Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Big singles? Or Quads?

6K views 49 replies 28 participants last post by  DDTECH 
#1 ·
Debeting with the wife, which i want.. I like the thought of just having two big singles.. but she likes the quads..

Thoughts? In case you're wondering i'm looking for best overall performance but alot of growl..alot.. I want this thing to sound it it'll suck a cow in..LOL..

I'm still debeting on which Headers to go with, leaning towards Kooks, but the money is a big part of the "thinking". I see alot of guys run the JBA and OBX LTs with good success, I like the price of the OBX x pipe and down pipes.. but again coming from the import world, OBX sucks over there..

Headers / Exhaust is what i'm doing first and it should be done here in the next few weeks, but i'd like to get some help or advice. I'm looking for best overall power output.. i dont care about noise, honestly.. i want it to sound mean, loud and produce a ****ton of power..

#2 ·
I've had both on my car at one point or another. Quads look 10x better on this car, IMO.

#3 ·
^ I second this. 3 inch quads look fantastic.

#6 ·
3.5" quads

#7 ·
3.5 inch quads with a GXP diffuser is the way to go with these cars IMO. The only singles I would consider would be the SLP ones that form fit the the GT diffuser. Note that the SLPs dont look as good with the GXP diffuser though because of the larger area to fill.

#13 ·
quads!

#14 ·
I vote quads. Have had Pypes, and while they look good, the quads look better.

#24 ·
A set of SSClones. 2 1/2" inlet. Either 3 1/2" or 4" outlets, your choice.

G8's *ss be bad lookin'.
Where can i get these, do you guys have a link?

And thanks for all the responses, its kindof nice to see such a good, helpful crowd on the other side of the fence. I've been in the industry along time, its hard to find active, well grouped boards now and days.. Really glad i joinned.

#20 ·
With GT diffuser, Pypes oval tips.(mine are perfectly aligned) With GXP diffuser, big quads.

#21 ·
Quads for sure.

Mobile via Galaxy S3

#22 ·
Do 4" quads. Nothin like having four cannons aiming at the car behind you. Thats what I'm goin for.

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3

#23 ·
I guess its quads! lol.. I've just been in a rut because i couldn't decide if a BIG 3'' or 4'' single would look nice, or a quad, but I think quad 3'' would look nice.. Anyone know where to get some?? :) I'd like to start piece this thing together.

#26 ·
Ssclones.com sells them and eBay has some as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Autoguide.
Thanks buddy!

Do yall have any suggestion on mufflers.. nothing restrictive..at all.
I'd be fine doing straight pipe, however..i'm open to options.

#29 ·
#28 ·
If you search eBay you'll have to weed through a bunch of results. For mufflers I would go with a solo axleback with j pipes. You can also remove your mid muffler and replace it with an X pipe for more sound. Search YouTube for different exhaust options and you'll be able to get a feeler for what you like.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Autoguide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.