Pontiac G8 Forum banner

e85 upgrades w/ future lsa

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  pir4te 
#1 ·
Hi,

I currently have a cammed GXP M6. It was pulling lots of timing on 91 so I had to grab some race gas to mix up so I could find full potential.

Anyway, I don't want to pull timing to go back to 91 and plan to add a future LSA blower. The plan is to switch to e85 and do a pump and injectors now that will complement my current setup as well as the lsa.

I'd love as much info as I can get. I'm having a heck of a time finding a great solution. I'd obviously prefer plug and play type of stuff, but i'm open to any suggestions. Would 85lb injectors be enough with e85 and lsa? I can't imagine spending 1k on some ID1000s. Anyway, thanks in advance!

#2 · (Edited)
1000cc at minimum if u plan on supercharging with e85.

#9 ·
I am running twin 255 walbros in a squash setup. -8/-8 fuel-lab 10 micron filter with the stainless element for e85 and a summit check valve. Mallory fpr and a cts-v fuel rail and a ton of braided an line. Id850s, Dsx flex fuel setup and scaled and tuned in hptuners.

It just works.

#13 · (Edited)
I decided to keep boost at a moderate level, where I can still run 93 if I can't get E85. It finalized at 13lbs of boost through a F1A. The difference was well beyond what I anticipated. Never anticipated to pick up over 100whp.

My Fuel setup is Squash Performance fuel system, with twin Walbro 267's, -8/-6 lines, ID 1300cc injectors.

This summer I'll be comparing fuel mileage between the 2 fuels. I'll be doing a road trip from Ohio to Delaware(no E85 around). Will probably take a couple cans of E85 with me. If I get 16-18 with E85, I'll be happy.

#17 ·
I decided to keep boost at a moderate level, where I can still run 93 if I can't get E85. It finalized at 13lbs of boost through a F1A. The difference was well beyond what I anticipated. Never anticipated to pick up over 100whp.

My Fuel setup is Squash Performance fuel system, with twin Walbro 267's, -8/-8 lines, ID 1300cc injectors.

This summer I'll be comparing fuel mileage between the 2 fuels. I'll be doing a road trip from Ohio to Delaware(no E85 around). Will probably take a couple cans of E85 with me. If I get 16-18 with E85, I'll be happy.
I run open loop all the time (see back story). I averaged 11.x mpg on the DIC after 95 miles of city, highway and a couple throttle stabs on E85. AFRs are near stoich most of the time too.

*back story*
Myself and a couple other people with PD blowers are having a lean spike issue exactly 2 seconds after entering PE mode. After trying a bunch of different fueling methods, going full open loop and commanding enrichment above 100kPa was the only way to get rid of it.

#14 ·
Im not 100 % sure because honestly there are other injectors besides ID that work well for the price, but aren't the 1000s 10mm taller than the 850s? so modifying the spacing between the fuel rail and SC where the rail mounts is necessary? maybe im not remembering it correctly, but for some reason I was remembering that being the case.

#15 ·
I have a ZL1 pump, BAP and FIC1000s with an LSA on stock boost (~8psi peak). The pump does fine on gas, but I'm dropping pressure with E85 on long pulls. I'm seeing 60% injector duty cycle at the top of third gear, but that's kind of inaccurate due to the pressure drop.

I'm also interested in what our fuel pump options are. I've seen Squash, Lonnie's and now Fore Innovations. Any feedback good or bad with those setups? Any others that I'm missing? CTS-V pumps will be outgrown with a pulley swap on E85 I'm sure.

#16 ·
See my fuel setup above, no loss of pressure anywhere. It takes some big pumps and injectors to get it done on E85. My first attempt was with the CTS V twin pumps and it ran out of pumps around 625-650.

Very happy with the Squash/ID setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.