Pontiac G8 Forum banner

For Sale, 2009 G8 GT, Cammed, Price Reduced!

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Supercharged 
#1 · (Edited)
Well guys, I'm thinking about selling my baby. I've just rounded the corner to buying my first house and I feel like I'm going to want something more home owner friendly. I'm putting the feeler out there, but I do not have to sell the car either.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, Panther Black, Premium and Sport package.

72,xxx miles. This will go up gradually because it's my DD.

I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle. It was purchased from an elderly man in November 2010, 100% stock, with 13k miles on it. While he owned the vehicle, the rear main seal was replaced under warranty (TSB.)

While I've owned the vehicle, I've had lower control arms and lifters replaced under warranty (also TSBs.) Other than that, there have been no mechanical issues.

Maintenance: Oil changed every 3-5k miles. Mobil 1 Synthetic before cam, Amsoil Z-Rod 10w-30 after cam. New transmission fluid, filter, spark plugs, and coolant at 64k miles.

New rotors and pads at 62k miles.

Modifications: Slowhawk Performance built and tuned (cam/stall done at 64k miles.)
-227/231 Cam
-Yank 3200 SS Converter, B&M Trans Cooler
-Brian Tooley dual valve springs
-7.4'' pushrods
-ARP Head Bolts
-LS7 Lifters
-LS2 Lifter Trays
-LS3 Valley Cover
-Oil pump, O-Ring
-LS3 Timing gear, chain, etc.
-160 Degree T-Stat
-NGK Plugs

-Kooks 1-7/8'' Longtube Headers, Solo Mach Shorty (unbalanced) system with high flow cats.
-Rotofab CAI

400/375 on a tough Mustang Dyno.

The car is built right. Anyone familiar with Slowhawk Performance knows this. They are among the best LSX builders in the country and do not mess around/cut corners. This car was set up to be driven reliably, and it is a solid, proven street car. It has never been to the track either and I do not beat it.

I have taken good care of this car since logging 60k+ miles on her in 3 years, and she has transformed nicely. Expect some cosmetic blemishes. It's still very sharp but it's not perfect. This car is NOT a garage queen, as the car is daily driven year round. It is washed weekly and taken care of with Adams Polishes products.

I love the car, but it might be time to let her go. Owning and keeping a car this nice is A LOT of work, and I'm just not sure I will have the time to keep up with it once I'm in my new house.

Asking $22,500 obo

See less See more
#3 ·
Bump, open to trades. Preferably a nice truck.

#4 ·
Wish you were closer, I'm looking to buy another G8.

#5 ·
Price Reduction: $23,000 Reasonable offers entertained!

#7 ·
"Thinking" about it lol. Want another G8? :)

#8 ·
Bump, all reasonable offers entertained guys:burnout:

If you want a proven, daily drivable, cammed G8, this is the one. Built and tuned by one of the best LSX shops in the Country.

#9 ·
Dropping the price to $22,500. Also includes a full set of Blizzaks mounted on 18'' aluminum alloy wheels.

#10 ·
Again..... I must have the worst timing in the world....

I've only owned my stock white G8 since this past summer.....

Love your car DanSVT03 and really could use the winter tires with the Michigan winter we are having....

Good luck with your sale.... :)

#11 ·
Bump, need to get it sold. Am I asking too much? Just want to sell it for it's fair value to someone who appreciates the car. I do not want to end up trading it into a dealership :(

#13 ·
#15 ·
PM sent

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.