GXP rear sway bar - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Suspension / Brakes

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
J Wikoff

Default GXP rear sway bar

Does anyone know the diameter of the GXP rear bar? I'd like to order bushings for it and the front bar, but I can't find the rear bar size.
2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim conversion, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Red hot shift knob, Autodim 07 Trailblazer mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC Pioneer Premier sub

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
J Wikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
GOPHERIT

Rear sway bar for GXP is 20MM (0.78)---FE3 suspension, vs GT bar 18MM (0.70)---FE2 suspension. All models have the same size front bar of 23MM (0.905). At least until modified with the bigger stuff.
GOPHERIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
RJKmotion

Is 20mm correct for the rear sway bar size on a gxp? White line only makes poly bushing for the rear in sizes 14mm, 16mm, & 18mm. Their upgraded bar for g8 is 22mm for the rear. So is 20 the correct factory size?? I need to get new bushings an want to make sure I order the correct size. Thanks.
RJKmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
GOPHERIT

^^^ Yes it is. I have one in my car right now and the OEM GT stowed away for now. Took off the 18MM GT and installed the 20MM GXP
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
RJKmotion

Ok cause I can't find anyone who makes a 20mm poly bushing for rear for our cars. Can help me out? Yea I've checked whiteline biggest one they sell is 18mm, pedders and bmr don't carry one. I don't know where to search

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
GOPHERIT

You could go to a GM dealer parts counter *that* sold Pontiac's (or one that continues to sell Buick/Cadillac/GMC stuff), to see if in fact there were 2 different P/Ns used. I'm thinking that since there is only an .080 difference in dia., that both sizes of sway bars, *may* have used the same bushing.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
GT Drew

You can buy the 22mm and trim a bit from the split area on the bushing. this wil allow it to close tighter on the 20 mm bar. A coin or piece of metal under the bushing will help increase the pre-load on the bushing too.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
RJKmotion

I was going to try and go to the dealer if I had time this week. Just thought it would be easier to ask on here. Doesn't seem like anyone knows where to get polys for the back. I was gonna Email whiteline and see if they would sell me a 20mm that would work also.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
RJKmotion

So I just measured and it is a 20mm bar. Anyone know of a company who makes a 20mm poly for our cars??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement