GT ECM locked by previous owner - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > PCM Tuning / Dyno Results

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
EMS Guy

This is getting circular now. LMS needs the previous owner's name and order details to look up the info. The dealership won't give me his name for privacy reasons. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Volant intake, Solo Performance HFCs & exhaust, StopTech rotors, Hawk brake pads, Enkei Kojin w/ Michelin Super Sports, EFI Live custom tune, ATI harmonic balancer, functional hood vents, iPod and Bluetooth integrated.
EMS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
EMS Guy

I sent the old member a PM HOPING it's him, which I have suspicion it is.

Since he has no email form of contact at all..........
Volant intake, Solo Performance HFCs & exhaust, StopTech rotors, Hawk brake pads, Enkei Kojin w/ Michelin Super Sports, EFI Live custom tune, ATI harmonic balancer, functional hood vents, iPod and Bluetooth integrated.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
EMS Guy

After some further investigative work, I think I have the puzzle figured out. I PM'd Steve from VMS for the unlock with the known data...........

I have scrounged together through various posts and such, I forwarded back another PM. Let's see what he says!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #24
zepcom
Administrator

hope it works out for ya man, geesh this is turning crazy indeed. Sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Lets just hope it's not a train heading your way!

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Livernois tune, VCM OTR Intake, Custom ZEPCOM interior Electronics (PLXdevices AFR and DashBoss iPad datalogging) solutions
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach Unbalanced catback with take-off SLP tips.
SOLO J-pipes developed and perfected with my test mule!
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Customize Options
ZEPCOM Performance

zepcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
EMS Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
hope it works out for ya man, geesh this is turning crazy indeed. Sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Lets just hope it's not a train heading your way!
Lately it has been a train.............

Between this..........

The rear O2 extenders rotting off the car and almost losing the sensor....

The exhaust leaks.......

The flat tire I contracted on my Blizzak which was deemed unrepairable. $275 later.....a new tire.

TRAIN WRECKAGE!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #26
EMS Guy

Just spent $450 to get VMS to unlock this bastard and give me a factory cal. Fun times!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #27
pony killer

Man that sucks but now that its done. Good to hear. Safe driving
pony killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #28
zepcom
Administrator

At least you've confirmed that the light at the end of this tunnel is NOT an upcoming train barreling towards you.

Between that and the complementary fix from another vendor of this forum, hopefully you can see this as progress, and not let your initial experiences reflect that of what most G8 owners go through.... from here on in, you can modify to your own preferences without limitations!

And geesh, whats with all these Buffalo NY people around here? I think compared to the past 4 years, the "local group" has doubled at least in size!!

Good to hear that your purchase from VMS allows you free future upgrades to that vin, in case you need them as your mods change.

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Livernois tune, VCM OTR Intake, Custom ZEPCOM interior Electronics (PLXdevices AFR and DashBoss iPad datalogging) solutions
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Customize Options
ZEPCOM Performance

Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
EMS Guy

Quote:
At least you've confirmed that the light at the end of this tunnel is NOT an upcoming train barreling towards you.

Between that and the complementary fix from another vendor of this forum, hopefully you can see this as progress, and not let your initial experiences reflect that of what most G8 owners go through.... from here on in, you can modify to your own preferences without limitations!

And geesh, whats with all these Buffalo NY people around here? I think compared to the past 4 years, the "local group" has doubled at least in size!!

Good to hear that your purchase from VMS allows you free future upgrades to that vin, in case you need them as your mods change.

--zepcom
I didn't want to mention the fact that when I popped my flat, there was no spare either. LOL! Had to BUY a wheel to have just in case....... : judge:

What do you mean future upgrades for free? This is merely turning the car back to stock calibration wise. Apparently they will not allow me to modify the existing tune.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #30
pony killer

Yea ,they don't come with spares .

Yea Zep , I was noticing the same with there being more locals . There's gotta be at least nine of us on here .
pony killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
EMS Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony killer View Post
Yea ,they don't come with spares .

Yea Zep , I was noticing the same with there being more locals . There's gotta be at least nine of us on here .
Seriously? So what do you do if you pop a flat?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #32
zepcom
Administrator

Well...

Since around $500 is the cost of a brand new cable and the tune package, or so I thought, since you procured the cable from the previous owner, I guess I just assumed that you paid the difference to VMS to now have the full tuning package as if you bought it new. That's highway robbery if that was not the case....

And "stock equipped" cars came with a fix-a-flat can and an air pump. Yuck!

Too bad you didn't call me when you got your flat, not only do I have a spare set of my summers (I could have brought it to you to at least get home that day) ... but I also have a slightly-curbrashed-rim that is perfect for mounting an almost used-up tire onto, and throwing it along with the pace jack kit in the trunk as your new full sized spare. But I guess you got that done, alebit a little harder and more expensively, but when immediate needs need to prevail...

Is this car like a bad omen to you, OP ? Maybe I don't want to meet up with you. ha ha ha Need to turn that karma around man!!

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Customize Options
ZEPCOM Performance

Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #33
EMS Guy

Quote:
Well...

Since around $500 is the cost of a brand new cable and the tune package, or so I thought, since you procured the cable from the previous owner, I guess I just assumed that you paid the difference to VMS to now have the full tuning package as if you bought it new. That's highway robbery if that was not the case....

And "stock equipped" cars came with a fix-a-flat can and an air pump. Yuck!

Too bad you didn't call me when you got your flat, not only do I have a spare set of my summers (I could have brought it to you to at least get home that day) ... but I also have a slightly-curbrashed-rim that is perfect for mounting an almost used-up tire onto, and throwing it along with the pace jack kit in the trunk as your new full sized spare. But I guess you got that done, alebit a little harder and more expensively, but when immediate needs need to prevail...

Is this car like a bad omen to you, OP ? Maybe I don't want to meet up with you. ha ha ha Need to turn that karma around man!!
It's been OK luck thus far. It could have been worse. I love driving it when it runs right. Right now, that's my biggest hurdle. I had hammered the throttle on an on ramp to the 290E and she bogged and sputtered. NO BUENO!

Anyway, I have the spare wheel sorted out at least.

I was unable to get the cable from the previous owner. No dice. Can't get his info nor in touch with him. He's from Darien and the stealership won't provide me his info........FAIL SAUCE!

So today I purchased a new cable AND the "map transfer"...no idea what thagt entails, but $450 later it left me a REAL sour taste in my mouth.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #34
Back in a Pontiac

sorry for your troubles, thats the big drawback of these locking tunes especially when they are not local for service. Its a crap thing to do then to charge $450 to bring it back is even worse.

But why would you want a stock tune anyhow if the car is modified?
Back in a Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #35
EMS Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in a Pontiac View Post
sorry for your troubles, thats the big drawback of these locking tunes especially when they are not local for service. Its a crap thing to do then to charge $450 to bring it back is even worse.

But why would you want a stock tune anyhow if the car is modified?
Great question! Existing tune leaves much to be desired in all honesty. It's clumsy through the map and bogs in other spots...has some holes in it. I wanted it back to stock to retune it myself. I have tuned several cars of mine and friends over the years. I am sure I can get a better map built myself with excellent drive-ability, fuel economy and power.

I have tuned plenty of turbo and supercharged cars. So N/A is a walk in the park in comparison.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #36
Back in a Pontiac

ok good luck!
Back in a Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
EMS Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in a Pontiac View Post
ok good luck!
Thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #38
Jeff92se

I wonder if you ask the dealer for the airbag recall and they can't do it because of the tune, they would be liable for a new ecu? They are the ones that sold you the car that way
Jeff92se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #39
GTPprix
Site Sponsor

Wow thats INSANE. I unlock for like a 1/4 of that LOL
2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 - CAI/Corsa Custom BCM/IPC
2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stock
2013 SRX Premium - Custom BCM/IPC/CUE
2013 XTS4 Platinum - Custom BCM/IPC/CUE
GTPprix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #40
Crazy_8