Came close to kicking this idiots ass - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > Lounge

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
Night Train

Oh wow. This topic seems to be an everyday experience. First, sorry to the OP for this but luckily, it didn't turn out worse.

I can't stand when people park so close to my car. Even when I've had less desirable cars, I've parked away from other cars.

At my employment, we have to park in a multi-level garage. Unfortunately, most of the spots are made for compact cars. I try to park at the ends so I can give myself more room. But, many times I'm not so lucky because while I get in early, I often commute to meetings and come back at a time when most of the garage is full.

Anyway, I do my best to center my car in the spot. But still, fools park any old way. Some park so close that you know that their door touched yours. Or, they park so close that they must think everyone is a 100 pound person.

I've even had one time in a supermarket where a lady was using my hood as a surface to write a letter or note. I walked up to her and looked at her crazy and said "What are you doing!!!!!". She just giggled and turned away. Come on people!!!
Magnaflow Cat-back
Roto Fab CAI and radiator cover
E&G screens - front and back
Pedders 2 with drop and sway bars
VIM with backup camera and DVD
Holden Sunshade
Holden Steering wheel with shifter knob
Carbon Fiber interior
VMS Tune

2007 Triumph Speed Triple
Night Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
foreosu
Go fast grocery getter

God created camera phones for a reason. When I find someone parked close next to me, I always take a picture of their license plate then survey for damage. If I have to squeeze into a spot next to a couple other cars, I do the same thing.

I had my car about 6 months back in 2008 and took it to a football game. Came back to find a football sized dent in the front fender. Of course no note or anything. F-ing people are scum.

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT
RotoFab CAI, Pace Setter long tube headers,
X-Pipe, Hooker Maxflow Axlebacks waiting to be installed, Cincy Speed dyno tune.

355 rwhp/370 lbs ft tq.

30% Tint, V8 6.0 Litre badges, Pontiac lettering debadge on the trunk
foreosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
DE DORSETT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hey De, I can attest that you're one of the most easy going guy's around and I know it took ALOT to get you that mad! I totally agree, there's people out there who will do that stupid stuff just to be an a$$....this guy got caught!
Thanks good to know U R still on the board with us
DE DORSETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Silvereagle
Drives with wolves

Grounds for caressing with pillow and baseball bats. Just cowardly dushbags that take up space and use oxygen.

Silvereagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #25
Dead0n
Arrival

Not saying this is right, but strategically placing road spikes (the sharp, hollow tubes) behind and in front of two of their tires is an effective means of proving your point.... Nails take too long.

Road hazards happen. (Don't ask how I have spike strip spikes)

Vararam intake, straight pipes, zex nitrous, tuned by Finish Line Performance, Beltronics Pro 500, Blinder HP-905, Casper's HSRK, Sickspeed oil catch can, Brakeperformance slotted and dimpled rotors/pads, Russell SS lines, black G2 painted calipers.

Wheels: Hustler 431's F:20x8.5 R:20x10 wrapped in Falken FK452's F:245/35ZR20 R:275/30ZR20.

Conservative: 444 RWHP/520RWTQ

Dead0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreosu View Post
God created camera phones for a reason. When I find someone parked close next to me, I always take a picture of their license plate then survey for damage. If I have to squeeze into a spot next to a couple other cars, I do the same thing.

I had my car about 6 months back in 2008 and took it to a football game. Came back to find a football sized dent in the front fender. Of course no note or anything. F-ing people are scum.
LMAO, I do the same thing. I have all these license plate pictures in my old phone. Had a car pull out of a spot once and sideswipe my old car after owning it for 1 week.

As for the guy earlier on that talked about beating his way into his car, reminds me of a story. My friends dad weighs 350lbs and is about 6'4", not super fat, but not exactly in shape either. He parks out of the way of people so he can get in and out of his car. Two people parked so close to him, he couldn't get into his driver's side door or his passenger side door. Both cars were in his parking spot lines. The guy on the drivers side got him pushing on his car as hard as he could to move it enough to get in. His car looked like it was hit by a truck, but then again, he did park partially in his space.

I use to drive the biggest turd looking Honda, and I wouldn't car where I parked, but I never pinned in a nice car or a crappy car for that matter. But I'd squeeze into a spot where I'm perfectly in my lane, regardless if someone else parked right. I didn't care if the car got door dings. Now, I park away from people, away from shopping carts, away from bars, away from driveways, etc...

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 632/530 Mustang Dyno
ExpLiciTSainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
Zodiac
In the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanran2000 View Post
Happened to me last month, went shopping in the SLS, parked way out back where no shopping carts could reach. Once I came out I saw two civics parked on both sides of my car, leaving only inches between my car and theirs. Not being physically able to get in, I waited for the owners to come out. Turns out to be some 16 year olds. After a little argument and them refusing to move their vehicles, I had the cops called. Long story short one of the kids ended up getting their car towed for not being able to provide insurance. Cant stand people who hate.
1) That's why gullwing doors suck
2) I wish we all had those problems.... lol.

I had this very similar situation OP. I was actually at Carmax waiting to get my car appraised to see if it was worth selling to them.

A guy parks next to me in a camry, and proceeds inside. I see him come back out and go to his car to get something, he flings his door and BAM right into the rear passenger door. I ran to the car, but I was on the other side of the parking lot and not in great shape, and he got inside before I got there. I looked at the door saw the ding and was pissed as hell. I wrote down his VIN, his license plate number, and went inside to find him. Carmax wouldn't page him for me but called a manager, real great that did. My wife waited at the car for him.

So I head out to the car and see him getting ready to get in his car and leave. Well I put my hand on the car door and shut it. I told him you aren't going anywhere buddy, and proceeded with an angry tirade with numerous expletives that wouldn't be fit for a HBO comedy special. Him telling me it's only a car blah blah blah. I retorted yeah it may be for you because you drive that econo****box, but this is my pride and joy. I brought his insurance company into it and had it fixed. Bull****, and I never did get my car appraised there lol.

2014 Ram 1500 QC Express
2014 Mazda6 Touring
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
biggestg8fan

When I do park way out of the way someone always parks next to me.

I usually only park 4 or 5 cars away. Unless I have to I never park next to someone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
2008 Liquid Red G8 Gt #825
Rotofab, Solo axle back, GXP diffuser, spyder led tails, and some other cosmetic mods
biggestg8fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
jat63

some guys at work angle park across two bays just to be safe, another one is always park your drivers door next to a light pole or a bay divider

have to agree with Eric GT & Beelzebubba about these guys who use two bays, just asking for it, and no i'm not one of them.

Last edited by jat63; 11-14-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: more info
jat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #30
Eric_GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat63 View Post
some guys at work angle park across two bays just to be safe, another one is always park your drivers door next to a light pole or a bay divider
That is usually an instant key scratch...

2009 MSM G8GT- Premium/Sport
1 of less than 500/1 of a Kind!
Eric_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #31
Supercharged

Happened to me at Target parked way out and some ass parked right on top of me....I hocked a lougie on his drivers window. Yes I am that childish about that kind of thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Show: Tint 15% rear/35% sides, 6K HID's, LED Fogs, Autodim rearview, bass boost powered by KICKER & 2 JL 12's, debadged. Sharkfin, GXP Diffuser, 20x9 Chrome Camaro 20's, CTS-V Brembos, BMR Sways, In Dash NAV Kit, and Black and Blue Recaro Booster Seat.
Go: Kooks Mids, RotoFab, SC Tuner
Wants:lots of em
Supercharged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
MRTaylor17

^^ yes I also have spit on windshields

I try my best to park on the *side* or even behind stores if possible. My goal is to hide or keep attention away my car, especially from heavy traffic areas. If I see an "end" spot on the side of a store, I get almost comically excited.

SHOW: GXP Diffuser, Sharkfin Antenna, 35% Tint, Rocker Panel L76 Emblems, Holden Rebadge, Black Calipers, Weathertech Floormats, Bluestar 2010

MO': BMR Rear Cradle, Strut Mount, Radius Rod & LCA Bushings, BMR Rear Sway Bar, Russell Steel Brake Lines, EBC Red Street Pads, FE3 Struts, Eibach Springs
MRTaylor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #33
hpjunke

This is a great thread .. this past month i have had 2 small mystery dents on the trunk and passenger back door i don't know who how or what caused it but i rarely drive the car and always park far away .. seems the haters that don't care and drive cars that are worth $1,500 don't care like we or car guys do .
hpjunke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #34
PSMG8GT

Always park at a curbspot... Reduces potential ******* moves from happening by 50% lol
GXP DIFFUSER
FULLY DEBADGED
TSW NURBURGRING 20X8.5/9.5 WITH NITTO INVO 255/35 285/30
PSMG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #35
Skyview

De, I know you're an easygoing guy too. Sometimes we have to deal with people who don't give a .... about other people or their property. Glad you ended up with things working out OK.

I also take pics of plates, etc. I also check when I come back to the car all around unless the Wife is with me in which case she checks the passenger side.

Now, I'm not saying I don't park places like the grocery and retails stores, but generally I drive my G8's not park them. Another way of saying that is a lot of my miles due to my situation are go out for a drive miles not work or running errand miles. Most errands end up being done in the AV (which has tupperware protection lol!)

Food for thought, many places have 24 hour surveillance these days. If something happens when you're not there, chances are it might be caught on the vendors security system.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Two Wheel Fun - 2005 Honda VTX1300C
Skyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #36
Sapper6

I am glad to see this, however unfortunate. As I thought I was the only one that saw this. All I can figure now a days is people are jealous of nice things. And if they canít have it, nor can you. It seems like baser instinct BS. Instead of aspiring to something they can appreciate itís easier to bring the other guy down. Like little kids in adult uniform.

On base I park away from people as well. After a few weeks people, out of nowhere, started parking where I did. So I changed yet again, and do so every few weeks. Now I lead them around the parking lot and I am sure they have no clue whatís going on. They are guaranteed to follow. All I can figure is its he herd mentality.

Itís like driving on cruise control for hundreds of miles and people will catch up to you and stay in your blind spot. You speed up for a few miles and they reset their position, back in your blind spot. Or you go to pass a car after you have been catching up to them for many miles and they want to suddenly speed up as you try to pass. People are on autopilot and have little or no situational awareness.
#1038 of the 1829

Sapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #37
frostopsy

You were 100% right. He was obviously trying to push your buttons by parking on top of your car. Maybe it will keep the guy from doing it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
frostopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #38
foreosu
Go fast grocery getter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMG8GT View Post
Always park at a curbspot... Reduces potential ******* moves from happening by 50% lol
This is my approach at work every morning. I also park in the back row to take away the opportunity for some J-O to pull through a spot and hit my rear bumper (came out from wok one night about a year ago and found someone's 1988 mercury cougar literally touching my back bumper. No damage, but I couldn't believe how oblivious some idiots can be).

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT
RotoFab CAI, Pace Setter long tube headers,
X-Pipe, Hooker Maxflow Axlebacks waiting to be installed, Cincy Speed dyno tune.

355 rwhp/370 lbs ft tq.

30% Tint, V8 6.0 Litre badges, Pontiac lettering debadge on the trunk
foreosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #39
DE DORSETT

I think we all can agree that the world is full of these jealous idiots. And as car guys we all have heard at least once " Well It's Just A Car!!!". Well it's not "just a car" it's MY car. I don't make the payments, the repairs or the maintainance on MY car, so someone can come along and disrespect my property. I put in the time and effort to have my car looking and running a certain way, if others can't respect that, they should stay home or walk!
DE DORSETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #40
Beelzebubba

Default Ummm...no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat63 View Post
If you park across 2 spots, you deserve what happens to you, IMO. That's just a bad move. AND it draws attention to your overvalued sense of self-importance. It's a dick move. Don't do it. I don't care if it's the last row of the lot, 3/4 of a mile from the front door.

Just find a nice remote spot on the end or by a divider like you said, and cheat way over to the 'safe' side.

Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement