Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Twin Turbo build by Next Level Performance..

53K views 373 replies 76 participants last post by  STAGEUP 
#1 ·
I am starting this thread after discussing it at length with Geoff Skorupa from Next Level Performance. I have known Geoff now for about a year and we even hail from the same hometown, Chicago. I do not know many tuners in the business, but I know people in general and Geoff is as good as they get.

Goeff has convinced me that he is fully committed to finish a TT setup for the G8. In fact, I will be giving him Gianna for a full two or three months this fall for the fab and setup process.

Initial design will be using cast iron manifolds instead of stock and I will be collaborating with Geoff during the design process to take plenty of photos and answer as many questions as I can.

This thread is to continue to update those interested in a TT setup for the G8. If you have any questions at all, feel free to post them or to send me a PM. I humbly ask that you use this thread for constructive criticism and discussion only. :pir_flag:

#231 ·
#236 ·
Thanks for the support Kyle. Looking forward to seeing the BMR family again!

#234 ·
Update to post #210 with fuel injector information. Previously left out by mistake......

#235 ·
More Progress and Reveal of Secret Build Partner.....

Ok, I just don't know where to start on this so here it goes.....new pics of the exhaust setup and the intercooler just arrived this morning! Car will be ready to go for next weekend's Florida G8 Extravaganza!

Talked to Geoff and the turbos are set for 9 psi right now.....using stock exhaust at the moment. But if you look closely, the exhasut from the turbos are 3" and we adapted the stock exhaust to increase from 2.25" to 3" to mate up. Wonder why we would do that?

We have had a secret build partner with us from the beginning for the twin turbo system being developed by Next Level Performance. I was not able to reveal them until now. :secret:

Drum roll please ........................................................................

Ladies and gentlemen, SOLO Performance Exhaust has been developing a FULL 3" exhaust system for our cars as part of this TT build. I will be travelling up to Hamilton, ON in July for the final fitment and testing and will have pictures and video to share at that time. Stay Tuned!

Spaycace, I know you are interested..... :judge:

Attachments

#239 ·

We have had a secret build partner with us from the beginning for the twin turbo system being developed by Next Level Performance. I was not able to reveal them until now. :secret:

Drum roll please ........................................................................

Ladies and gentlemen, SOLO Performance Exhaust has been developing a FULL 3" exhaust system for our cars as part of this TT build. I will be travelling up to Hamilton, ON in July for the final fitment and testing and will have pictures and video to share at that time. Stay Tuned!

Spaycace, I know you are interested..... :judge:
AHEM... How's about a little credit?! :)

#240 ·
Solo!

Ron, it's pioneers like you that help blaze a trail for the rest of us. Kudos!:us_flag:

#241 ·
Ron, it's pioneers like you that help blaze a trail for the rest of us. Kudos!:us_flag:
i was just playin :mullet:... flattery will get you everywhere though ;)

truth be told i just begged to get what i wanted where the axleback is concerned. I'm in sales, and a closed mouth doesn't get fed so i just asked and Steve over at SOLO obliged... I've mentioned before that his communication was great, and he was very professional and accommodating through the entire sales transaction.

it should be noted for the public that my SOLO axleback setup was a self assemble affair, as it was one off, i added the v-bands and chose the angle and location of the J's so "actual product may vary" in full disclosure.

#244 ·
Saw his car at the shop. Couldn't quite sneak a peek at it, but its almost there!

#245 ·
Fingers crossed. This weekend!

#247 ·
MOre pics, and vids fo sho!

#249 ·
Just saw Gianna today. OMFG!!!! I can't believe this is my car.......she looks absolutely incredible!

#251 ·
More pics to come, plus vids......G8 Extravaganza this weekend, so I won't be active on the board until Monday.

#252 ·
Ok, I know I owe everyone an update. The car is absolutely effing AMAZING!!!! I will post pics to finalize the build process, provide a list of what was done to date. The 3" exhaust is still coming......

Dyno numbers at 9 psi with stock exhaust are.......577/597.......more to come I promise....

I think Geoff had the car at over 600 rwhp but dialed it back a bit for me to get used to.......

#253 ·
Congrats man!!!! I wanna get dyno'd soon!!!

#255 ·
Yes. When I post the dyno graph you will see how bad it restricts the power level........

#257 ·
Very nice! Finally good to see some numbers and I'm sure you're in heaven driving it finally.

Now Ty needs to get his on the rollers finally!

#258 ·
It sounds awesome too under throttle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.