G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee - Page 3 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Racing > Kill Section

Kill Section “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.”

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #41
Troy Trackbeast
Super Moderator

i think the only thing that debate put in perspective was that a Bolt on GT will stomp a mud hole into the ass of a stock srt8.
Troy Trackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #42
willys srt8

They made multiple runs with several different tunes to see how each stacked up.

07 Super Bee #726
small crate eng, Zoomers, AFE stg II, CMR tune by Dyno Tuned Performance (DTP) (413hp/425tq 12.850@108.39 DA 1872 before tune/swap)

Originally Posted by eng943 - "Nobody has to like the brand X stuff, but let's at least try to deal in facts when talking about them."
willys srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #43
jackswhitegxp
Capital City G8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittleton View Post
My buddy has a 2012 SRT8 Charger. No way a G8 GT is keeping up with those even with bolt-on mods. That thing is not only ridiculously fast, the interior and technology is amazing. The entire SRT8 lineup for 2012+ is incredibly impressive. Cherokee, Challenger, Charger, 300 etc. I'd like to hear some race stories though!
I test drove a Cherokee a few months back and was completely unimpressed. The trans felt slow and sloppy. I loved the looks, but for the money they seemed under performing and over priced. Not sure what kind of tunes there are or what bolt-ons would do for it, but I was not impressed. As for the Challenger and Charger, haven't had the opportunity to drive them or run them, but there are quite a few running around. Nice kill OP.
2009.5 GXP, A6, Sunroof, Whitehot w/Onyx, SOLO Mach Shorty, Rotofab CAI, BP catch can, matte black VMR 710 w/Conti DW 255/40/19/8.5/+35 front & 285/35/19/9.5/+50 rear, BMR full ploy bushing kit, BMR non-adjustable toe rods & trailing arms, Monroe GT struts/shocks, H&R springs, '09 CTS-V front brakes, Debadged except for Arrowheads
jackswhitegxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
bostonf4$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswhitegxp View Post
I test drove a Cherokee a few months back and was completely unimpressed. The trans felt slow and sloppy. I loved the looks, but for the money they seemed under performing and over priced. Not sure what kind of tunes there are or what bolt-ons would do for it, but I was not impressed. As for the Challenger and Charger, haven't had the opportunity to drive them or run them, but there are quite a few running around. Nice kill OP.

"for the money" please find me another SUV that has that kind of power/interior/capability (like can tow and actually go offroad) - you won't, because there isn't anything else comparable in that price range....listed @ $60,000 but nobody actually will be paying that, even @ $60,000....a Cayenne S STARTS @ $65,000 and is already down about 75hp to the jeep...
'08 GT sport/premium, tints 20/35, 18" TSW nogaros w/ bridgestone blizzak winter, 19" sport oem w/ hankook evo summer, Philips crystalvision bulbs, debadged, Vararam OTR, JBA 1-3/4" LT's, ported TB, MF axlebacks, MF X-pipe, DBA-powerslot brakes, russel SS lines, hawk ceramic pads, GXP shocks/struts, lovells poly strut mounts, Slowhawk Tuned 344/356

Gone -'04 GTO A4 2.5" custom exhaust, sweet thunder muffs, H pipe, Z06 heads, Baer brake it, 20% tints, torrid red, AEM brute force intake, tuned
bostonf4$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #45
mlittleton
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
Only in straight lines... LOL.

You should look up the Yeti vs Deuuce debate and comparison vids between the two. I think it will put a new perspective on things.
Oh snap! The enemy has infiltrated our base! Bwhahahahaa!!!

2008 G8 GT MGM | SOLO Mach Balanced | Kooks Mids | Rick Crawford Racing DoD Cam/Heads TB/Intake/Tune | AFM active | Stock Stall
VCM Intake | 20" Forgestar CF5's | 20x9 et.38F/20x10 et.45R | Michelin Super Sports 245/35F and 285/30R | Camaro 3.45's | LS7 MAF

11.79 @119mph 1.86 60' - Fayetteville Motorsports Park, NC
mlittleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
Transporter

Quote:
Only in straight lines... LOL.

