Harden Anaheim dealer rant - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > G8 GT Talk (V8)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
hpjunke

Angry Harden Anaheim dealer rant

I hate to do this but I feel the dealer that had my car didn't want to be bothered with my 09 g8 which had a problem with a clunking sound in the front end area. I took it to them and under the assumption it was under the 3year 36,000 warranty (they never said it wasn't covered when I dropped it off ) . They called and said the sway bar bushings are no good and they can't get the parts for 3 days or so. So I declined and then he stated its a $59.00 charge to look at it I said "its not covered in the 3 year 36,000?"He said "no it has expired" So I said "I wish you would have told me when i dropped it off " no sorry,no explanation just asked " Are you gonna pick it up today , if not leave it and its $140.00 So I picked it up and i ordered White Line sway bar end links. Upon removing my stock end links I noticed one of the end link bolts was simply loose so I retightened and took for a test drive . And no noise ! How did Harden say my end links are no good? Just really pisses me off when I ordered new end links , and my old ones are still good and got charged for a $59.00 MISDIAGNOSED problem. I will be talking to them about this but I want to be professional and cordial about it .
hpjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
gr8lover

That is frustrating for sure!!!! I am sure they will give your money back, and you should be able to charge them "your" hourly rate of wasting your time.. ...

you should be able to at least get your money back....and an explanation of how you could find it and they couldnt..... and show them what was loose and have the mechanic "learn" from his lack of knowledge.... I would at least discuss the issue with the head service manager and then maybe even the dealer general manager..
gr8lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
GMCustomerService

@hpjunke, please let me know how your talk with the dealership goes.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
@hpjunke, please let me know how your talk with the dealership goes.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

Will do

Thank you
Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Kirkinsb

This is a perfect example of why I "cringe" at the thought of taking my car to a dealership or repair shop. To them, I'm just another customer... And the line of customers at most dealership repair shops is long. So that does not make them very customer friendly. And most (not all) places that I did end up taking my car to, they ended up just being a "parts swapper" until they found the problem. Never even investigating the problem.... They just started swapping parts.....oh ya, at my expense too.

I dread taking my car to incompetent people. Last time the dealership changed the oil in my wife's car using a "free" oil change coupon they gave us for buying the car from them...well they left the oil fill cap off while they drove it around to us in front of the dealership! the entire engine bay was soaked in oil and dripping down on the pavement. Idiots! I'd love to service their car!
2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT. Cortex Rotofab 91 tune, BBS wheels, V8 & V badging. MagnaFlow Axlebacks, Black Colgan Front Bra, Spectre CAI, 12" JL Powerwedge Sub in truck with 375watts & Infinity Kappa 62.9i in all doors, GXP Rear Diffuser, M&P 40c w/viridian laser/light for protection.
Kirkinsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
GOPHERIT

When I was looking at and studying about the G8 in 08, that was the dealer I went to. But when it was time to buy one, it was obvious that THIS WAS NOT the dealer to do business with. It does not surprise me to hear about their service department. Based on the dealers attitude, an the somewhat eerie entrance to the service department, I figured this could not be good. There *are* some good ones to go to that are not that far away either.
GOPHERIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
hpjunke

Agreed , this is why they are called stealerships this car will never see a mechanic as far as I can help it I am my own mechanic
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #8
kalani87

Gopherit, please explain on the "eerie" service dept entrance. (ha ha)
kalani87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
GOPHERIT

^^^^ First I guess I should say, *I do not* take my car in for any routine servicing. Or for anything as a matter of fact. Its just at that dealer, the service entrance is set back pretty far from the street. I never saw any cars lined up, to go in for whatever service might have been needed. An it has that *appearance*, that if your car were pass under an thru *that* entrance, you might *not* ever see it again. At least in good working condition. Nothing seems *inviting* about that place.
GOPHERIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Rivdogg

As a dealer technician for 15 years and somebody who takes pride in his work i have to say some of the comments are bad for me to hear.Trust me we get some techs that are not worth their weight in salt but the good ones run them off i'm not saying i dont make mistakes but i make sure remedy the situation when that happens.my advice find a dealer and instead of talking to the advisors ask to talk to the techs especialy when buying a car from that dealer if they wont let you dont do bussiness with them.good techs are always willing to build a relationship with customers its good for us and for you.now on another subject there are a lot of bad dealer service departments out there and its because they try to compete with the independent shops jiffy lube,meineke,etc.so they less experienced techs that work cheaper just remember you get what you pay for.
Rivdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
hpjunke

Update : The dealer has agreed to pay for my bushings and give back my $59.00 They called me directly and worked it out. Pretty cool guy actually he also owns a g8

Last edited by hpjunke; 12-17-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
LSTGR81
Nice Weather, Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjunke View Post
Update : The dealer has agreed to pay for my bushings and give back my $59.00 they called me directly and worked it out
Interesting... Nice when things work out, sucks that you have to go through all this extra BS.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #13
FrostyG8

The Service Writer should have ran a VIS while you were standing there to check warranty info or at the very least told you there was going to be some type of diag/check out fee before you signed the work order, he wasn't doing his job properly.

98 Grand Prix GTP, stock.

Procharged 89 Trans Am GTA-SOLD!
FrostyG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #14
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyG8 View Post
The Service Writer should have ran a VIS while you were standing there to check warranty info or at the very least told you there was going to be some type of diag/check out fee before you signed the work order, he wasn't doing his job properly.
i agree
Old 04-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
icuff4cash

Hello im bob from vegas
I have been looking for a g8 since my goat ran away with a stranger. That said I really cant find a gm place in vegas who really wants to work on Indians. This is stretching things but to the gm service manger. As far as tecs go I tried talking to them and was discouraged. The service manger claim they did not want tecs to advertise because all work is rotated? Is thier a site that gm tecs advertise with rateing and which stealer, sorry former harley owner for 20 years. Were they work. I you cant openly post that info could you email me please icuff4cash@gmail.com :thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
icuff4cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement