Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Rear End Wobble

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2oo9g8gt 
#1 ·
When on the highway back end feels wobbly. Speeds around 60 plus, dont notice anything when driving around town. I am running nitto winter sn2 245/45. The highway is grooved but this my first time noticing this and on winter tires. Checked the lugs their good. I am starting to see the traction control come on when cornering at slower speeds. Any best guesses? Tires, wheel bearing, etc. Thanks.

#4 ·
I drove on rain grooves in the wet while going for alignment after a shock changeover and it was not fun. You may have some alignment issues.

#5 ·
Its like driving on grooved bridge but not that bad. I took my wifes g8 out and she has the gforce 2s. Felt it doing same thing but much much less noticeable. Found some blacktop and car seemed fine. Im gonna toss my summers on see how it feels. The way these nitto's are grooved i think they are amplifying the wobbly ride. Planning on making an appointment just to be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.