ZL1 Fuel Pump writeup? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Intake/Fuel Tech

Intake/Fuel Tech CAI, TBI, Porting, Forced Induction, Nitrous Oxide...

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
LoPhatMelk
Sekzi Member

Default ZL1 Fuel Pump writeup?

Has anyone ever put together an actual parts list and write on the install/mod? I'm opting for this route instead of doing the KB BAP. Any help would be appreciated!

-LPM
LoPhatMelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
LoPhatMelk
Sekzi Member

I take it that it's a no?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
orangeg8
Offshore Prositute

It has been done. I want to say Shane did it?

I am no Challenger to this game, I don't go Chargering away, and it is more than just ponies in this beast.
orangeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
LoPhatMelk
Sekzi Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeg8 View Post
It has been done. I want to say Shane did it?
Yea I read where a couple of guys seems to have done it. I just couldnt find any actual write ups and all parts used to complete it. I'm going to be ordering my Maggie soon and I really would like to have all my ducks in a row so to speak.

-LPM
Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
orangeg8
Offshore Prositute

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...light=zl1+pump

that is what shane did to get his zl1 pump to fit. seems to be complete. Good luck

I am no Challenger to this game, I don't go Chargering away, and it is more than just ponies in this beast.
orangeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
LoPhatMelk
Sekzi Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeg8 View Post
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...light=zl1+pump

that is what shane did to get his zl1 pump to fit. seems to be complete. Good luck
Thanks for this orangeg8. Not sure how I missed it.

Is it better to drop the tank or just cut a hole in the floor?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPhatMelk View Post
Thanks for this orangeg8. Not sure how I missed it.

Is it better to drop the tank or just cut a hole in the floor?
Being inexperienced... you could go either way with that. The advantage to cutting the holes is you can switch any wires you hooked up incorrectly (or if they are loose). Be careful though, cause you can cut into the tank. Cut your hole farther in than the dimple outline is (make the hole smaller rather than larger because the tank touches the circle)... and watch your power lines. I marked where I thought the fuel and power lines were to avoid cutting them. I also used a grinder to make the metal thinner before hammering a carving tool through it. In the end, I think dropping the tank and cutting the holes are about the same amount of time to be honest. Another thing is to watch out for metal shavings. I ended up draining my tank and cleaning the inside of the fuel tank just incase dirt/metal got through.

Here's what I did.

Instead of doing the adapters, I ran the return feed line from one side to the other instead of using an adapter like Shane. I also needed to find where to get the F-Body Regulator adapter piece from Vaperworx so the car would at least start with stock fuel injectors.

The only part I had trouble finding was the wiring order, as Sam was the one who originally did the first car. I couldn't get him for the life of me to send me the order, he kept saying he would, and just never did. I kind of guessed and got it right (based on his pictures). I would suggest calling him for the parts and writing down the color order, he's a busy dude and probably won't follow through with sending the information.

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 600 unlocked stall - dyno
ExpLiciTSainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
ZIm

I did the cts-v with vapor worxs controler. So far so good, no issues and she purrs like a kitten .....

If you do a bing search you'll find my post and others....very good setup and I'm very pleased with it.

If you decided to install your preference pump, I recommend that you cut a hole....again, you'll see the pics if you do a search....the rear seat has an outline of where to actuall cut...I used a cutoff wheel and gently just cut around it....very easy, but you def have to be careful and go slow. The benefit of cutting the hole is that you'll be able to see if you have any leaks after hooking everything up. Dropping the tank is a pain and labor intensive....and if you have to drop the tank 2 or 3 times.....well, you get the idea. After the hole is cut and you install pump, I used thick layer of dyno max to seal. Works great.

Good luck with whatever you decided, having the right fuel system opens the door for more reliable hp and no worries of the BAP killing your stock pump..
Trunion upgrade
Lingenfelter CNC Ported LS3 Heads with hollow stem intake valves & Inconnel exhaust valves with Patriot extreme dual springs and Titanium retainers
Magnuson 2300 supercharger running 7 psi
CTS-V fuel pump by vapor worxs running 58 psi
LS9 injectors
DoD delete Cam Stage 1
Complete Spohn suspension upgrades front and rear
Rear cradle bushings
Spohn body brace
Aero gauges (pod)
ZIm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement