Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Youngest- Oldest GT Owners

15K views 159 replies 137 participants last post by  G.8.G.T. 
#1 ·
Stealing this idea from the GXP guys. Always curious to know how old we all are.

Bought my GT at 17, 19 now and happy to say its paid off.

#138 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am 21, in a completely stock liquid red 2008 g8 gt owned it for the past 3 weeks, been followin it for years n finally got it. boy am i proud of it

and speaking of which, i god dead a$$ lucky on my insurance. iw as looking at sum rediculous #s for insurance and then i called nationwide. everyone was talkin about 3-4-500 in insurance, and nationwide full coverage for under $200

jus puttin it out there

This post has been deleted
#139 ·
I was surprised on the insurance cost with my GT. The 4 door part is the thing that helps. I pay less than a friend with a older coupe that is worth way less. Funny part is its with the same insurance company and we both have spotless records.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Autoguide.

#157 ·
How on earth are you paying $200? You got very lucky, I'm 21 as well and pay around $450 for insurance a month. My insurance company knows this car has some muscle and my several tickets don't help either.

#147 ·
I bought my MGM 2009 GT new on February 13, 2009 and I was 70 at that time. I'm now 74 and still enjoy the G8 which just passed 20,000 miles. Only real problem was an engine oil leak that was traced to the rear engine main seal and the engine rear cover. The car has no problem exceeding 24 mpg on a longer trip and about 18 just putzing around.

#149 ·
Im 27 and just bought the G8 a couple months ago. Coming from 2-GTOs, 1-TBSS, 2-SRT4s(Both makes).

#155 ·
I'm 25, just picked up my GT a few weeks ago. Been wanting one since 20!

#158 ·
I found the G8 to be a welcome surprise in the insurance department. As a 25 year old male driver with one ticket living in a dense urban part of Toronto (read: the ghetto), I was paying $250 a month for liability+comprehensive on the 04 Bonneville GXP, which is FWD with a 275hp Northstar V8.

The G8? Also $250 a month, but for FULL coverage. And Ontario is really bad for insurance rape. Go figure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.