Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > Lounge

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #21
macvangelist

LOL. Too funny... yea, um... I'm 29. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
Wow! I didn't think he was all that old....

SBM | Premium & Sport + Roof | Staggered Camaro 20" Wheels | 35/20 Tint - SOLD but missed...

macvangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #22
macvangelist

Unfortunately it is... :-( I will totally be there any good weather Saturday night that I'm in town. I'll keep monitoring the Suds thread--it was always a fun time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngG8 View Post
NO!!!!! Say it aint so Brandon.

In all seriousness, enjoy the new car. Be sure to stop by the Suds this summer if your in town so I can check it out.

SBM | Premium & Sport + Roof | Staggered Camaro 20" Wheels | 35/20 Tint - SOLD but missed...

Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #23
macvangelist

It's going up for sale if they come out with one of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyview View Post
Congrats on the new car!

Just my guess, but with the announced return of a Grand National and GNX I doubt they will push this one too much further. It would be nice to have the turbo v6 that they used in the OPC though.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
macvangelist

Here is a link to some super crappy photos I took when I got home with it. I had the G8 and the GS together for about 24 hours until the buyer came to pick it up. :-(

2012 Buick Old Man Regal GS Photos (with the G8 GT)

PS - The rear bumper DOES actually match--I don't know what the deal with the photos is, but they look TERRIBLE!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #25
tchr49
every village has one

Nice car! A guy down the street has one (lot younger than you are). Identical to yours, it's sweet!

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
Surprise Package
tchr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
MotorCityG8

Do they still only offer the summer rubber only on the tires. I'm sure if we get any more snow your gonna be screwed if thats the case.

2008 G8 GT PBM / No Roof - SOLD

Go: Livernois Stage 1 Cam / Circle D 3000 Stall / Ported TB & Intake / Roto-Fab CAI / Pat G Tune / SLP Powerflow Axlebacks / OBX 1 7/8 LT w/3in midpipe / LS7 MAF

Show: Avant Garde M310 / Eibach & Fe3 set up / Plasti Dipped Wheel and Kidney grills / Debadged / Tint (20% windshield, 5% sides, 20% on top of 5% on the rear) / Bathurst Stripes.
MotorCityG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #27
anthony73

Good luck with your new car. If you dont mind me asking wht did it actually cost?The ones at the dealer her have high 30's on the window,which is nuts for a FWD 4 cyl car . But what kind of deal is there?
anthony73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #28
bostonf4$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityG8 View Post
Do they still only offer the summer rubber only on the tires. I'm sure if we get any more snow your gonna be screwed if thats the case.
I was wondering the same thing...even w/ FWD you'll be screwed w/ 255mm (yes folks, BIGGER than the G8 w/ a measly 4 cyl) summer only 20" rubber...

Gotta get some 18"s w/ snows...
'08 GT sport/premium, tints 20/35, 18" TSW nogaros w/ bridgestone blizzak winter, 19" sport oem w/ hankook evo summer, Philips crystalvision bulbs, debadged, Vararam OTR, JBA 1-3/4" LT's, ported TB, MF axlebacks, MF X-pipe, DBA-powerslot brakes, russel SS lines, hawk ceramic pads, GXP shocks/struts, lovells poly strut mounts, Slowhawk Tuned 344/356

Gone -'04 GTO A4 2.5" custom exhaust, sweet thunder muffs, H pipe, Z06 heads, Baer brake it, 20% tints, torrid red, AEM brute force intake, tuned
bostonf4$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #29
macvangelist

Quote:
No, well, at least not with 19's. I'm not sure about the 20's. Mine has Goodyear RSAs on it (Ahhhhh...nooooooooooooo!!!!!!). I was a bit annoyed, but they have tons of tread on them so I guess I'll stick with them for now. I hate the RSAs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony73 View Post
Good luck with your new car. If you dont mind me asking wht did it actually cost?The ones at the dealer her have high 30's on the window,which is nuts for a FWD 4 cyl car . But what kind of deal is there?
Well, I actually bought this one as a certified used. There are still new 2012 GS's on the lots at a few dealers, and the out the door price on those is about $41k (too much, IMO!). I got this one for $26500 which was about $28k out the door, which I thought was a steal. It's got 17k miles on it, but it feels brand new. No wear and tear that is visible, only one tiny touched up knick on the driver side rear door and a spot of curb rash the size of my pinky nail on one rim. Other than that, it still smells new! I'll let somebody else depreciate it for 17k miles for a $13k discount!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonf4$ View Post
I was wondering the same thing...even w/ FWD you'll be screwed w/ 255mm (yes folks, BIGGER than the G8 w/ a measly 4 cyl) summer only 20" rubber...

Gotta get some 18"s w/ snows...
Yea--I would be screwed. The 19" wheel option (which this one has, and which look almost identical to the 20", except not chromed) is the exact same size as the 19" GT wheels. Uses the same size tires and I think it's a very similar offset (if not identical). I was kind of hoping to find one with the 20's on it simply because tires are cheaper in 20" sizes than 19's. Ugh... I do like the 19's, though--they're just not as in your face. Although, I've read some nasty stuff about easily damaging the 20's, similar to the issues I (and others) had with the Camaro wheels. They stick out so far beyond the rubber that anything will take a chunk of metal out of them. I, despite my actual wishes, do use automatic carwashes because my car is a daily driver. Most of them up in Michigan suck a** and I was always paranoid about taking the G8 through with the 20" Camaros. At least with these 19's I won't have to worry as much. But what to do about those RSA's.......

Oh, and BTW, Boston--I noticed in your sig you have the Hankook's for summer rubber. Those things are probably my favorite summer tire. I took a set to my first two track weekends (road course, not drag) and beat the living crap out of them. By the time I left for the weekend I had chunks of rubber missing bigger than my thumb in a dozen places and could see the metal cords in a few spots. Even in that condition, not until the last few laps did they start getting dicey on me. I made it home with them no problem in the rain AND they didn't even make any unusual road noise! WHAT THE HECK!? Talk about earning an A+ in my book. I'll buy them again next time I need tires--totally amazing.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #30
bostonf4$

Quote:
Originally Posted by macvangelist View Post
Oh, and BTW, Boston--I noticed in your sig you have the Hankook's for summer rubber. Those things are probably my favorite summer tire. I took a set to my first two track weekends (road course, not drag) and beat the living crap out of them. By the time I left for the weekend I had chunks of rubber missing bigger than my thumb in a dozen places and could see the metal cords in a few spots. Even in that condition, not until the last few laps did they start getting dicey on me. I made it home with them no problem in the rain AND they didn't even make any unusual road noise! WHAT THE HECK!? Talk about earning an A+ in my book. I'll buy them again next time I need tires--totally amazing.
Yeah I'm on my 2nd set since I replaced the Bridgestone Potenzas that came on the car (which are good tires but expensive). These are the best bang for the buck by far for the GT and a good tire regardless of price. I have replaced the hankook icebear snow setup though w/ some bridgestone blizzaks LM60 - they don't make the icebear anymore (too bad it was a true high-performance snow) - but just used the blizzaks this morning and they are AWESOME in the white stuff. I have zero need for AWD or 4WD.
'08 GT sport/premium, tints 20/35, 18" TSW nogaros w/ bridgestone blizzak winter, 19" sport oem w/ hankook evo summer, Philips crystalvision bulbs, debadged, Vararam OTR, JBA 1-3/4" LT's, ported TB, MF axlebacks, MF X-pipe, DBA-powerslot brakes, russel SS lines, hawk ceramic pads, GXP shocks/struts, lovells poly strut mounts, Slowhawk Tuned 344/356

Gone -'04 GTO A4 2.5" custom exhaust, sweet thunder muffs, H pipe, Z06 heads, Baer brake it, 20% tints, torrid red, AEM brute force intake, tuned
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #31
macvangelist

Quote:
Yeah I'm on my 2nd set since I replaced the Bridgestone Potenzas that came on the car (which are good tires but expensive). These are the best bang for the buck by far for the GT and a good tire regardless of price. I have replaced the hankook icebear snow setup though w/ some bridgestone blizzaks LM60 - they don't make the icebear anymore (too bad it was a true high-performance snow) - but just used the blizzaks this morning and they are AWESOME in the white stuff. I have zero need for AWD or 4WD.
I had the LM60's on my factory wheels for the winter--I agree, those things kick butt! Nobody would ever believe me when I said the G8 did better in the snow with the Blizzaks than most FWD cars I have driven in winter weather! It was more predictable and easier to drive.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #32
MotorCityG8

Quote:
I'm surprised you didn't go with the hankook icept evos. That's their new high performance snow/ice tire. Its what I picked up and has been great so far.

Go: Livernois Stage 1 Cam / Circle D 3000 Stall / Ported TB & Intake / Roto-Fab CAI / Pat G Tune / SLP Powerflow Axlebacks / OBX 1 7/8 LT w/3in midpipe / LS7 MAF

Show: Avant Garde M310 / Eibach & Fe3 set up / Plasti Dipped Wheel and Kidney grills / Debadged / Tint (20% windshield, 5% sides, 20% on top of 5% on the rear) / Bathurst Stripes.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #33
bostonf4$

Quote:
I'm surprised you didn't go with the hankook icept evos. That's their new high performance snow/ice tire. Its what I picked up and has been great so far.
The speed rating wasn't nearly as high as the icebears, they were a little higher than the blizzaks but not by much. I got a deal on the blizzaks from tire rack at the time..

Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #34
MotorCityG8

Quote:
The speed rating wasn't nearly as high as the icebears, they were a little higher than the blizzaks but not by much. I got a deal on the blizzaks from tire rack at the time..
Makes sense. That's why I bought the hankooks. 600 mounted and balanced for 19's. Can't beat that.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #35
Eric_GT

That actually is a pretty nice looking car. I just wish they would make a twin turbo version or something with a bit of obnoxious non-politically correct gas guzzling power.

My wife has an Enclave and loves the thing to death.

2009 MSM G8GT- Premium/Sport
1 of less than 500/1 of a Kind!
Eric_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #36
MIEngineer

I like the GS a lot actually. Nice buy.

Especially at what you paid.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #37
Silvereagle
Drives with wolves

That us definitely the nicest looking Buick currently offered Mac!

Silvereagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #38
LouB2B

Nice car. Welcome to the Buick Regal GS family! It doesn't have the G8 guts, but it's no slouch either. When you get into it on the highway, it won't disappoint. I've had almost as many people comment about the looks of the GS as the GXP. What a boost in technology...little sad that much of the cool stuff could have been in a 2012-2013 Pontiac G8.
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP Stryker Blue A6 Sunroof Tint #1764, SBM 1 of 56, SBM A6 Roof Onyx - 1 of 35
2012 Buick Regal GS WDT, A6, Navi, Sunroof, Tint

2007 GMC Envoy Denali, Black (Wife's ride)
LouB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #39
bostonf4$

One thing I noticed on the 1 I test drove was that there was a good amount of carbon/soot buildup on those fake exhaust outlets - and the car only had 200 miles on it and had been washed. I would see about removing and painting them a matte black or something that doesn't show that maybe there's an aftermarket piece?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #40
LouB2B

Quote:
One thing I noticed on the 1 I test drove was that there was a good amount of carbon/soot buildup on those fake exhaust outlets - and the car only had 200 miles on it and had been washed. I would see about removing and painting them a matte black or something that doesn't show that maybe there's an aftermarket piece?
Yeah, definately a problem. I've got 17K on mine and it's worse than ever. Based on info from the buickforums and GM techs I've talked to, the carbon soot is a side product of the Buick turbo. The position of the end of the exhaust and those outlets allow for the soot to build up. Keeping them clean is an endless job. Looking at painting mine matte black per your suggestion and as did some of the GS owners. Exhaust soot still happens but not as noticable between washes.
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP Stryker Blue A6 Sunroof Tint #1764, SBM 1 of 56, SBM A6 Roof Onyx - 1 of 35
2012 Buick Regal GS WDT, A6, Navi, Sunroof, Tint

2007 GMC Envoy Denali, Black (Wife's ride)
LouB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement