Engine blown L76 - Page 4 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > V8 Engine Tech (L76/LS3)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #61
thebeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpLiciTSainT View Post
Haha I actually decided to lower the PSI to 10 instead of 15. Trying to keep the power at 600rwhp until I upgrade the transmission and drive lines.
Smart choice. I'm at 9.5 and it is plenty for me now
11.6 at 123 1.92 60ft
New numbers coming soon..........
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #62
PSMG8GT

Even then, that csrs going to be a completely different animal. Daily driver 10 sec sedan, that's an accomplishmnent
GXP DIFFUSER
FULLY DEBADGED
TSW NURBURGRING 20X8.5/9.5 WITH NITTO INVO 255/35 285/30
PSMG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #63
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
Smart choice. I'm at 9.5 and it is plenty for me now
Couldn't agree more. 600 might be too much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMG8GT View Post
Even then, that csrs going to be a completely different animal. Daily driver 10 sec sedan, that's an accomplishmnent
I'm looking forward to it, I'm super excited! ��

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 632/530 Mustang Dyno
ExpLiciTSainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #64
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Pistons should be here this week. Cam is being created over the next two weeks. Valves, springs, DOD delete kit, gaskets, ARP head studs, and push rods are on order. ARP Main studs are at the machine shop. New Camaro pan and wide mouth filter on order for the transmission. Replacement Procharger crank bolt, pin and washer on their way. Just received the EFI Live programmer from Patrick G.

Now that I think about it, I should order new header bolts and gaskets since I still use the stock ones.

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #65
JESUSFREAK702

Wow. What a read. Your dilemma is a rare one. Very easy to get really mad and scream and holler (which won't accomplish anything). In the end, it's your character that defines you. I can see that you're a man of integrity, and that is becoming increasingly hard to find these days. Kudo's to you on handling yourself like a gentleman...

I guess at the end of the day I secretly wish my motor would explode so I could do some "repairs" to it also.

I can hear my wife now:

Wife: "Wow babe, your car is much faster after the engine was replaced"

Me: "Yep. The old supercharger must not have been working right"
Pacesetter LTH 1 3/4
cat delete
Pypes Violators w/magnaflow x pipe

Staggered 20" STR101
245/35R20 and 275/30R20 Delinte D7
D2 Coilovers
5% tint

JESUSFREAK702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #66
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Lol thanks man, made me laugh.

I actually sent the guy a follow up e-mail informing him I found out it was for fact a tune issue. It was proven by my machinist, and a few ASE mechanics. I gave him an opportunity to make it right and he hasn't responded yet (sent a week ago). If he fails to respond and continues to be shady, then I will be forced to warn others through-out the forums I visit.

Like I told him, problems and mistakes happen, but it is how you respond to the issue to make it right.

So, for now, avoid Speed Secrets in WA state. Poor business ethics and lack of knowledge with our PCM/Large injectors. Of course, if you want to be forced to buy a new engine, maybe you want to go there! lol

Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #67
JESUSFREAK702

Quote:
Lol thanks man, made me laugh.

I actually sent the guy a follow up e-mail informing him I found out it was for fact a tune issue. It was proven by my machinist, and a few ASE mechanics. I gave him an opportunity to make it right and he hasn't responded yet (sent a week ago). If he fails to respond and continues to be shady, then I will be forced to warn others through-out the forums I visit.

Like I told him, problems and mistakes happen, but it is how you respond to the issue to make it right.

So, for now, avoid Speed Secrets in WA state. Poor business ethics and lack of knowledge with our PCM/Large injectors. Of course, if you want to be forced to buy a new engine, maybe you want to go there! lol
Say the word! I have a location in Sumner, WA that deals with most auto shops in the northwest. I will have the manager put that place on BLAST! Word travels extremely fast in the auto business.
Pacesetter LTH 1 3/4
cat delete
Pypes Violators w/magnaflow x pipe

Staggered 20" STR101
245/35R20 and 275/30R20 Delinte D7
D2 Coilovers
5% tint

JESUSFREAK702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #68
Ben2009GT

Wow sorry you got the shaft from Ellis, I'll do my best to get the word out on this issue. Not good Thats why I went with Patrick G because he couldn't get my car running right or trans shifting also. I know of at least three other Local G8 owners who have switch to Patrick G from Speed Secrets. Wow
2009 G8 GT 6.0L V8,PSP,TSP LS3 225/230 Cam, PRC LS3 255CC CNC Heads,Trunion Rocker Upgrade,Circle D Stall 3200-3400,Trans Cooler,3.27 Diff,UDP, 1 7/8 OBX LT SS 3"Magnaflow AB,Volant K&N CAI,Patrick G Tune,Lovells Shocks/Struts Gas Legend,Eibach Pro Kit Springs,BMR Sub Frame Conn,Spohn Tunnel Brace, BMR Fr/Rr Sway Bars,PMT Rear Trailing Arms/Toe Links, Brembo's Front,Russell Street Legal Brake Line Braided,GXP Diffuser,Oil Catch Can,SS Rim's,ExtremeContact DWS 245/35/20-285/30/20
Ben2009GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #69
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

I know of a person on this board who was tuned by him for 335rwhp and he had a cam (I have the video of this guy doing a dyno, but being respectful and not posting his name without his permission). I put down 354rwhp on the same dyno right after him. He later had his car tuned by the person who ran the dyno and his car put down ~375rwhp. So, with your 3 friends, yourself, myself, and the person I know... that's 6 people who had bad issues with him. I only know one person who said he did great work, which was the first person who recommended him to me.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #70
youngrushhour
Slow and moderately happy

Glad you guys are being vocal about this.

OP -- you should post this on LS1Tech. Get the word out. ****, even put a complaint in with the BBB (who cares if he is registered or not?).

2013 Mustang GT (Sterling Gray / Saddle) -- Purchased (8/3/13)
Bassani Axleback | Blown in 2014?

2009 G8 GT - 440 / 438 (Stryker Blue / Onyx) -- Sold (8/3/13)
Far from stock.
youngrushhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #71
Ben2009GT

Now you got me wondering if his trans tune is why my trans went bad. He told me nothing he did on the tune caused my trans to go bad. Drank that Kool-Aid on that one for sure. Dam
2009 G8 GT 6.0L V8,PSP,TSP LS3 225/230 Cam, PRC LS3 255CC CNC Heads,Trunion Rocker Upgrade,Circle D Stall 3200-3400,Trans Cooler,3.27 Diff,UDP, 1 7/8 OBX LT SS 3"Magnaflow AB,Volant K&N CAI,Patrick G Tune,Lovells Shocks/Struts Gas Legend,Eibach Pro Kit Springs,BMR Sub Frame Conn,Spohn Tunnel Brace, BMR Fr/Rr Sway Bars,PMT Rear Trailing Arms/Toe Links, Brembo's Front,Russell Street Legal Brake Line Braided,GXP Diffuser,Oil Catch Can,SS Rim's,ExtremeContact DWS 245/35/20-285/30/20
Ben2009GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #72
Nothin_But_Tail_Lights

When I was talking to you in the other thread, I didn't know all this had happened to you. That sucks, but look on the bright side, you got to make a beast out of it! I had plans for beefing up my driveline and going for quite a bit more power. But after driving mine as a daily driver at nearly 600rwhp for a bit now, i've pretty much come to the conclusion that more power with a daily driver would serve no purpose other than dyno queen bragging rights lol. I have a lot of trouble hooking at as it is, all the extra HP from here would be put to no use. Ya, i'm sure it would help me from 100mph up, but honestly how often are you going that fast. But anyway, I hope your build turns out great bud.

2009 Red G8 GT - Daily driver
Maggie 2300 @ 9 psi with rear 1:1 cog drive, KB BAP, Livernois Stage 1 Cam Kit, 3 Bar Map, Milled Heads, Ported TB & Intake, Doug Thorley LT headers, Borla exhaust, Roto Fab CAI, Eibach lowering Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, GXP Front Fascia and Rear Diffuser, Tuned by Livernois Motorsports...
592rwhp & 544rwtq

Nothin_But_Tail_Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #73
Bo White

Quote:
Thanks man!

Headed into C&D in Kirkland, WA to drop off some cash and checkout the block!

Here are some pic of the block being machined with the torque plate on so it can be bored.

If you ever need machine work done in WA, these guys are the best and spend a ton of time showing you the process. From Patrick G, to Chuck at C&D, to Procharger, each company has been amazingly helpful and patient.
I personally like having both torque plates on while honing but one is close enough
So you decide to stroke it or do rods and pistons, I missed that part.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #74
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I personally like having both torque plates on while honing but one is close enough
So you decide to stroke it or do rods and pistons, I missed that part.
Hehe, yeah he used two.

It's going to have a bore and I'm doing rods and pistons. I'm keep the stock crank shaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2009GT
Now you got me wondering if his trans tune is why my trans went bad. He told me nothing he did on the tune caused my trans to go bad. Drank that Kool-Aid on that one for sure. Dam
The transmission shifted weird in auto with his tune and shifted normal in manual mode. No idea if he only changed S-mode or not. I can say that he spent time looking into researching the "correct" settings suggesting he didn't know from experience. I have my tune posted in this thread in the OP. You can use that to ask people what they think of that tune.

When my brother talked to him on the phone after the car broke, he kept catching him in lies about how the car broke. It was a lot harder to explain how it went bad with an ASE mechanic. He went out of his way to find other ways for things to cause the problem, all things which were proven not to be the cause. From heads lifting, to something inside my intake... neither of these were the issue as there were clear signs of the car running lean with intake valves being bent and an exhaust valve melted through.

I will be completely fine with him losing $5k in business, like I lost in repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin_But_Tail_Lights
When I was talking to you in the other thread, I didn't know all this had happened to you. That sucks, but look on the bright side, you got to make a beast out of it! I had plans for beefing up my driveline and going for quite a bit more power. But after driving mine as a daily driver at nearly 600rwhp for a bit now, i've pretty much come to the conclusion that more power with a daily driver would serve no purpose other than dyno queen bragging rights lol. I have a lot of trouble hooking at as it is, all the extra HP from here would be put to no use. Ya, i'm sure it would help me from 100mph up, but honestly how often are you going that fast. But anyway, I hope your build turns out great bud.
Yeah, I was pretty upset, yet slightly excited. I'm doing what I always wanted to do but it's very expensive. I could have spent my money and time rebuilding the rear end and transmission. But as you mention, that might be a waste of power. For road racing, 600rwhp is going to be a lot to handle, even my 354rwhp N/A engine spun loose a few times. I'm currently looking at getting smaller rims that are wider, which hold cheap R-Comp tires so I can burn through them without freaking out. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrushhour
Glad you guys are being vocal about this.

OP -- you should post this on LS1Tech. Get the word out. ****, even put a complaint in with the BBB (who cares if he is registered or not?).
I will be posted on LS1Tech, the other board, LSX board, Camaro5 board, and several others if he doesn't respond this week. I waited until I confirmed with proof that it was the tuners fault and waited until he had an opportunity of reasonable time to respond. I don't want him snaking out of this in a thread by saying he didn't have that chance. Well, he has had many now. After my engine failed, I towed the car up for him to look at, and I gave him a chance then. I asked if he'd R&R the engine, and then he offered a 20% discount. I said that wasn't good enough and I'd rather do it on my own. At that point, I didn't know for sure it was him and I didn't want to force him to cover costs that he wasn't responsible for. When I was towing my car back, he said (referring to some other shop) that problems happen and it's how they respond which is important. Here I am, multiple e-mails, phone calls, even towed my car, and he has offered only a 20% discount for R&R.

Last edited by ExpLiciTSainT; 11-28-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #75
08G8V8

I'm extremely sorry this happened, and yes I am the one who referred you to Ellis and feel very bad that this happened. I was in the same situation as you when I had my supercharger installed, I wanted a local tuner and had already been to Carb Conn for a remote tune with Vector who was originally tuning me, but the process was really a pain. I actually had called and talked with PatG a couple of times, but this was before he was using the AutoCal to do remote tunes. I didn't want to do the remote dyno tune with Carb Conn, but probably could have worked. I was referred to Ellis and went with that.

You wanted a local tune, and were looking to go with Carb Conn, and I can tell you that would have been a mistake. Ben2009GT above went to them after a dyno day we had, and they never even tuned his TCM, just the ECM! And charged him for a full tune! I didn't want you to get the same treatment, based on what you said you were wanting. I did mention PatG, but you wanted a local tuner, and I FULLY understand that. I wanted the same. But, besides Ellis and Carb Conn, the only other tuner in the area that gets referred by folks is TJ Wong in Portland. There is another forum member who mainly uses the G R R R R 8 site, that had a cam installed and tuned by TJ, but ended up going to PatG to resolve issues that could never get resolved.

I have had issues with my tune, and I have been back to Ellis multiple times to have things fixed, but I do still have issues. But, my AFR has always been pretty dead nuts, as I have a wideband installed. I have no clue why his AFR for the tune could have been so far off on your car.

I have new injectors that I need to install and get retuned, and knew your car was at his shop, and I wanted to have him finish your car then get in to him to work on mine. I have been off the forums for awhile, and saw you post this and my heart sank.....I am TRUELY sorry!

I will be getting my injectors installed and will be going with PatG to retune me, but I have some issues to work out on that front. At this point, I am going to be holding off until early next year to pursue this route though.

Again, I was only trying to help with your wish to go with a local tuner. Hope you don't hold any hard feelings toward me for this. But, like you have seen, there have been a number of folks who have been to Ellis and moved on to PatG and are extremely happy. I can tell you I have spent a ton on tunes, and wish I could have done it all the right way right from the start. Steve, the moderator of the G R R R R 8 site was actually trying to get PatG to come to the Seattle area to do a dyno tune session, and I really wish that could have happened, but we are a rare breed up here in the PNW area!

We need to meet up when you get this beast up and running.

Jeff
2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Patrick G cam, Lonnies Double Pumper, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, Patrick G Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Street II, VMR V713 wheels, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed.......
08G8V8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #76
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

I just replied to your a PM about this and like I was saying there, no hard feelings and this isn't your fault, it's mine for not yanking my car out after he postponed for so long. I do appreciate the heart felt apology though... and I look forward to meeting up with you at some G8 event. One of my best friends just purchased his G8, so now our friends circle has 2.

As for CarbConn, I've heard nothing about bad things and I'm sure the results would have been just as bad with them.

I'm looking forward to working with Patrick G, that's for sure.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #77
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

I just posted in the LSXNation, so feel free to reply to it or add to it.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #78
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Teaser photos!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #79
Silver Bullet
Super Moderator

Shiny!!!

Looks like your about to be playing with the big boys!

Mods: Brembos, OBX Headers to Maxflows, VCM, RCR Intake, HSRK, LS7 Maf and tuned by Pat G.
In The Garage: Yank 2800 stall, SLP UDP
10.59 at 100.31 in the 1000.....8.33 at 88.13 in the 1/8....1.99 60 ft

Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #80
ExpLiciTSainT
Cars are my hobby...

Man, if I only had another 5 - 6K to throw at the car... I would be tempted to have a drag tune and a road course tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement