Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Lakeview Meet - 11 May

43K views 980 replies 41 participants last post by  pony killer 
#1 · (Edited)
1st Annual OGOC Meet, Mod & Crooze!
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2013
Location: Lakeview Park, Oshawa (bottom of Simcoe St. @ Lakeview Park Ave.)
Attendance: open to all, wherever you're from

Agenda
11:00 Modifications pre-session (open to all!) at Lakeview Park
14:00 Main meet time
15:30 Cruise starts
18:00 Dinner at Pete's Big Bite, Whitby

Updated on D-2... That means 2 days before event for all you non-army types! :stormtrooper:

#2 ·
I'm in for sure. Been to long boys. I was also thinking if anyone has anything they want to do to their cars, let us know here and we can bring tools to help a fellow G8er out.

#4 ·
Great call!

#3 ·
Working on getting out to this one. I have my first track event on May 5th so another outing right might be pushing the wife-limits.

What works perfect for me is a meet wrapped around a track event. Just sayin'...

#5 ·
ahh found the thread im in for sure

#6 ·
Ya need anything let me know also i live 5 mins from Lakeview and i got all the tools anyone needs and a garage to do it in

#7 · (Edited)
401 to simcoe st. and go south theres two spots one right at the bottom and a parking lot off to the right just before there and that street is Lakeview park Dr. Type in lakeview park oshawa on google earth and you can see it there. we can either use that lot or at the bottom we can be right on the lake its your choice guys just let me know what you all prefer.

#9 ·
Me too!

#10 ·
Holy crap what a week got to have the transmission replaced in the G8 under warranty at dealership now. and my malibu got smoked by a plow on the hwy He was going over the bridge as the wife was going under and dumped sh%t onto the 401 and took out the windshield check my garage to see the windshield.

#12 ·
In first gear under load it would have a wining sound that would get faster till it went into 2nd gear then it was gone the hotter it was the louder it was. and it felt like i lost a little power also.

#13 ·
I can't make it on Saturday...got to work.

But if you guys don't want to grill/cook...you could always cruise over to Pete's Big Bite in Whitby.
Good thing they are about 75 km away from my home or I'll be eating there more frequently, like on Friday nights summer casual cruise-in.

If you go...say hi to Pete (C6 Vette owner) & Dan (Cobalt SS owner) for me :)

#14 ·
Hey, Mike, shame you can't make it. Even this far in advance you can't wrangle a day off?

You read my mind! I drive past Pete's every day and a couple of days ago thought, "that will be the alternate plan if anything backfires on the BBQ idea".

I dropped in one Friday after you mentioned this last summer at that Brampton show. Nice bunch of guys, very relaxed atmosphere, no car snobbery (as long as it's fast : ).

Pete's is 5 km from my place... things could get fattening this summer!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#15 ·
Well good food makes everyone happier.

#16 ·
Just keeping this thread alive. Sucks about the tranny Les.

#17 ·
Ya I know I will find out tomorrow whats going on with it.

#19 ·
Do it, you won't be disappointed. You'll notice a bunch of us got pics on our sig blocks and avatars from a meet I organized last fall. In total I think 11 of us showed. I'm looking to beat that. We all had a blast and this year will even be better.

As well, keep your eyes open for posts about guys going to the Ertefa meets, they're usually a good time as well, especially when a group of G8 guys show up and roll in together.

#21 ·
And we really need to go for a proper cruise this time out. I've put on too many mods (finally) not to give it a few beans. And Yorkdale parking lot doesn't count lol.

#22 ·
AGREED! But seeing that chinese dude sh$% his pants because 9 G8s rolled by him was totally worth it!

Maybe someone from the area can plan a route this time vice flying by the seat of our pants, lol.

#23 ·
Oh man, that guy's expression was priceless.

#24 ·
Ya we will have to plan a cruse i can see what i can come up with out here. If you guys have any suggestions we will come up with something.

#26 ·
I can't do it... Hell I need directions to the meet location and I started this thread, LOL...

Now a cruise through Wasaga Beach, THAT I can organize!

#25 ·
Definitely looking forward to this. Shame I won't have my new rubber yet, but oh well. Have a business trip to Chicago the week after, and will be making a stop at Tire Rack's location in South Bend Indiana. Picking up 4 Bridgestone Pole Position S04's... 275/35/19's all around.

#29 ·
Oh by the way just heard from the dealer and the tranny is being rebuilt seems the clutch packs are cooked.

#30 ·
Does anyone know a good country route? Something with some twisties :wink2:

#31 ·
Who said you were invited????? :judge:

#32 ·
I should be able to make this event, will be my first time out.

As far as the plant tour, I've heard GM doesn't do many of these anymore. Not like it used to be in the truck plant days, but anything is possible. I did the tour last summer during the Camaro Nationals, and it was kinda cool to see.

#36 ·
A corvette clearly

#38 ·
You can bring the Vette as long as I can push the body panels in and watch them pop out again.:)

#37 ·
If the weather's good, I'd likely try and make it! I always like a good meet-and-greet and cruise.

#41 ·
It just sucks if you push too far and it doesn't pop back out... someone'd get mad ^_^.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.