Pontiac G8 Forum banner

ZL1 Fuel Pump writeup?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ZIm 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever put together an actual parts list and write on the install/mod? I'm opting for this route instead of doing the KB BAP. Any help would be appreciated!

-LPM

#8 ·
I did the cts-v with vapor worxs controler. So far so good, no issues and she purrs like a kitten .....

If you do a bing search you'll find my post and others....very good setup and I'm very pleased with it.

If you decided to install your preference pump, I recommend that you cut a hole....again, you'll see the pics if you do a search....the rear seat has an outline of where to actuall cut...I used a cutoff wheel and gently just cut around it....very easy, but you def have to be careful and go slow. The benefit of cutting the hole is that you'll be able to see if you have any leaks after hooking everything up. Dropping the tank is a pain and labor intensive....and if you have to drop the tank 2 or 3 times.....well, you get the idea. After the hole is cut and you install pump, I used thick layer of dyno max to seal. Works great.

Good luck with whatever you decided, having the right fuel system opens the door for more reliable hp and no worries of the BAP killing your stock pump..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.