New Grand National and GNX - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > Lounge

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
pic18
Enthusiast

These pictures are just somebody's photoshopped idea of what the car will look like. It's not a spy shot.
2009 G8GT Corsa exhaust, VMR710 wheels, Window Tint, Red/Black steering wheel and shifter, Sliding Center Console Pad, Holden radiator cover, CAA Floor Mats, Pontiac Trunk Liner, center console light, glove box light, Video in Motion from JHP, SLP Spoiler, Holden Black window trims, painted door handles, painted engine cover, GXP Front end, CF shorty antenna

2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
pic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #22
RBRTG8GT

I think it should be a coupe if they bring back the GNX. I hope thats not the rear of the car cause it looks like a BMW 3 series but the hood is a nice touch.
RBRTG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #23
Dousail2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMaine1 View Post
You don't turn in the G8! That's an instant classic (I don't care what they say.) You simply add to the collection!
Yes because you have to remember that the ATS is smaller than the CTS and the CTS is smaller than the G8, so you are going from an really nice sized sedan to a compact sedan. I wouldn't trade my G8 that is for sure!

Every Pontiac I have owned I wish I still had. The 77 Can Am (a very rare car, original owner for 25 years), the 77 Astra (should have put a V8 in it when the iron duke let loose), the 69 GTO (should have stood my ground with the wife, why not a boat and a car in the driveway), the 2001 TA WS6 M6 (should have bought the G8 outright and kept it for what I got as a trade in). Too many people on this board have sold and regetted it. I will never find myself saying "I should have kept the G8". Won't happen, because I'm not getting rid of this one. I've learned form the past mistakes; it's time to start the collection.
VMR Solar Rain V701 Staggered 19x9.5+50 & 19x8.5+35, Hankook V12 285/35 & 255/40
Stoptech, HPS, 12.27 sec 114.6 mph 1/4, 1.96 60ft

Put Jesus Christ in the drivers seat
Dousail2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #24
lonewolfz28
Master Sheep Hurdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMaine1 View Post
You don't turn in the G8! That's an instant classic (I don't care what they say.) You simply add to the collection!
If I could afford to simply add to the collection I would. However, that's not going to happen.

Besides, with nearly 100K on the odometer and a completely aftermarket suspension, there's no "instant classic" in my car's future. It's a machine that I've had a lot of fun modding and driving over the years.

There was a time when I thought it was the last of a breed and that I'd hang onto it until it or I died. With the Chevy SS coming out and now maybe this, it's obvious that the G8 is not the last of the breed. It's a machine and is replaceable. So, right back at you.
Mods: Superchips Cortex tune; Modded New Era OTR CAI; HSRK; Custom intake heat shield; Baer Front BBK; BMR Adjustable Rear LCA's, Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Sway Bars/Sway Bar Links & Poly Strut Mounts; Pedders Front LCA's, Shocks and Poly Rear Sub-frame, Rear Upper Arm & Differential Bushings; Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 265/40-18 tires.
lonewolfz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #25
Xeqshnr

WOW, sick! Loved these cars back in the day!
Xeqshnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #26
Xeqshnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousail2 View Post
Yes because you have to remember that the ATS is smaller than the CTS and the CTS is smaller than the G8, so you are going from an really nice sized sedan to a compact sedan. I wouldn't trade my G8 that is for sure!

Every Pontiac I have owned I wish I still had. The 77 Can Am (a very rare car, original owner for 25 years), the 77 Astra (should have put a V8 in it when the iron duke let loose), the 69 GTO (should have stood my ground with the wife, why not a boat and a car in the driveway), the 2001 TA WS6 M6 (should have bought the G8 outright and kept it for what I got as a trade in). Too many people on this board have sold and regetted it. I will never find myself saying "I should have kept the G8". Won't happen, because I'm not getting rid of this one. I've learned form the past mistakes; it's time to start the collection.
Thats a nice list of Pontiacs! Especially the Can Am!
Xeqshnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #27
DaMaine1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfz28 View Post
If I could afford to simply add to the collection I would. However, that's not going to happen.

Besides, with nearly 100K on the odometer and a completely aftermarket suspension, there's no "instant classic" in my car's future. It's a machine that I've had a lot of fun modding and driving over the years.

There was a time when I thought it was the last of a breed and that I'd hang onto it until it or I died. With the Chevy SS coming out and now maybe this, it's obvious that the G8 is not the last of the breed. It's a machine and is replaceable. So, right back at you.
Touche!
2009 G8 GXP SRM, HomeLink Visor MOD, Wheel Well Infinity 12" Kappa Sub, Infinity Reference1600a Mono Sub Amp. Infinity 6022i Door speakers in all 4 doors, Infinity REF860 Subs in rear deck. JHP VIM, Back up Camera, Car PC with touch Screen operation, GPS Navigation, Sling Box connectivity, and HD Radio integration.
GTPrix's Re-programmed Atari Gauges, 7" Dual headrest Monitors, VCM OTR CAI
DaMaine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
Back in a Pontiac

I consider the 1989 GTA turbo anniversary the most collectable of modern pontiacs and they are only worth so much. Clean GNs seem to fetch more money but I would rather have the GTA
Back in a Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #29
r1owner
That's ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in a Pontiac View Post
I consider the 1989 GTA turbo anniversary the most collectable of modern pontiacs and they are only worth so much. Clean GNs seem to fetch more money but I would rather have the GTA
+1. I'd also like to have an 89 Turbo Grand Prix.
2009 PSM GXP A6 #1803/1829 sold
r1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #30
g8eh!

Considering that Cadillac is GM's top luxury car, do you think that this car would be cheaper to buy than an ATS? Thus becoming "A Poor Man's Caddy".
g8eh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
bostonf4$

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1owner View Post
+1. I'd also like to have an 89 Turbo Grand Prix.
I owned a 1990 Grand Prix that looked exactly like the one in the attached pic, but had a trunk lid rack/spoiler and the paint was nicer. It had a column shifter and front bench seats, and it was owned by a GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealer master tech. He swapped in the 3.1 turbo motor, so this was a VERY rare car - 1990 Grand Prix SE w/ a turbo swap motor, bench seats, and column shift!

MAN I wish I still had that car...too bad I totaled it like the dumb teenager I was...I thought it was sooooo fast (and it was for back then), miss that car big time.
'08 GT sport/premium, tints 20/35, 18" TSW nogaros w/ bridgestone blizzak winter, 19" sport oem w/ hankook evo summer, Philips crystalvision bulbs, debadged, Vararam OTR, JBA 1-3/4" LT's, ported TB, MF axlebacks, MF X-pipe, DBA-powerslot brakes, russel SS lines, hawk ceramic pads, GXP shocks/struts, lovells poly strut mounts, Slowhawk Tuned 344/356

Gone -'04 GTO A4 2.5" custom exhaust, sweet thunder muffs, H pipe, Z06 heads, Baer brake it, 20% tints, torrid red, AEM brute force intake, tuned
bostonf4$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #32
bostonf4$

turbo prix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1990 grand prix.jpg (19.0 KB, 31 views)
'08 GT sport/premium, tints 20/35, 18" TSW nogaros w/ bridgestone blizzak winter, 19" sport oem w/ hankook evo summer, Philips crystalvision bulbs, debadged, Vararam OTR, JBA 1-3/4" LT's, ported TB, MF axlebacks, MF X-pipe, DBA-powerslot brakes, russel SS lines, hawk ceramic pads, GXP shocks/struts, lovells poly strut mounts, Slowhawk Tuned 344/356

Gone -'04 GTO A4 2.5" custom exhaust, sweet thunder muffs, H pipe, Z06 heads, Baer brake it, 20% tints, torrid red, AEM brute force intake, tuned
bostonf4$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #33
Thrustie

I'm gonna puke if the GN is a hit and has turbocharged V8

My first 3 cars were buicks and I searched and searched for a mint GN before my G8. I really don't want to give up the G8, but I may have to.
Thrustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
Skyview

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8eh! View Post
Considering that Cadillac is GM's top luxury car, do you think that this car would be cheaper to buy than an ATS? Thus becoming "A Poor Man's Caddy".
You can look at it from top down ATS to Buicks or bottom up from Regal GS to GN/T-Type/GNX. Considering what a Regal GS goes for, I think it's fairly safe to assume these cars will be fairly expensive since they will likely be well beyond the GS in terms of performance. The GS starts at close to $36K before options, topping out close to $40K I believe. I'm betting the Alpha Buicks will start around $40K+ and go up from there. So, they may be more expensive than SOME ATS models, but will definitely be less expensive than an ATS-V.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, Tune, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Two Wheel Fun - 2005 Honda VTX1300C
Skyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #35
madmax 08

I like it quite a bit, but wouldn't trade my G8in for one unless it came with a V8 and all the front end issues with the steering wheel shake were resolved.
Headlight Armor
GXP diffuser
GXP steering wheel
Debadged
madmax 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #36
lonewolfz28
Master Sheep Hurdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax 08 View Post
I like it quite a bit, but wouldn't trade my G8in for one unless it came with a V8 and all the front end issues with the steering wheel shake were resolved.
The ATS has a steering wheel shake problem?
Mods: Superchips Cortex tune; Modded New Era OTR CAI; HSRK; Custom intake heat shield; Baer Front BBK; BMR Adjustable Rear LCA's, Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Sway Bars/Sway Bar Links & Poly Strut Mounts; Pedders Front LCA's, Shocks and Poly Rear Sub-frame, Rear Upper Arm & Differential Bushings; Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 265/40-18 tires.
lonewolfz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #37
madmax 08

I don't know, but if it does and the GN is going to be based on it, I'm just simply saying I wouldn't trade my car that has the intermittent shake for another car that has it also. The ATS could be glass smooth for all I know.
Headlight Armor
GXP diffuser
GXP steering wheel
Debadged
madmax 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #38
Skyview

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax 08 View Post
I don't know, but if it does and the GN is going to be based on it, I'm just simply saying I wouldn't trade my car that has the intermittent shake for another car that has it also. The ATS could be glass smooth for all I know.
Not that I am aware of. Everything I have seen and read thus far heaps praises on the steering, handling, and chassis in general. Only shortcomings thus far seem to be the manual tranny and CUE.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, Tune, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #39
PERM01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in a Pontiac View Post
I consider the 1989 TTA turbo anniversary the most collectable of modern pontiacs and they are only worth so much. Clean GNs seem to fetch more money but I would rather have the GTA
Fixed it for you.

Love the idea of the car but I am not sure about GN name being used on a sedan. I am interested though.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #40
Skyview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERM01 View Post
Fixed it for you.

Love the idea of the car but I am not sure about GN name being used on a sedan. I am interested though.
It would not surprise me if they were able to make a 2 door coupe from this. My guess is there are already plans to do it for the ATS at some point anyway to better match it's main target (3 series) oh wait, I think it might be 4 series now since I think they are splitting out the coupes from sedans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement