E63 AMG - Tie! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Racing > Kill Section

Kill Section “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.”

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 12-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
BigZub

Default E63 AMG - Tie!

So, I rolled through Arby's after spending the day with my mom, who is in a rehab center after a nasty fall on Thursday, and pulled out of the lot with a #2 Roast Beef sandwich in hand. Munching on that nice, hot, sammy, I roll up on an E63, I think it was the last vintage. Tinted windows, black wheels, nice sounding exhaust, we leave the light with me behind him. Rolling past some traffic, I get out in front of him and the car in front of him clears.

I move over to the right and put it in Sport mode and ESC off, and he comes up. We're doing about 50, and he hits it just before I did.

He pulls a fender on me, but does not pull on me AT ALL...matter of fact, I'm making that fender back up!! I'm right with him, going around a left curve (so, technically, the longer path!). His girl is in the passenger side looking over, and I look at her and take a nice bite out of my sandwich and smile. She's cracking up, and gives me a thumbs up!

We run up to about 110 and just as I pull even with him, we have to slow for the light and traffic ahead. I give him a thumbs up and he slides over and takes the right.

Each and every day, I am just more impressed with this car! I freaking love that I hung with a much more expensive ride!!! I love the sound of those Mercs, too!

Wish I could have raced him from a dig....
'09 Pontiac G8 GXP, A6, Sunroof, MGM, #1664 of 1829
GMM RAMJET OTR CAI, Livernois E/TCM Tune, Kooks 1-7/8" LTs, catted mid-pipe, Hooker Polished SS MaxFlow mufflers - 394RWHP/386RWT
BMR Rear LCA's, stabilizer bars, end links, front LCA bushings, rear toe links and trailing arms, Pedders Street II kit, including subframe and diff bushings.
Hawk Ceramic pads, Brake Performance slotted and dimpled rotors, Russell stainless lines, Super Blue fluid.
Best 1/4 time - 12.52 @ 114.47, 1.94 60ft.
BigZub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Bo White

I think thats awesome.......biting a sandwich......epic.
I done that years ago but I was drinking a Mountain Dew, had it turned up when I went by.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
g8maiden

That's hilarious! Nice run
  • 2009 G8 GT Silver Metallic- Pat G Tune, Rotofab Intake, Kooks 1 7/8 LT'S With Catted X-Pipe, Underdrive Pulley, Rick Crawford's Ported Intake Manifold And Ported/ Milled Heads, 217/225 Custom Cam, Circle D 3000 Stall, Trans Cooler, DOD Delete, BMR Rear Subframe Bushing
g8maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
601hotboy

Thats how you do it!!! That would have been great for a commercial. lol. Good race.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
RockyMtG8GT
Somewhere between Jr & Sr

Nice race... But Arby's?? Gross....
;-)
Pat G tuned
UPR catch can
19" Avant Garde M310's
RockyMtG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
richsfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601hotboy View Post
Thats how you do it!!! That would have been great for a commercial. lol. Good race.
So true and the sandwich bite makes a good story even better
Whenever I silence a noise my car is making, another one, that was masked by the first becomes apparent. The only universal repair is to dramatically increase the volume of the radio, purchasing a good aftermarket subwoofer and amp if your car also suffers from as yet undiagnosed clunks or vibrations.
richsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
DavesWhiteHot

Nice run! I never posted about this but I also had a run a few weeks back with a 2011-2012 CLS E63 AMG. It was the one with the bi-turbo 5.5L v8, likely the 518 hp version. From 30-90 we were dead tied and neither pulled an inch. While I wasn't eating a sandwich, I was still very happy lol!!

Bo, hope you got my text from earlier. We are out of town this weekend.

***SOLD :"( ***
'09 White Hot G8 GT, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), Pat G tune, HSRK, Rotofab CAI, Magnaflow Catback, DT Tri-Y LT's, Rick Crawford intake, throttle body, and ported/milled heads, stock gears & stock stall, H & R springs, Lovells poly strut mounts, VMR V710 wheels, 11.86 @ 120.32 mph (1.94 60')
DavesWhiteHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
Bo White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtG8GT View Post
Nice race... But Arby's?? Gross....
;-)

I even eat Arbys roast beefs without sauce

Dont mean to hijack but when I was a kid I loved Hardees, couldnt stand Arbys. Something changed with Hardees back about 15 years ago(roast beef was changed, atleast locally anyway) and Arbys redone theres and been with them ever since. Not like I eat it all the time, maybe a half a dozen times a year, but Im thinkin Arbys
Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
BigZub

Thanks. And yes, Arby's. About 10 times a year for me, and I like their plain roast beef, no sauce as well. Just beef and bun!

I'm having some suspension issues, and when I get my new shop, I'm going to do some more mods during the winter...axles first, then likely a cam/heads package. Would love to do a blower, but may not be able to swing it until next summer....
'09 Pontiac G8 GXP, A6, Sunroof, MGM, #1664 of 1829
GMM RAMJET OTR CAI, Livernois E/TCM Tune, Kooks 1-7/8" LTs, catted mid-pipe, Hooker Polished SS MaxFlow mufflers - 394RWHP/386RWT
BMR Rear LCA's, stabilizer bars, end links, front LCA bushings, rear toe links and trailing arms, Pedders Street II kit, including subframe and diff bushings.
Hawk Ceramic pads, Brake Performance slotted and dimpled rotors, Russell stainless lines, Super Blue fluid.
Best 1/4 time - 12.52 @ 114.47, 1.94 60ft.
BigZub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement