Help, CEL - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > V8 Engine Tech (L76/LS3)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
PhillyG8

Default Help, CEL

Hoping someone here can give me an idea of what may be the issue before I go to the stealership. My CEL just came on while cruising on the hwy at about 75mph. I drop by advanced auto to have them read the code for me. The guy didn't give me a # but said it came up evaporated emissions/ emissions solenoid. I'm at 53k, 2nd owner. About to look over my warranty info now to see if im still covered. Anyone have this code before? Thanks, guys.
PhillyG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
MRTaylor17

maybe this thread would help?:

I've never heard of a P0449

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t498...lfunction.html

SHOW: GXP Diffuser, Sharkfin Antenna, 35% Tint, Rocker Panel L76 Emblems, Holden Rebadge, Black Calipers, Weathertech Floormats, Bluestar 2010

MO': BMR Rear Cradle, Strut Mount, Radius Rod & LCA Bushings, BMR Rear Sway Bar, Russell Steel Brake Lines, EBC Red Street Pads, FE3 Struts, Eibach Springs
MRTaylor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
Joe'sFastG8

Well without the actual code it's kinda hard to troubleshoot. Could be as simple as gas cap loose, or the evap purge solenoid could be stuck/malfunctioning. If you can let us know the actual code you will get a lot more help.
Joe'sFastG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
todds87ss
Car RamRod

I believe that any evap code should still be covered by powertrain warranty. It could be a loose gas cap...we really need the code to help.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Joe'sFastG8

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
I believe that any evap code should still be covered by powertrain warranty. It could be a loose gas cap...we really need the code to help.
I would think it would be covered under the 7 or 8 year emission component warranty.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
PhillyG8

yeah i should have gotten the code # but i was in a rush. He also said it wouldn't allow him to reset the code. I can't get to the dealer till monday due to my work schedule. I just don't wanna do any more harm by driving before then.
PhillyG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Joe'sFastG8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyG8 View Post
yeah i should have gotten the code # but i was in a rush. He also said it wouldn't allow him to reset the code. I can't get to the dealer till monday due to my work schedule. I just don't wanna do any more harm by driving before then.
You shouldn't hurt anything driving with an evap code. The evap system is just to prevent gas fumes from evaporating out into the atmosphere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement