needed the MONSTER. He overnighted the Monster Catch Can and I installed it yesterday.

On my setup it was much more involved since I have twins all the way out back. You put a breather cap that he includes on oil fill, one goes to intake manifold on passenger side, one on driver side valley cover and third as close to boost inlet as possible. In my case I had to run a -10 line all the way to the rear of the car and tee it to each pipe as close to turbine inlet as possible.

Well the review is in and the RX Monster Can is as advertised!! No more smoke on decel and rings are indeed seated properly. Next week I should be off to the DYNO to see what she can do with current t wastegate spring setup. I want to avoid using boost controller for now.

She should be nasty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
gr8lover

Looks good.... I will probably be getting one of these also.... just not sure if I have room...I have less space than you have.... not sure if something like that would fit.... its huge!!!!! Good to have something work out good!!!
gr8lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
GXP4RO
Northeast G8 Owners Club

That thing is a monster compared to mine. Can't wait for your dyno numbers.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
WickedMom
PROCHARGED!

I know someone who sells them...

Hopefully I'll get mine installed this week... Surprise, it's pink

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
D-1SC, Kooks, Magnaflow, RX & more.

WickedMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement