Need help and opinions, mods for 09 Pontiac G8 GT!! - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > V8 Engine Tech (L76/LS3)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
09G8GTPanther

Thank you Silver Bullet you have definitely cleared up CAI debate for me...Now back to either the TVS 19 or 23 and which cam to run! I really like this site you guys are great people and I am proud to be a G8 Owner knowing there is this much support! Keep the opinions coming!
09G8GTPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
GT Drew

Adding power is great, now make the car more stable and give you the confidence to use it. These cars need suspension mods. Get the rear sub frame bushings to start. If you are going to get trailing arms and toe rods. Spent the extra on the spherical bearings. I removed the Poly bushing trailing arm and went back to stock.
Now I have no wheel hop.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
09G8GTPanther

GT Drew, If your willing or anyone else on here go ahead and send me a list of good suspension mods as well. I have done ZERO research into suspension parts for this car. I drive my G8 3-4 times a month but sometimes I will go 2-3 months without even touching it. Since Its purchase in early 2011 I have put roughly 5,000 on it. So I am not worried about doing to much damage once the engine mods are in. I definitely would like to go to suspension after engine is done. But unfortunately I don't have money coming out my a**. Hoping for a good bonus this year so I can complete this project by early 2014.
09G8GTPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
BMWHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09G8GTPanther View Post
GT Drew, If your willing or anyone else on here go ahead and send me a list of good suspension mods as well. I have done ZERO research into suspension parts for this car. I drive my G8 3-4 times a month but sometimes I will go 2-3 months without even touching it. Since Its purchase in early 2011 I have put roughly 5,000 on it. So I am not worried about doing to much damage once the engine mods are in. I definitely would like to go to suspension after engine is done. But unfortunately I don't have money coming out my a**. Hoping for a good bonus this year so I can complete this project by early 2014.
As I mentioned in my earlier post...and I agree with GT Drew, getting all of that power down (wheel hop is an issue with these cars in particular!) and making the car stable at speeds requires suspension modifications. There are several very good suppliers / consultants for suspension and brake systems here. Rob at Wretched is my guru.

2009 G8GT, MGM, Prem Pkg
Show: RF CF Rad & Engine Cover, 20%Tint, Katech Tensioner
Holden Badges, GXP Diffsr, Mud Flaps, Enkei 19s Perf Ammodo Rims
Go: ARH 1 3/4" Headers w/X Pipe, VMS HSRK,RF CAI, MSD Red 8.5mm, BMR TA's
DBA 4000XS Rotors, Hawk C-Pads, Russel SS B-Lines, Pedders T-II w/ Drop & STB,
BMWHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement