Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Solo hi flow cat issues

5K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  Les 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if solo has worked out the problems with there hi flow cats. I was going to go that route last year but backed off after many failures and repeat failures were reported

#32 ·
Any word on when these will be shipping out? It's been over a month and I've yet to hear anything from Zoro. Thanks?

#33 ·
Give Jeff a call at 905-703-1557. The converters we have now in stock have no known issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#35 ·
Are the Cats the same for the V6? I assume not but Im looking at getting them. Just dont like the problems Im hearing about the Solos.
Thank you
Les

#36 · (Edited)
Hey All,
The cats we have now are working well. Running slightly rich is fine, but excessively rich is what makes any cat fail, including the OEM. We suggest keeping it as close to the OEM AFR as possible. The only issues we have had with our cats are from poorly done installs with leaks (which is an easy fix), or bad tuning where the AFR was excessively rich. Otherwise they work really well. Your tuner should know exactly where to be, as that's basic knowledge for a good tuner. The V6 cats have no known issues and are working well also. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Steve

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#37 ·
I know this question was asked earlier in the thread (almost 2 years ago, lol), but I run Solo cats behind my Maggie and they do fine. Been like that between 10-15K miles. Bought my HFCs in 2011 and have never had an issue.

#38 ·
Thanks LS1! Also, I run the same cats on my 2012 SRT8 392 Challenger with a supercharger and have had no issues either. I have 20k miles on them and drive it daily.

Steve

#39 ·
Well come spring time I will be replacing mine. When I get her out of hibernation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.