You should look up the Yeti vs Deuuce debate and comparison vids between the two. I think it will put a new perspective on things.
I don't think so...Our cars out class yours in every category there is. Certainly including looks where the Mopar fails miserably except for their reincarnation of the Challenger. The Charger is a freaking joke with a truck front end. I'd run my 09 against any lame Mopar on a road course and dust it appropiately. We don't need no stupid decals or outrageous paint to know our cars are fast, and can corner as well. The G8 exudes class compared to Mopars "boy racer look". Oh...and lets not mention that Italy owns 20% of your company and will own the whole thing within a decade. Yes I do know that the Dart II is an Alfa Romeo design. Hopefully it will save your lame duck company. Just watch some Australian V8 racing...Which I don't see Mopar jumping into the ring just yet...Might be a handling problem.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #47
willys srt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittleton View Post
Oh snap! The enemy has infiltrated our base! Bwhahahahaa!!!
I’ve been on this “ base” for years but thanks for noticing. Welcome to the forums new guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
I don't think so...Our cars out class yours in every category there is. Certainly including looks where the Mopar fails miserably except for their reincarnation of the Challenger. The Charger is a freaking joke with a truck front end. I'd run my 09 against any lame Mopar on a road course and dust it appropiately. We don't need no stupid decals or outrageous paint to know our cars are fast, and can corner as well. The G8 exudes class compared to Mopars "boy racer look". Oh...and lets not mention that Italy owns 20% of your company and will own the whole thing within a decade. Yes I do know that the Dart II is an Alfa Romeo design. Hopefully it will save your lame duck company. Just watch some Australian V8 racing...Which I don't see Mopar jumping into the ring just yet...Might be a handling problem.

It’s obvious that you don’t know what you are talking about. Although the G8 GT is an impressive auto, the SRT8s are more closely compared to the G8 GXP stock for stock sitting somewhere between the G8 GT and the G8 GXP. Once someone begins modifying anything, the one with the deepest pockets will ultimately win. As for styling, it’s a personal preference.

Prior to being controlled by an Italian company it was a Daimler company (Mercedes). So what’s your point about Italy owning part of the company. As we know, so many bad things have come out of Italy. Ferrari (also a Fiat company), Lamborghini, Ducati, etc…..Lame duck company? How many Pontiacs are produced today? None. Didn't GM get some bailout money too?

I didn’t come here trash talking the G8, just collecting information. There is no need to get all butt hurt. Like my sig. says, nobody has to like the brand X stuff, but let's at least try to deal in facts when talking about them.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roada...bdb0c97508.pdf

07 Super Bee #726
small crate eng, Zoomers, AFE stg II, CMR tune by Dyno Tuned Performance (DTP) (413hp/425tq 12.850@108.39 DA 1872 before tune/swap)

Originally Posted by eng943 - "Nobody has to like the brand X stuff, but let's at least try to deal in facts when talking about them."

Last edited by willys srt8; 01-29-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #48
Transporter

Quote:
Prior to being controlled by an Italian company it was a Daimler company (Mercedes). So what’s your point about Italy owning part of the company. As we know, so many bad things have come out of Italy. Ferrari (also a Fiat company), Lamborghini, Ducati, etc…..Lame duck company? How many Pontiacs are produced today? None. Didn't GM get some bailout money too?
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. While the G8 lives on in Holden guise. If Mercedes couldn't make it work with Chrysler, its only a matter of time. If you're looking for sympathy, you're on the wrong forum.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #49
willys srt8

Dude... WTF are you getting at? How is this relevant to anything in this thread? Okay so... now they are Holdens. But they were always Holdens and Dodges are still Dodges. What's the point? This has nothing to do with the performance characteristics of either car.

I get it. You like your car. We all do. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, other than bashing on anyone that might have a different point of view, then you will continue live a delusional life. If you ever get to Bowling Green, KY, I’ll give you the opportunity to see the tail lights of a modded SRT8.

07 Super Bee #726

Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #50
Transporter

Quote:
Dude... WTF are you getting at? How is this relevant to anything in this thread? Okay so... now they are Holdens. But they were always Holdens and Dodges are still Dodges. What's the point? This has nothing to do with the performance characteristics of either car.

I get it. You like your car. We all do. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, other than bashing on anyone that might have a different point of view, then you will continue live a delusional life. If you ever get to Bowling Green, KY, I’ll give you the opportunity to see the tail lights of a modded SRT8.
Hmmm. Kentucky. That explains alot. The whole purpose of my post was discuss the superior handling characteristics of the G8 versus the SRT. How bout we get together on a ROAD course, (not dirt track) where you have to make some left AND right turns. (not NASCAR) We'll see just how much of that big bad power you can put down without spinning it off the track. Then you can watch my quads go down the road. The G8 is just a better all around package. That would be my point.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #51
WiscoG8

Default Re: G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee

I love my car just as much as the next guy. But Chrysler makes some nice cars. I checked out a 392 300C and the interior was extremely nice. The engine bay was fantastic, exterior was very clean lookin.

Maybe consider putting forth some useless insight other than being a fan boy? That being said what are your mods Trans? Because I'll go ahead and say Willy will leave you in the dust.

Not to mention if Chrysler does factory SC/ 8 speed I might consider having a new DD while the G becomes my garage queen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Solo Mach
Pedders Street II GSR kit
Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
Milled Heads
Ported Intake
Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
After:430/404
WiscoG8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #52
Silver Bullet
Super Moderator

Quote:

I'm actually with Willy on this one. No point in trying to bash someone that is a member of our board out of respect for our cars.

Mods: 4 Pistons Brembos, OBX Headers to Maxflows, Spectre CAI, Rick C Intake, HSRK, LS7 Maf and tuned by Pat G.
In The Garage: Yank 2800 stall, Eibachs, SLP UDP
10.59 at 100.31 in the 1000.....8.33 at 88.13 in the 1/8....1.99 60 ft

Silver Bullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #53
Silver Bullet
Super Moderator

Transporter,

What kind of car did you have before the G8?

Mods: 4 Pistons Brembos, OBX Headers to Maxflows, Spectre CAI, Rick C Intake, HSRK, LS7 Maf and tuned by Pat G.
In The Garage: Yank 2800 stall, Eibachs, SLP UDP
10.59 at 100.31 in the 1000.....8.33 at 88.13 in the 1/8....1.99 60 ft

Silver Bullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #54
Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoG8 View Post
I love my car just as much as the next guy. But Chrysler makes some nice cars. I checked out a 392 300C and the interior was extremely nice. The engine bay was fantastic, exterior was very clean lookin.

Maybe consider putting forth some useless insight other than being a fan boy? That being said what are your mods Trans? Because I'll go ahead and say Willy will leave you in the dust.

Not to mention if Chrysler does factory SC/ 8 speed I might consider having a new DD while the G becomes my garage queen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Fan boy...Really. What forum are you posting on ??? The 300 is a pimp ride. I've had my car for 2 months. Its cold here, and I do not have access to a heated garage. The mods are coming in the spring. Till then, I'll just have to keep leaving on SRT's in stock form. I did state that I'm not totally anti Chrysler. I do like the Challenger, cause they chose to leave it alone unlike its Charger stablemate that looks like a truck. And Fiat will eventually get around to teaching them how to make cars. Slick Willy would take me in a straight line I'm sure, but on a track, I'd give him a run for his money. Nuff said... I'm done with you guys.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #55
willys srt8

I'm not from KY. I will be stationed there when I return. LOL. I'm from Arkansas. Go ahead with the jokes. As if you're the first.

As for Transporter you need an education on car characteristics. The SRT, ALL SRTs of ALL years, is designed to go around road courses as well as straight lines. That’s why they send you to the SRT Experience (see below) when you purchase one, to teach the owner how to track the car. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the G8 GT stock to stock can’t outperform the SRT8 line up of the same year. That doesn’t mean that the G8 is a bad performer, it just means the GXP is more along the lines of the same model year SRT8. As for the cornering performance of Dodges, I refer you to the Nürburgring times of the Viper ACR. Dodges can’t handle…… (see below) I went to VIR to continuously track the car. If it is maximum straight line performance you wish for, I refer you to (see below). Mike and I had our cars done at the same shop except he is stock displacement and I am not.

http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-track-experience/

http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-vi...nd-some-change

Anything else?

07 Super Bee #726

Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
Crazy_8

I thought this SRT8 vs G8 war died a couple of years ago... At least I had hoped.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #57
jaxredg8
Yep, that just happened..

This thread is steadily heading towards bad things. Please, no more bashing. Debating is one thing but the staff here will not tolerate bashing of other members. Enough said. Back on track please....

2008 Liquid Red G8, Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft
219/230, 607/610, 114 LSA, DOD Delete
Kooks LTH, kooks catted x-pipe, kooks axle back, Roto-fab CAI and 25% udp, DMH electric exhaust cutouts, little shot(alright, maybe not so little) of happy juice courtesy of HSW and tune by Tony G at HP Performance. Oh yeah, and 08 Super Bee as well!
jaxredg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #58
Troy Trackbeast
Super Moderator

Quote:
I didn't catch the stock.

The was the first pass I ever made in the car while stock. Now it doesn't matter what I do I can't get traction. Not enough tire and I am unwilling to buy at the rate I get to the track. LOL
So lets say theoretically you car hooked, what do you think it would run now?

Troy Trackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #59
willys srt8

JAX did you quit on the Bee mods or what? What did you end up with? I was hoping to get down there for a meet and greet but kept ending up overseas and eventually moved then overseas again. LOL

If all things being perfect and on a tire it "should" touch 11s. But probably not with me driving it. Other than a crate GEN III 392 and I/E/T nothing has been done. I had dyno sheets but spilled my drinks on them and they all washed out so I only post what I could prove although it is lower than the truth.

07 Super Bee #726

Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #60
Slizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. While the G8 lives on in Holden guise. If Mercedes couldn't make it work with Chrysler, its only a matter of time. If you're looking for sympathy, you're on the wrong forum.
If YOU'RE looking for sympathy, YOU are in the wrong place...

Look, for stock vehicles, here's the lineup.

Charger R/T < G8 GT < Charger SRT-8 < G8 GXP.

Only speaking of stock. R/T and GT are close in performance, SRT-8 and GXP are close in performance.

This is also with circa 2008-2009 vehicles, the newer R/Ts and SRT-8s are faster than the previous gen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement