Looky what I found on Ebay. - Page 3 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 
Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Sponsored by: Discount Tire

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
SittinDuck
Member
 
SittinDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 45
Default

The black ones are my favorite, when I decide I need new wheels this is the route I'm going. Wont be any time soon though. My factory 19's are doing just fine
__________________
2009 Liquid Red G8 GT Premium and Sport Package
Show: H&R Springs, GXP Diffusor, 3.5" tips, Debadged, Wrapped in 20% Tint
Go: Vararam Intake, Superchips Cortex, Mid Muffler Delete X-pipe, Solo Axleback
60' 2.32
1/8 mile 8.68 87mph
SittinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #42
1gr8ate
Senior Member
 
1gr8ate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 118
Default

His web site is shop.replicastwheels.com has them in 22x8.5 to I been looking at them myself. Only question is how close to oem do they look in you opinions?
1gr8ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #43
Gpdan
GM Enthusiast
 
Gpdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sylmar
Posts: 767
Default

Does anyone know of the weight of these wheels? Are they as heavy as the Camaro wheels?
__________________
Daniel - President of GMeternal Car Club

Gpdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #44
glugo1001
Site Sponsor
 
glugo1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpdan View Post
Does anyone know of the weight of these wheels? Are they as heavy as the Camaro wheels?
Approx. 34 lbs. for the 20 inch. About the same as the genuine wheels, IIRC.
__________________
2008 G8 GT Liquid Red w/Premium, Sport and moonroof Sold

My Cardomain site

http://www.replicastwheels.com
glugo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #45
G8V8
Capitol City G8
 
G8V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,965
Default

Like i said earlier, there were some replica HSV wheels made in Russia and some in China and some in Taiwan. I have seen several photos of some of the wheels cracking from normal use.

The silver/black ones I had were made by the same Taiwanese company that makes OEM VW wheels and I never had any problems with them. I got mine from Wheelworx-au.

The wheels posted on Ebay may be just fine but I would not buy any until I knew who made them and checked out the quality. Not trying to rain on anybody's parade. Some of the replica wheels are great. Just be careful and don't jump in blindly.

This photo is one of the Russian wheels that a certain "crazy" friend from australia posted a couple years ago. They were impossible to balance and rims and spokes were cracking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crackedwheel.jpg (26.0 KB, 90 views)
__________________

G8Board.Com 2010 G8 of the Year
Inaugural G8Board.com G8 of the Month, Jan 2010.

3rd place:All-GM Nationals 2008 & 2009
Celebrity Pick Award:All-GM Nationals 2010
Award of Excellence:All-GM Nationals 2010 & 2012
3rd in Class: Fall Classic Pontiac Show, JAX 2113

19" VMR701
RCR Ported Intake
P&P Heads
Roto-Fab

Pat G 218/226 .595/.605 114 LSA +3
V2 Brakes
Circle-D 6L80E

Kooks 1 7/8+Solo
Pedders V8 SC Coilover Track II
BMR Adj LCA & Links

3.27 Camaro Diff
DSS 1-piece Aluminum DS.
G8V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #46
glugo1001
Site Sponsor
 
glugo1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8V8 View Post
Like i said earlier, there were some replica HSV wheels made in Russia and some in China and some in Taiwan. I have seen several photos of some of the wheels cracking from normal use.

The silver/black ones I had were made by the same Taiwanese company that makes OEM VW wheels and I never had any problems with them. I got mine from Wheelworx-au.

The wheels posted on Ebay may be just fine but I would not buy any until I knew who made them and checked out the quality. Not trying to rain on anybody's parade. Some of the replica wheels are great. Just be careful and don't jump in blindly.

This photo is one of the Russian wheels that a certain "crazy" friend from australia posted a couple years ago. They were impossible to balance and rims and spokes were cracking.
Duly noted. And as mentioned several posts before, these replicas are made in a factory that also produces OEM wheels for the likes of Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc. They are VIA and JWL certified (same as most OEM wheels). Also, as mentioned before, these wheels carry a higher load rating than the OEM HSV wheels. Quality is assured and the seller offers 100% customer satisfaction.

For the record, I have met the chap who sold those Russian wheels and he got out of the HSV replica business 2 years ago after getting slapped with a lawsuit from HSV. FWIW, I have done months of research on this subject (including 2 trips to China to visit and inspect the factory) and have not simply cut and paste stuff from other websites by "crazy" posters with hidden agendas.

Would it shock you to know that one of the websites actually posts a picture of a cracked, genuine HSV wheel claiming it's a replica? Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
__________________
2008 G8 GT Liquid Red w/Premium, Sport and moonroof Sold

My Cardomain site

http://www.replicastwheels.com
glugo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
freezer41
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 54
Default

wow the gunmetal pentagons looks nice let me know when i can get those in 20x9.5
freezer41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #48
G8V8
Capitol City G8
 
G8V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,965
Default

Good. Sounds like you have done as much as could be expected.i did not see the earlier post but am glad you did youe due diligence. Sounds like yours are made well. I just didn't want guys who don't remember the problem from a couple years ago to jumpnig in without asking the right question first. You have answered all the questions i would have asked.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glugo1001 View Post
Duly noted. And as mentioned several posts before, these replicas are made in a factory that also produces OEM wheels for the likes of Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc. They are VIA and JWL certified (same as most OEM wheels). Also, as mentioned before, these wheels carry a higher load rating than the OEM HSV wheels. Quality is assured and the seller offers 100% customer satisfaction.

For the record, I have met the chap who sold those Russian wheels and he got out of the HSV replica business 2 years ago after getting slapped with a lawsuit from HSV. FWIW, I have done months of research on this subject (including 2 trips to China to visit and inspect the factory) and have not simply cut and paste stuff from other websites by "crazy" posters with hidden agendas.

Would it shock you to know that one of the websites actually posts a picture of a cracked, genuine HSV wheel claiming it's a replica? Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
__________________

G8Board.Com 2010 G8 of the Year
Inaugural G8Board.com G8 of the Month, Jan 2010.

3rd place:All-GM Nationals 2008 & 2009
Celebrity Pick Award:All-GM Nationals 2010
Award of Excellence:All-GM Nationals 2010 & 2012
3rd in Class: Fall Classic Pontiac Show, JAX 2113

19" VMR701
RCR Ported Intake
P&P Heads
Roto-Fab

Pat G 218/226 .595/.605 114 LSA +3
V2 Brakes
Circle-D 6L80E

Kooks 1 7/8+Solo
Pedders V8 SC Coilover Track II
BMR Adj LCA & Links

3.27 Camaro Diff
DSS 1-piece Aluminum DS.
G8V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #49
glugo1001
Site Sponsor
 
glugo1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8V8 View Post
Good. Sounds like you have done as much as could be expected.i did not see the earlier post but am glad you did youe due diligence. Sounds like yours are made well. I just didn't want guys who don't remember the problem from a couple years ago to jumpnig in without asking the right question first. You have answered all the questions i would have asked.
No problem. I fully expected this question would come up and I am glad you have asked the tough questions (believe me, I have asked these same tough questions many times!). I am a consumer too and would want to be fully informed before parting with my hard-earned money.

As a G8 enthusiast and a fellow member of this community who has wanted to see these wheels in the US for a long time, I wouldn't want to be associated with anything that was less than top quality. My personal integrity means too much to me. I'd rather sit home and dream of HSV wheels than be associated with anything shady.

It's all good, bro!
__________________
2008 G8 GT Liquid Red w/Premium, Sport and moonroof Sold

My Cardomain site

http://www.replicastwheels.com
glugo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #50
z28man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 102
Default

Glugo has been patient to answer all of my questions and mentioned the 9.5's wont fit on the front of our cars. I'm certain he knows better than I do, but I could sworn that I've seen people running a 20x9.5 wheel on the front with other wheels. Is the offset too high, too close to the suspension? I really want to run a wider wheel on the front but still like these even if we can only do the 8's on the front.
__________________
2008 IOM G8 GT
Mods...maybe...
z28man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #51
G8V8
Capitol City G8
 
G8V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glugo1001 View Post
No problem. I fully expected this question would come up and I am glad you have asked the tough questions (believe me, I have asked these same tough questions many times!). I am a consumer too and would want to be fully informed before parting with my hard-earned money.

As a G8 enthusiast and a fellow member of this community who has wanted to see these wheels in the US for a long time, I wouldn't want to be associated with anything that was less than top quality. My personal integrity means too much to me. I'd rather sit home and dream of HSV wheels than be associated with anything shady.

It's all good, bro!
Cool. Thanks for accepting my questions in the spirit in which they they were intended.

here is what mine looked like:


__________________

G8Board.Com 2010 G8 of the Year
Inaugural G8Board.com G8 of the Month, Jan 2010.

3rd place:All-GM Nationals 2008 & 2009
Celebrity Pick Award:All-GM Nationals 2010
Award of Excellence:All-GM Nationals 2010 & 2012
3rd in Class: Fall Classic Pontiac Show, JAX 2113

19" VMR701
RCR Ported Intake
P&P Heads
Roto-Fab

Pat G 218/226 .595/.605 114 LSA +3
V2 Brakes
Circle-D 6L80E

Kooks 1 7/8+Solo
Pedders V8 SC Coilover Track II
BMR Adj LCA & Links

3.27 Camaro Diff
DSS 1-piece Aluminum DS.
G8V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #52
mykal
Senior Member
 
mykal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 413
Default

freezer41, I believe the Pentagons do come in the 9.5, only in the rears though. I'm thinking of these myself. G8V8, what did you do with your Aussie rims since you have the VMRs on the car now? And thanks for asking the questions I wouldn't know to ask.
__________________
_________________

09 PBM G8 GT
Rotofab, Kooks Mids w/Hiflow cats, Solo Axleback, VMS ECM/TCM Tune
Blacked out grill surrounds/window trim/door handles, Debadged, Tinted
Matte Black MRR GT7's 9.5 x 19, H&R Springs
mykal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #53
franki07ss
Member
 
franki07ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Default

i love all these wheels
franki07ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #54
Blitz
Senior Member
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: White HOTLanta
Posts: 1,603
Default

Any plans for an HSV W427 rep?
Blitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #55
glugo1001
Site Sponsor
 
glugo1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Any plans for an HSV W427 rep?
Sorry, but no. Not enough demand in Oz to justify producing the mold.
__________________
2008 G8 GT Liquid Red w/Premium, Sport and moonroof Sold

My Cardomain site

http://www.replicastwheels.com
glugo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #56
glugo1001
Site Sponsor
 
glugo1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer41 View Post
wow the gunmetal pentagons looks nice let me know when i can get those in 20x9.5
Expected around February.
__________________
2008 G8 GT Liquid Red w/Premium, Sport and moonroof Sold

My Cardomain site

http://www.replicastwheels.com
glugo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #57
WiderIsBetter
Senior Member
 
WiderIsBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glugo1001 View Post
Expected around February.
Great news!
WiderIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #58
Blitz
Senior Member
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: White HOTLanta
Posts: 1,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glugo1001 View Post
Sorry, but no. Not enough demand in Oz to justify producing the mold.
Awww, you're crushing my dreams.

ZL1's? lol
Blitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #59
glugo1001
Site Sponsor
 
glugo1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Awww, you're crushing my dreams.

ZL1's? lol
Lol, sorry, but the Oz market drives what is produced since that is where the numbers are.

ZL1s? Stay tuned...
__________________
2008 G8 GT Liquid Red w/Premium, Sport and moonroof Sold

My Cardomain site

http://www.replicastwheels.com
glugo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #60
z28man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glugo1001 View Post
Lol, sorry, but the Oz market drives what is produced since that is where the numbers are.

ZL1s? Stay tuned...
Anymore info on ZL1's? I've seen a couple places offering them and the price is good and you can run 9 inch up front and 10 in back. Just wondering if the offsets will work for us. I think the 20x9's were 30 offset and the 20x10's were 35.
__________________
2008 IOM G8 GT
Mods...maybe...
z28man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2007-2008, G8Board.com

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.