I'm tired of having to demand respect. - Page 3 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Racing > Kill Section

Kill Section “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.”

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #41
RockyMtG8GT
Somewhere between Jr & Sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFuzion View Post
I get more adrenaline from pulling up to a light and thinking something may go down than waiting 45 minutes in a staging lane for 9-13 seconds of fun. To each their own.
Same here, it's as American as apple pie & muscle cars
Pat G tuned
19" Avant Garde M310's
2003 Corvette Coupe
Long tube headers
Corsa exhaust
Hurricane Intake
C6 wheels…..low and mean
RockyMtG8GT is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
Earl Flynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
I slow down and he comes up fast to line up. Hooked him! You know, some Vette owners....the ones that really don't know cars, actually believe no matter what you have, you can't beat them.
Anyway.....we both take off, and I pull on him so hard I swear he wasn't racing. He is in my rear view mirror so fast, and fading quickly. To the point I felt bad. Musta been a fluke right? He comes back. This time I let him punch first.....same result.
I really believe he was taught a hard lesson. I know he had no idea it would end that way. I try to make it a point to know the performance of every car.....and try to learn what they can do with mods. I know what, and what not to mess with. That was the only action I could find all night so I am not really that proud of this kill. Sometimes proving a point on behalf of all G8's is what must be done.

HA I did the exact same thing the DAY I bought my GXP coming back from a riverfront event while on vacation.

Against this......
http://ipocars.com/imgs/a/c/p/e/y/la...2003_3_lgw.jpg

Been kind of quiet about it because some people folks won't believe me but I swear I didn't think I could catch him when he FLEW by me (didn't know how this car would respond then) But after like a 3 seconds of hesitation, I down shifted to 4 and closed that 3 sec gap QUICK.. Like you I passed him and tried it a second time to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Let him pass me again and down shifted to 4 again. This time I got so far ahead of him I had to cruise for a min when he got back in front I paced him in 6th gear to see how the car does in overdrive. FLAWLESS... I even heard his engine reviving which told me he was real concerned about this. He got off the freeway and I went home so FRIGGIN EXCITED I couldn't believe what just happened.

I've always wanted to post this kill.....
Earl Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #43
paxton
I drive a two-ton brick

I've always felt the same way about my car ever since I bought it back in 07. It seems that having a heavy 4-door sedan, regardless of power, just doesn't make the masses think that they can move out. Every guy in a Mustang, Camaro, STI or anything else that someone thinks is fast always wanted a piece of the SRT8....hence the number of street races I've had over the years. I've spanked soo many of them, that my car is pretty well known where I live. Is my car the fastest thing around...hell no, but I can honestly say my car has gotten the respect it rightfully deserves.
Southern Hotrod P&P heads/custom cam,ported intake,ported TB,Kooks LT's/catted mids,Corsa cat-back,carbon fiber Airhammer CAI,Diablo Predator with custom dyno tune by HHP,Jet 180 tstat, ProTorque 2800 stall,Getrag LSD w/3.73's.
paxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #44
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

I think more and more people are starting to respect the G8's. I had a guy in a 2012 5.0 take off down the road and I followed suit. I knew he was faster but when I pulled up aside of him, he was cheesin with a huge grin and giving me thumbs up. I think he was amazed at how the G8 was keeping up with him as good as it did. Definitely wasn't a fast walk.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive
deezomaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #45
Has No Left

In the 3 years of owning my G8, the only person who ever tried to race me was a Mazdaspeed 3. It was quicker than I thought it would be.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #46
quitplayn

Respect is also generated through knowledge and understanding, say you pull up on a 2010 BMW M5, yeah the bad boy with the V10. Many guys will stand down and not even think about going for it, that's respect. Pull up to a 2009 G8 GT that kind of looks like a Chevy sedan, hmm what is that a V6? I can take that guy easy. Sometimes a lack of familiarity leads to disrespect.
quitplayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #47
Troy Trackbeast
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
I think more and more people are starting to respect the G8's. I had a guy in a 2012 5.0 take off down the road and I followed suit. I knew he was faster but when I pulled up aside of him, he was cheesin with a huge grin and giving me thumbs up. I think he was amazed at how the G8 was keeping up with him as good as it did. Definitely wasn't a fast walk.
The mustang guys around here should be careful about which White G8 they roll up on! It could be me, dustin, you, or doug.....They just might be in for a rude awakening!
Troy Trackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #48
BODYSHOPG8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Trackbeast View Post
The mustang guys around here should be careful about which White G8 they roll up on! It could be me, dustin, you, or doug.....They just might be in for a rude awakening!
BODYSHOPG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #49
Bob the Noob

Or me... but then again I need better tires first

Go: Roto Fab CAI, Livernois Tune, Kook's Mid Length 1 7/8", Corsa Mid-section, Solo Axle Backs, Chrome TVS2300, 8PSI Pulley, 60# injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, and other related goodies, BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, BMR Drive Shaft Loop, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tires

Stop: CTS-V 4 piston, Camaro rotors, Hawks HPS Pads

Show: GXP diffuser, Breyton GTF2 wheels

483.8 - RWHP
465.5 - RWTQ
11.85sec/116.68mph
Bob the Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #50
frostopsy

Nice kill!
Don't take it as a lack of respect. Having a sleeper is sometimes more fun.
frostopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #51
G8-5150

I usually get most of my diss from the ladies rolling in their Ford Fusions. I can't count how many times I'm on the interstate and these Fusions pull up on my backside with someone yappin on their phones (I'm not calling out the ladies, guys do this crap too) and they ride my bumper instead of turning on their blinker at least a few car lengths behind me and move over into the passing lane. No, they wind up right on my bumper and then try to pass me on the left, yeah the left, thinking it will be an easy takedown. I can see that they are totally wrapped up in their conversation until they hear my 6.0 downshift and I'm now 4 or five car lengths ahead of em. Just watching them drop their phone is worth it.

P.S. My wife drives a Fusion, Yeah I'm calling you out Honey!!
G8-5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #52
pyroguy

This page is exactly what I see!! For reasons beyond my comprehension around where I live I see dozens of VW Jetta's that are lowered with "fart can" mufflers and whatever other mods I couldn't care less about riding around thinking they are the fastest thing on the road. That's what always tries to challenge me or my wife (it's her daily driver). Of course they are poorly mistaken and quickly embarrassed, but my point is that there is little or no respect for a G8. Other than "the nod" that I got from a GTO guy and another GTO guy that was drooling over my G8 at the show I took it to because it was the only other modern Pontiac there, nobody knows anything about these things. Oh well, when I do get a bite, it makes it that much more fun to show someone what G8's can actually do!
2010 Camaro SS/RS | Aqua Blue Metallic #823 of 3903 | Silver Stripes

In pursuit of GXP M6 eventually...
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement