Airbag fault? :( - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Stereo / Electronics

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #21
DavesWhiteHot

I'm afraid my battery is okay and this ^^^ is likely my problem.
Thanks GM indeed. 34,500 miles and literally only 1 1/2 months out of my warranty.

***SOLD :"( ***
'09 White Hot G8 GT, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), Pat G tune, HSRK, Rotofab CAI, Magnaflow Catback, DT Tri-Y LT's, Rick Crawford intake, throttle body, and ported/milled heads, stock gears & stock stall, H & R springs, Lovells poly strut mounts, VMR V710 wheels, 11.86 @ 120.32 mph (1.94 60')
DavesWhiteHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
pic18
Enthusiast

A good dealer will try to repair it under the good faith system. Good luck!
2009 G8GT Corsa exhaust, VMR710 wheels, Window Tint, Red/Black steering wheel and shifter, Sliding Center Console Pad, Holden radiator cover, CAA Floor Mats, Pontiac Trunk Liner, center console light, glove box light, Video in Motion from JHP, SLP Spoiler, Holden Black window trims, painted door handles, painted engine cover, GXP Front end, CF shorty antenna

2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
pic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #23
DavesWhiteHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pic18 View Post
A good dealer will try to repair it under the good faith system. Good luck!
Man I really hope so!

'09 White Hot G8 GT, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), Pat G tune, HSRK, Rotofab CAI, Magnaflow Catback, DT Tri-Y LT's, Rick Crawford intake, throttle body, and ported/milled heads, stock gears & stock stall, H & R springs, Lovells poly strut mounts, VMR V710 wheels, 11.86 @ 120.32 mph (1.94 60')
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
GMCustomerService

@JBoogie, I’m sorry to read you’re still experiencing the airbag fault. Have you talked to the dealership since they performed the recall work to see if this is tied in with the recall?

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
DavesWhiteHot

Well the dealer told me it threw a B0012 code and that the steering wheel airbag coil needed to be replaced. I didn't mention this in this thread originally, but about 3 months ago (when the car was still in full warranty) the airbag fault showed on the display for about 2-3 seconds then went away and never came back. I figured it was just a brief computer glitch since it never did it again.....until now, 1 1/2 months out of warranty but still under 36,000 miles.

My dealer told me in a very nice way to shove it. $979 to fix!!!
That's a bunch of bull and I am very ticked. I have emailed Michelle to see if there is anything she can do since I am unsure where to go from here.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #26
pic18
Enthusiast

Are you the original owner of the car? Is the dealer you're going to the dealer you bought it from? I just ask because if so, that's really poor service. I'd consider it poor service that any dealer wouldn't fix such an important safety feature on a car under the miles and only 1.5 months past time. I think safety systems like that should have a longer warranty anyway. How can airbags be out of warranty in 3 years. It seems crazy.
2009 G8GT Corsa exhaust, VMR710 wheels, Window Tint, Red/Black steering wheel and shifter, Sliding Center Console Pad, Holden radiator cover, CAA Floor Mats, Pontiac Trunk Liner, center console light, glove box light, Video in Motion from JHP, SLP Spoiler, Holden Black window trims, painted door handles, painted engine cover, GXP Front end, CF shorty antenna

2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #27
DavesWhiteHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pic18 View Post
Are you the original owner of the car? Is the dealer you're going to the dealer you bought it from? I just ask because if so, that's really poor service. I'd consider it poor service that any dealer wouldn't fix such an important safety feature on a car under the miles and only 1.5 months past time. I think safety systems like that should have a longer warranty anyway. How can airbags be out of warranty in 3 years. It seems crazy.
As a follow up to this whole thing, I am now VERY pleased at how this is going to turn out. I am the original owner of the car (bought it new), and I e-mailed last night the guy I bought the car from, in Albertville, where I grew up. It's 1 1/2 hours away from me but my parents still live there.
The name of the dealership is Howard Bentley GMC/Buick (used to also list Pontiac in the name). Well he forwards my e-mail to the service manager there and the guy gives me a call this morning.

Super nice guy, and he says that they'll take care of it for me at no expense to me and even give me a loaner car. I was thrilled! Now THAT'S customer service right there. I completely agree with you on the safety system in the vehicle needing to have a longer warranty than 3 years. I'm taking off work today and am going to drive up there and leave it with them.......

Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
JBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
@JBoogie, I’m sorry to read you’re still experiencing the airbag fault. Have you talked to the dealership since they performed the recall work to see if this is tied in with the recall?

@Michelle, I called them (Nyle Maxwell in Round Rock Tx) after the work was done and told them i was still getting the fault. They said it was probably a bad part and the repair would be around $800 or so. They didnt even offer to check it out to see what the problem might really be..
JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #29
GMCustomerService

@JBoogie, I would like to dig into this more for you. I’ll send you a private message with the information I’ll need.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
pic18
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesWhiteHot View Post
As a follow up to this whole thing, I am now VERY pleased at how this is going to turn out. I am the original owner of the car (bought it new), and I e-mailed last night the guy I bought the car from, in Albertville, where I grew up. It's 1 1/2 hours away from me but my parents still live there.
The name of the dealership is Howard Bentley GMC/Buick (used to also list Pontiac in the name). Well he forwards my e-mail to the service manager there and the guy gives me a call this morning.

Super nice guy, and he says that they'll take care of it for me at no expense to me and even give me a loaner car. I was thrilled! Now THAT'S customer service right there. I completely agree with you on the safety system in the vehicle needing to have a longer warranty than 3 years. I'm taking off work today and am going to drive up there and leave it with them.......
I'm glad it's going to work out for you!

2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #31
DavesWhiteHot

Just brought my car home! Not a penny out of pocket. I was very grateful to the dealership.
The said it was the steering wheel airbag coil that was bad, whatever that is.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #32
GMCustomerService

Congratulations, DavesWhiteHot!!! From my family to yours, we hope you have wonderful holidays.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
JBoogie

I had the airbag fault light for months, i have replaced my battery and had the recall work done as well. I still had the light.
After speaking with Michelle , an appointment was set up at the dealership closest to my home. The wife took the car in to have it checked out. The wife said the technician that looked at the car told her that no problems were found. The airbag fault light now does not come on anymore. The wife was told to come back if the light ever comes back on. We were not charged for the visit.
A big thanks to Michelle for looking into this issue and "motivating" me to get the car checked out again.

Edit/Update..
The wife just told me that the fault light was back on..

Last edited by JBoogie; 11-28-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added info
JBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
Todasi

I have the airbag fault right now, I got mine when I had 39,000 miles on it and owned it since new for 34 months. Since I've been traveling I haven't brought it in to get checked out. I think mine is on the passenger side because the passenger airbag off light stays on even if someone sits in the passenger seat. It makes me very nervous because if I get into an accident will the airbag deploy? I haven't driven around with anyone in the passenger seat for a while because of it.
I haven't brought it to the dealer yet because everyone on these boards says it will cost $900 to fix...that doesn't sound like a very fun Christmas to me.
My last service I had my dealer (where I bought the car) did the recall on the airbag, oil change, transmission filter change, etc. Does it cost to have them check it out?
Eibach, Monroe GT Sport, Lovells, BMR
Brakes: Brembos F&R Black/White
Engine: Roto-Fab, Rick C. TB/ intake/ heads, EPS 224/228 .629 .629 114+4 cam, Pat G. tuned
Kook's 1 7/8 LTH X & Mid pipes, 12468 Magnaflow, Hooker Maxflo,4" ebay tips
12.53 @ 113mph +1487 DA 4130 lbs 392whp 372wtq
Todasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #35
GMCustomerService

@Todasi, how long ago did the dealership perform the recall work for the airbag? I’m asking this since under normal circumstances it would be covered under the 12/12 parts and labor warranty.

You can contact various GM dealerships to compare their diagnosis fees.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #36
Todasi

Michelle,
My dealer had me bring the car in and should cover the diagnostic fees because I brought it in 6 months ago for the airbag recall. My dealer said that with my continued service/patronage at that dealer, they should be able to cover the repair under warrantee due to how close it was to my warrantee cut off because the airbag warning actually came on months ago.
Just got to wait a few days for the part now. Mine was the passenger seat pressure unit, which reads if someone is sitting in the passenger seat.
Engine: Roto-Fab, Rick C. TB/ intake/ heads, EPS 224/228 .629 .629 114+4 cam, Pat G. tuned
Old 12-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #37
GMCustomerService

@Todasi, thank you for taking the time to share the update. I’m very happy you have a great dealership that’s taking care of this and under warranty too. Please, let me know how things are going after they get the work done.

Happy Holidays,
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #38
Todasi

Dealer took care of everything for me. It was the pressure valve on the passenger seat sensor. They covered everything for me and treated me very well, should have brought the car there when it first happened, instead of worrying for nothing.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
GMCustomerService

That’s awesome, Todasi! I’m so happy for you that everything worked out.

Would you like me to forward a compliment to the dealership?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #40
swimman

Well, I guess it's my turn! Airbag sensor light is on. Came back from the dealer today after they quoted $840 for the repair which includes the sensor (92225595) and labor. I just can't believe that my car which I've had since new for 46 months and 32,000 miles, has this problem. Nor can I understand why many of us are having this issue and GM has done nothing about it. Sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth about purchasing another GM product. I have not given the dealer the go ahead to order the sensor as I wanted to get on the board and research the problem further. Seems there is little that can be done at this point.

Show No Go - Valentine One hardwired with remote display*Debadged*G2 red painted calipers*19" Drag DR53 Wheels*Polk DB651's in the doors*35w 5000k HIDS*GXP diffuser*3.5" tips*Oil Catch Can*Roto-Fab Radiator Cover

Go No Show - VMS ECM/TCM Tune*Solo Mach Catback*Roto-Fab Intake
swimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement