Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Miles per tank thread

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  bluegoat06 
#1 ·
Lately Iv been keeping track of how many miles a tank I get and wanted to compare to other people. Iv been averaging around 330 miles on one tnk of gas mostly highway miles. So post after every tank you fill reset your trip count and let's compare

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
With all due respect, miles per tank is the most inaccurate calculation you can think of. Miles per gallon is what you need to calculate... Fill your tank, reset your trip odometer, drive (preferably on the highway) refill your tank, document miles driven & gallons added to get to full. Divide miles driven by gallons added &, voila, you have an accurate way of measuring your fuel economy & comparing with others. However, since everyone drives differently, & in different conditions, take the comparisons with a grain of salt.

#4 ·
I Kno that but I'm just comparing basics. When I drive it says about 410 miles on range and I'm only getting around 300 ish. Mpg avg I get 44mpg avg with 18mph avg on an entire tank

#9 ·
Reset your averages & then your range will be more accurate. Also, some people may fill up their tank when it reads closer to empty than you do. Then again, the gauge is just a gauge, it is not pinpoint accurate & will vary from one vehicle to another.

#7 ·
Dam I wish I got 400 look like I'm gona be at 320 this tank

#11 ·
Haha I meant 44mph at 18 mpg. And let me be more clear since that's what's needed .
Step1-fill tank full
Step2-reset trip odometer
Step3-drive car Til almost empty
Step4-read trip odometer
Step5-log onto g8board
Step6-post readings with how mny miles are left on range.

#13 ·
Example my warnig light came on just now and filled. I had 285 miles in trip with 50 left when it went on. Just reset it and well see in another week

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
Just filled up over the weekend and hand calculation said 16.something MPG, I forget what it actually was. Granted this is on the not-so-great winter gas with the mods in my sig (shrug).

#17 ·
I average around 27+ highway, got to love non ethanol fuel. Car has a nineteen gallon tank, and it screams and dings for gas at around 385, and takes 14 gallons and some change. My gauge can't be right.

Rob

#18 ·
I average 12-13 mpg with mix city/highway driving. No idea how many miles on tank. I bought it to burn max gas at all times (would not be fun any other way), so never really cared about mpg. BTW, I get better mileage in town here than on the highway.

#19 ·
Noticed your location says Germany, how fast will it run. Bet the mileage is bad around 140-150 mph, but who cares.

Rob

#20 ·
It is my DD and I get about 250-260 LOL. Heavy foot :). Avg never goes above 13mpg unless I reset it on the freeway.

#21 ·
filled last night at 245 mile t empty with 51 miles left so one again only 300 ish on a tank. im gona be crying when the 3.45 gears are in

#22 ·
I usually get around 350-370 miles per tank before refilling. Actual average mileage is around 21.5 mpg, but I drive 70% on the highway. I have found that the trip computer is pretty accurate as to fuel mileage, as I calculate at every refill, and currently have over 116K miles on the car. It is 100% stock except for drop in K&N air filter.

The maximum mpg per tank was 26.5 mpg-98% highway, driving the speed limit like an anemic grandma.

#23 ·
I get around 200-250 miles per tank and fill up when its about a quarter left. All city driving and pretty heavy on the gas.

#24 ·
330-340 miles tops. 68-70mph highway cruise, refill when the needle is basically flush with the red mark. The verter made me loose about 2mpg.

Sent from my Nexus S4G | 4.1.1 AOSP JellyButt v2.4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.