I'm very curious about this - 2 stroke marine oil as additive for fuel - Page 4 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > V8 Engine Tech (L76/LS3)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #61
MeanGreenZ71

Ive been running a ratio of 1 oz to 10 gallons of fuel. Added some to my foxbody last night. I can always tell the difference too because it idles smoother. Mileage gains are minimal if any but a little top cylinder lube never hurt on a 23 year old car....

Current: Pypes Violators, Magnaflow 12468 "Drone Killer" in midpipe, Spectre CAI, Cortex, UPR Catch Can, VG Sharkfin, LEDs, Smoked Bumper Lenses, Morimoto 4300K HIDs, V6 Taillights, Redline Armrest Cover, Rear Aux Cables, Autodim Mirror, Pontiac Trunk Mat

Future: Window Tint, Headers, GXP diffuser, Cam?

MeanGreenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #62
todds87ss
Car RamRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
..And your proof of this stuff not working is that a diesel can burn tranny fluid and gasoline engines can't?

Your post is lunacy. There are folks over at Maxima.org that have proven lower db levels and smoother running engines. I don't need to post those results over here. There's not much to say for mileage because everyone has a different foot.

Just because you or some other skeptics don't believe it, doesn't mean it doesn't work so if you don't really care to read the pages and pages of info regarding this stuff, don't even comment. It's clear some people here are just about what they can get from this forum rather than give. Every forum has folks like this and IMO they're leeches. They will take, take and take and never give anything back to the forum or it's members. There are also people that seem to get a hard on for trying to degrade a thread by showing their ignorance and it's sad.

Also, I never called anyone stupid so don't put words in my mouth. This stuff is working as other has posted so shame on you for not doing the research for yourself. Soon as someone posts something about bolt on ****, people are all over it like government cheese but someone comes with something a little out of the ordinary, it's shunned. Let one of the forum pioneers use it and give their positive results then folks will be all over it.

I also clearly said, I'm not doing it for mileage gains. I'm doing it for all the other good properties TCW3 provides. I don't have to prove anything, it's already proven.
I stand corrected...sure, us leeches should have no opinion...and we know nothing (how many times have you had your G8 engine apart, designed components and modified existing ones? I'm currently running an LS6 cam in a motor never designed for it as a science experiment).
As I have said, and others who have tried this have posted: there is not a singe evidenciery component to this, only that the car will "idle smoother". I, having seen the destruction that other snake oil products produce, will continue to be the voice of the downtrodden, the abused, the many who do not like internet tom-foolery! (although I was just about to add 1 ounce of water to my intake...I heard it will lower combustion temps and reduce knock) .

and no, my point of the superduty story was that in one were to add some to a DIESEL SD, there would ACTUALLY be no harm...

I also did not state that your post was lunacy. I wrote that your opinion that all one needed to do was read YOUR post and learn was lunacy. I think one should indeed read and learn...start with the owners manual and work up from there.

If anyone will just offer up real evidence that 1. no long term damage
will occur (lets see a set of heads from a motor that uses 2 stroke oil) 2. there is a real benefit - based on numbers of some type and 3. a dealership would be OK with this additive...
...I'll go away.
and check my other posts if you still think I don't heavily contribute to this forum...As I have since Aug of 08...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
Back in a Pontiac

todd- I believe the author of that article has been running it since Jan 08.
Why would a gas engine get harmed from a small amount of TCW3 2 stroke oil being burned ? It is doing what its designed to do- burn with the gas.

Side note on to the water thing- a lot of guys do run water injection with great results but im sure you knew that already.
Back in a Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #64
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
I stand corrected...sure, us leeches should have no opinion...and we know nothing (how many times have you had your G8 engine apart, designed components and modified existing ones? I'm currently running an LS6 cam in a motor never designed for it as a science experiment).
Seems you need to understand what you're reading before you comment at all dude. I never said YOU were a leech. Never called anyone else in this thread one either. My point is leeches are the one's who will go to a thread and crap all over it without one ounce of evidence of their own points of view to a topic like this. They will however, take everything they can without researching on their own at the expense of other's trial and error.
Quote:
As I have said, and others who have tried this have posted: there is not a singe evidenciery component to this, only that the car will "idle smoother". I, having seen the destruction that other snake oil products produce, will continue to be the voice of the downtrodden, the abused, the many who do not like internet tom-foolery! (although I was just about to add 1 ounce of water to my intake...I heard it will lower combustion temps and reduce knock) .
Sure, we can go back and forth all day about who's right and who's wrong. You can say and believe what you want but no one can tell us that are doing this, that it's not working. I mean you can say it, but you'd just be wrong.

Quote:
and no, my point of the superduty story was that in one were to add some to a DIESEL SD, there would ACTUALLY be no harm...
Ok, but you're not posting anything proving this point either. Really doesn't matter to me though.

Quote:
I also did not state that your post was lunacy.
My bad for the misunderstanding.

Quote:
I wrote that your opinion that all one needed to do was read YOUR post and learn was lunacy. I think one should indeed read and learn...start with the owners manual and work up from there.
...in which this is BS. The data is not in what I posted, it's in the link in the first post so for you to think that I come to this forum to somehow get respect from the folks here is to tell them that if they don't pay attention to what I say is just stupid. I made the comment to read and learn because that's what I did. I read the info and it appealed to me so I jumped in and tried it and it's been working GREAT for me. The problem I have is when people like yourself are here to only degrade a thread with the delivery of your opinion.

Quote:
and check my other posts if you still think I don't heavily contribute to this forum...As I have since Aug of 08...
Nah, it really doesn't matter. If you say you're a contributor, then you are. I don't need to go back and forth about that.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive

Last edited by deezomaxima; 12-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.
deezomaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #65
todds87ss
Car RamRod

all points well made...

I'll refrain from further comment.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #66
kneepucker

I'd like to add my 0.02$. After reading into this article a bit, I thougt I would give it a shot.
I have an 08 G8 GT, just turned 100K last week. I had noticed a rough idle at startup and under certain running conditions (really hot ambients in TX). I had already done everything I could think of to solve the issue, new AC Delco Iridiums, new 02 sensors, throttle body cleaning. Mods include Vararam and SCT tuner, done by me, had no ill or positive effects on idling. Sometimes the idle was extremely rough when the cooler mornings came about this fall.
So, I picked up a bottle of high quality 2 stroke oil, added 3.5 ounces to an empty tank and then filled her with premium (93 octane here) like I always do. I am not a believer in additives, I only use Mobil1 synthetic and premium fuel in everything I own. Nothing else goes in.
BUT I SWEAR TO YAHWEH, within using half a tank of that first mix, my idle is now 90% better, engine is quieter, and zero negative effects to this point. I have not driven enough to estimate MPG's but I'll be reporting back on that later.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #67
GT Drew

As a top end lube I don't doubt it makes the injector quieter and operate smoother. That would likely lead to a stable idle. I do know oil in the combustion chamber can lead to knock and higher deposits in the engine and contamination of the O2 sensors and converters. Fine for an old beater you are trying to unload. It is not a high performance mod.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #68
Back in a Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
I do know oil in the combustion chamber can lead to knock and higher deposits in the engine and contamination of the O2 sensors and converters. .

motor oil? yes- not ashless tcw-3
Back in a Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #69
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
As a top end lube I don't doubt it makes the injector quieter and operate smoother. That would likely lead to a stable idle. I do know oil in the combustion chamber can lead to knock and higher deposits in the engine and contamination of the O2 sensors and converters. Fine for an old beater you are trying to unload. It is not a high performance mod.
TWC3 is ashless when it's burned. It leaves no harmful deposits and it's safe for 02 sensors and converters.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive
deezomaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement